Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

22 minutes ago, Niki said:

They need to make it a passive and undispellable. Meditation rework needs to come next, no one wants to switch and spend half a year when the devs could just change it again in 3 months.

I agree. Again, I'm not sure it's fair to judge the priest rework outside a med rework: they're too inter-connected.

If a med rework is coming, I'd want to see that before anything drastic was done to priests/spells.

i'm the same guy that fought the karma porting to deeds you can't reach to miraculously hold vast swaths of land you don't live at or cannot ride or sail to easily to defend in past years, as well as sotg being op and nerfed.  Finally i'm glad to see that wisdom prevailed and both got their due neutering..and all my toons are sotg and insanity path so it wasn't in my self interest to speak out against, but bad mechanics are bad mechanics.  I think we are going in the right direction big time, and thank sindusk and other devs involved as such.  tower chaining beautifully restored to prevent leap frog by large kingdoms overwhelming another without sense of long term goal other than to block.  The change to hota is also another must in the making..wht the finaly iteration will be ..remains to be see, yet very happy about it all.  does it hurt my own kingdom of some of it's leisures, sure but we wouldn't want it any other way than to have fully contested active pvp for all, that is a deep truth about many if not most in tc's desire to be on chaos at all.

10 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

I agree. Again, I'm not sure it's fair to judge the priest rework outside a med rework: they're too inter-connected.

If a med rework is coming, I'd want to see that before anything drastic was done to priests/spells.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think work on one thing at a time, nobody waiting for a med rework to fix what needs fixing. Lol. Why you always so over the top about everything?
so why would you take 30 minutes of half spell damage over melee damage, when one is consistent but the other isn't?

Edited by Mclavin

The resistances you gain from being spell spammed on is enough to counter it. Or grind your soul strength. either way.

Clearly isn't but thanks for the input.

Edited by Mclavin

I have access to the highest soul strength on chaos, please step out of my zip code.

Spoiler

[04:24:24] Icenrns casts 'Continuum' on himself.
[20:03:02] Chasone casts Fire Pillar.
[20:04:52] Spyte casts 'True Strike' on herself.
[20:05:07] Warrior casts Scorn of Libila.
[20:05:11] Chasone casts Fire Pillar.
[20:05:19] Silakka casts Tangleweave on Foxfire.
[20:05:19] Kix casts Ice Pillar.
[20:05:38] Xsamuraizx casts Ice Pillar.
[20:05:48] Ammar casts Fire Pillar.
[20:05:57] Kix casts Tentacles.
[20:06:04] Foxfire casts Fireheart on Oniichan.
[20:06:53] Aramisii casts Fire Pillar.
[20:07:23] Hellfang casts 'True Strike' on himself.
[20:07:41] Ciray casts Light of Fo.
[20:08:43] Foxfire casts Inferno on Deadcrow.
[20:08:50] Duyu casts 'Cure Light' on young fat Liecker.
[20:08:59] Chiry casts Fireheart on Titanic.
[20:09:13] Kix casts Shard of Ice on Titanic.
[20:09:14] Aramisii casts Fire Pillar.
[20:09:28] Ammar casts Fire Pillar.
[20:10:57] Foxfire casts Inferno on Oniichan.
[20:11:04] Duyu casts 'Cure Medium' on young fat Liecker.
[20:11:42] Ciray casts Light of Fo.
[20:12:13] Duyu casts 'Cure Light' on Roman.
[20:12:13] Duyu starts to cast 'Cure Light' on Roman.
[20:12:34] Duyu casts 'Cure Light' on Roman.
[20:19:03] Aramisii casts Fire Pillar.
[20:21:48] Chasone casts 'Focused Will' on Chasone.
[20:22:00] Chasone casts 'Focused Will' on Chasone.
[20:22:44] Kix casts Ice Pillar.
[20:22:44] Deadcrow casts Fire Pillar.
[20:23:09] Oscarius casts Drain Health on Roman.
[20:23:10] Kix casts Shard of Ice on Roman.
[20:23:11] Xsamuraizx casts Rotting Gut on Roman.
[20:23:47] Chasone casts 'True Strike' on himself.
[20:23:50] Chiry casts Fire Pillar.
[20:24:03] Xsamuraizx casts Scorn of Libila.
[20:24:37] Foxfire casts Fire Pillar.
[20:25:02] Foxfire casts 'Focused Will' on Foxfire.
[20:31:21] Foxfire casts Inferno on Oniichan.
[20:31:27] Snoo casts 'Continuum' on himself.
[20:31:31] Spyte casts Drain Health on Chasone.
[20:31:46] Foxfire casts Fireheart on Silakka.
[20:32:26] Aramisii casts Inferno on Oniichan.
[20:32:31] Kix casts Ice Pillar.
[20:33:02] Ciray casts Light of Fo.
[20:33:18] Aramisii casts Fire Pillar.
[20:33:22] Silakka casts Tangleweave on Foxfire.
[20:33:24] Chasone casts Fire Pillar.
[20:33:48] Rakki casts Rotting Gut on Icenrns.
[20:34:02] Warrior casts Tentacles.
[20:34:13] Mith casts Fire Pillar.
[20:34:31] Spyte casts Drain Health on Titanic.
[20:34:55] Foxfire casts Fire Pillar.
[20:41:52] Xsamuraizx casts 'True Strike' on himself.
[20:41:53] Spyte casts Drain Health on Titanic.
[20:42:02] Chiry casts Fireheart on Titanic.
[20:42:02] Duyu casts Light of Fo.
[20:42:56] Oniichan casts Scorn of Libila.
[20:43:05] Chiry casts Fire Pillar.
[20:43:09] Foxfire casts Inferno on Silakka.
[20:43:44] Mith casts Fire Pillar.
[20:43:44] Oniichan casts Tangleweave on Warrior.
[20:43:46] Chasone casts Fire Pillar.
[20:44:10] Chasone casts 'Focused Will' on Chasone.
[20:45:07] Kix casts Tanglewave on Mith.
[20:45:28] Duyu casts Light of Fo.
[20:45:40] Chiry casts Fire Pillar.
[20:45:45] Ammar casts Fire Pillar.
[20:45:55] Kix casts Hypothermia on you.
[20:46:00] Chasone casts 'Focused Will' on Chasone.
[20:46:28] Mith casts Fire Pillar.
[20:46:47] Duyu casts 'Cure Light' on Duyu.
[20:51:27] Warrior casts 'Continuum' on himself.
[20:51:31] Ammar casts 'Continuum' on himself.
[20:52:09] Foxfire casts 'Continuum' on himself.
[20:53:16] Foxfire casts Fire Pillar.
[20:55:39] Xsamuraizx casts Inferno on you.
[20:55:54] Rakki casts Rotting Gut on you.
[20:55:55] Xsamuraizx casts Rotting Gut on you.
[20:56:05] Chasone casts Fire Pillar.
[20:56:07] Duyu casts Light of Fo.
[20:56:07] Kix casts Hypothermia on you.

