Sign in to follow this  
Kswords

Sound Categories

Suggestion:

Please change the categories of which the sounds are placed in and add a new 'Fire Sounds' setting.

The sounds are all types of mixed up.

The main issue I've had recently is Fire sounds. From what I can tell I hear them when I have only Emote sounds on.

Fire sounds should be under a setting of their own.

Another issue I have with the sounds is that the fire sounds like it's right on top of you even when you're 20-25 tiles away.

I don't see a fire but it sure sounds like there is one burning on top of me.

Owl sounds should be under Ambient sounds. That means when I don't have ambient sounds checked, I should not be hearing them.

Please state your opinion on any other sounds that don't fit into their categories in the settings.

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 1

[20:32:15] <Finn> tiny bell's still out of any group..and possible to bug people with it

Rituals! I'm not sure where they are listed now. but they should be under music and they are not.

Sounds in general need to be reworked or at the very least updated, a lot of things sound like snakes. I agree with you also it doesn't make sense for it to be emotes. To be fair I've had sound off for years since it's shoddy and immersion breaking and turrets are way to LOUD. We need @Faeranagain to update sounds.

Fits in with a suggestion of mine from a while back:

But yeah, more categories would be nice. Might as well bring back idle animal sounds while they're at it, and put those under their own category.

Yes!  For me, combat sounds especially need to be separate!!   I've said this more than once.  I'd love to have my ambient sound turned up so I can hear crickets at night and stuff like that.  But I don't because if I have it up high enough to hear those, when I get into combat it blasts me with creature noises (spiders and scorps are the worst) and probably makes my neighbors wonder what the hell is going on in my apartment.  lol

+1 for separating sounds options.

*bump*
Still hearing ambient sounds when I only have combat sounds on.
Also the sounds are insanely loud even at the lowest setting. I know I can get around this by moving the Volume Mixer slider down in Windows.

What is the point in having a slider that goes from 1 to 30 if 1 is too loud?

V8y6SSc.png

Bump

I sure would enjoy playing with the sounds I have checked without the sounds I have unchecked.

Edited by Kswords
typo