Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Client update: 17/OCT/18

ClientUpdate.png

• Modern renderer only: major performance improvements
  • Reduced stutter during structure loading
  • Place outline will now show correctly for all objects (rafts, kilns)

The post Client update: 17/OCT/18 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 1

When I try to log on with the client, it kicks me off after 30 seconds.  I tried using the low memory client.  It lets me stay in the game, but I am not able to point to anything.  In other words, when I point at the bed or meditation rug, there is no outline to click on. 

Hotfix for that went out just now, try relogging and let me know here if it's fine.

• Like 1

And another fix out for odd graphics and a crash on AMD, feel free to switch back to the modern renderer now!

• Like 4

And another one out (third time's the charm is what I always say) for some more lighting related graphical artifacts, should be all good for all settings now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Samool said:

And another one out (third time's the charm is what I always say) for some more lighting related graphical artifacts, should be all good for all settings now.

No idea if this is related, but with the preview client and modern renderer, the lighting of cave tiles is affected by the surface (very odd looking: some cave tiles under a thin dirt layer are lit up like day, while there are shadows over others corresponding to thicker surface features).

Oh, and I'm randomly seeing fences without textures, generally just one out of all I can see.

Edited by Roccandil

13 hours ago, Roccandil said:

No idea if this is related, but with the preview client and modern renderer, the lighting of cave tiles is affected by the surface (very odd looking: some cave tiles under a thin dirt layer are lit up like day, while there are shadows over others corresponding to thicker surface features).

Oh, and I'm randomly seeing fences without textures, generally just one out of all I can see.

Surface lighting leaking into caves in case of thin ceilings is for now intended, might change in future. Thanks to that there's no more light blinking when you switch from surface to cave and the other way.

I haven't heard of any fences missing textures though, can you place a report in the client bugs section with a screenshot when you get a chance to take one?

10 hours ago, Samool said:

I haven't heard of any fences missing textures though, can you place a report in the client bugs section with a screenshot when you get a chance to take one?

OK: I've got the screenshot, but see no way to attach/upload it. Can anyone help with that? I see an "insert existing attachment" option, but that's all.

There is no direct way to upload images to the forum. I use https://imgur.com/ to upload the image, then I copy the link and that can be inserted into the message.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip! I'm a little bummed there's no in-line way to do it, though, if only for bug reports. :(

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this