from the last pvp event only what I was in range to see there was at least 70% more 

Edited by Dadamage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think work on one thing at a time, nobody waiting for a med rework to fix what needs fixing. Lol. Why you always so over the top about everything?
so why would you take 30 minutes of half spell damage over melee damage, when one is consistent but the other isn't?

Path of power is clearly meant to be a counter to spells (however ineffective the implementation), which means it really ought to be included in any rebalance of spells.

Right now I'd assume everyone has SotG, which -should- be weaker against spells than PoP, and I don't like the idea of spells being nerfed just to support everyone keeping SotG. That isn't good balance.

I -would- be curious about swapping spells ignoring armor to spells hitting armor elemental resistance but ignoring SotG.

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Null point, you can do that whilst being a priest and have extra ability. Niki stands correct. Why wouldn't you be a priest with the things you just listed. 
You just missed out on extra damage for no reason. Oh hellfang likes to build i guess.

Priests have always made the character more powerful in pvp. It was so before the change, it is so after the change. That point is moot. The point is that you are forced to carefully select what you wear and fight with. The game now needs more thinking. You can no longer stack up drake, scale, moon metal and tomes and dominate. If you want to priest, you need to go leather for good casts. If you go drake or scale it will make your spells weaker. Kingdom rivalry aside, the overhaul changed the meta. 

You can go with an entire team of priests wearing leather too. Nothing is stopping you. Priests may dominate even more now but thats preferable than paying 1k euros+ and becoming suddenly the king of the hill.

from the last pvp event only what I was in range to see there was at least 70% more 

IxfzJ4t.png

i guess cutting weapons are OP

oh boi

Edited by Quicktor

26 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Priests have always made the character more powerful in pvp. It was so before the change, it is so after the change. That point is moot. The point is that you are forced to carefully select what you wear and fight with. The game now needs more thinking. You can no longer stack up drake, scale, moon metal and tomes and dominate. If you want to priest, you need to go leather for good casts. If you go drake or scale it will make your spells weaker. Kingdom rivalry aside, the overhaul changed the meta. 

You can go with an entire team of priests wearing leather too. Nothing is stopping you. Priests may dominate even more now but thats preferable than paying 1k euros+ and becoming suddenly the king of the hill.

Changing the meta is a mistake. It's a mistake in other games when game developers change the way you play the game so drastically that it's not the same game anymore. Game developers think they're so clever but most of the time it ends in failure you can't expect everyone to go to test server. Incentives need to be handed out, polling needs to occur etc.

So I think Sindusk from his lack of experience in pvp which he openly admitted to in the past, has lost touch on what the players actually want; and expect from Wurm pvp. This is a can of worms doomed to fail. I'm sorry to say.

Recruiting for a niche pvp experience that Wurm offer's is extremely difficult. So now we are forcing our recruits to be a priest, and own a separate crafting account? What?

I've been against most of these changes since day one of this thread. I don't want lazy changes to take over this game and make it the new Wizard101 game.

Good example I'd say is World of Warcraft. BFA is so bad and because of all the changes they've done to game systems, currently Blizzard is suffering large player loss. Activision Blizzard stocks are plummenting. People want Vanilla wow, I wonder why? 

6bd8247f694c05260745418db9626a2d.png

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

IxfzJ4t.png

i guess cutting weapons are OP

oh boi

you must be new to the game, you can block weapons with shields and parry, spells your fuc*£$ 1tile away to 10tiles

• Like 1

I still think loosening the drake casting penalty would be interesting. :P

• Like 1

Dadd has 70 soul str this is how much damage he takes from rotting gut and inferno

Oe9Doyw.png

Niarja for soul str ranks :

PuZJp23.png

I know not many accounts are on niarja but easy to say 50 is around average soul str for toons.

Soul str is what is the stat that accounts for DR. Now the 3rd highest toon with it takes 25% of his hp in 2 spells, when theres like ~6 others that can be casted. That's ridiculous. You can nuke any toon in 30 sec if you got enough priests and cast together.

Edited by Egard

11 hours ago, Egard said:

Dadd has 70 soul str this is how much damage he takes from rotting gut and inferno

Oe9Doyw.png

Niarja for soul str ranks :

PuZJp23.png

I know not many accounts are on niarja but easy to say 50 is around average soul str for toons.

Soul str is what is the stat that accounts for DR. Now the 3rd highest toon with it takes 25% of his hp in 2 spells, when theres like ~6 others that can be casted. That's ridiculous. You can nuke any toon in 30 sec if you got enough priests and cast together.

Not saying it is. Simply that I would like to hear better arguments than "nerf spell op". For exampl

This is a great argument. If soul strenght is the stat that should protect you against spell damage, then yes, this is op, unless this comes from a max cast. Then maybe.

Too many variables. This would need more testing, but Egard brings up a great point with concrete evidence. This definetely changes my point of view on these things.

Not that it matters anymore anyways. This all has just become theoretical.

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit.

Please keep all posts related to priest overhaul testing. Public test boards are for constructive feedback, not an area for off topic, kvk banter or bashing of other players.

Kind Regards 

Shakys (Forum Moderator)

• Like 2

ok I'm a bit annoyed tbh,

we got told that on going tweaks would happen as feed back was delivered, who's actually going to be working on this and reviewing the data/logs/messages we send now?
Like in it's current state this isn't what Priests were suppose to be doing, in the larger sides of battles. 
Ice Shard is hitting for 15 damage, this is absurd, this is almost a guaranteed huge axe hit to the head for a few second cast.

I hope the issues are addressed cause priest spam isn't what pvp needed and literally Having to a priest.

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

ok I'm a bit annoyed tbh,

we got told that on going tweaks would happen as feed back was delivered, who's actually going to be working on this and reviewing the data/logs/messages we send now?
Like in it's current state this isn't what Priests were suppose to be doing, in the larger sides of battles. 
Ice Shard is hitting for 15 damage, this is absurd, this is almost a guaranteed huge axe hit to the head for a few second cast.

I hope the issues are addressed cause priest spam isn't what pvp needed and literally Having to a priest.

The dev team isn't a single person. Changes will continue to be made based on feedback, as they have been.

11 hours ago, Egard said:

This should never happen due to resistances. All of the high damage spells (like inferno) share a resistance.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Budda said:

All of the high damage spells (like inferno) share a resistance.

Doesn't really matter when you can use a combo of 2 spells alone to make enemy 50%, between 2 priests this is almost instant when you pair up.

[09:54:19] Ammar starts to cast Fireheart on you.
[09:54:25] Ammar burns you.
[09:54:25] Ammar starts to cast Inferno on you.
[09:54:45] Ammar burns you.
[09:54:57] Ammar starts to cast Fireheart on you.
[09:55:03] Ammar burns you.

Ofc this is with just 1 priest to show that even once you go through the rotation, resistance isn't helping much, with 2 priests it's a lot more faster to bring them down to 50%, 1 casts inferno, the other casts fireheart, then inferno dude casts fireheart.

I didn't apply Rotting Gut/IceShard/WormBrains/Scorn/Pillars or Drain health from other preists yet and I'm 

e757c1bff6490dd129deaa1a5648b1a5.png

That's before we even get into the fact that we're not even entered melee yet.
Oh I'm in scale, not that it matters i could wear nothing right, it ignores amour. 
Too much damage being applied.
tangleweave mclovin"
You could literally have 5-6 mag priests que this rotation up, just to account for the fact that somebody will get tangleweaved and you only need 2 priests to make it through to be successful. lol. 

This is the issue with large scale fights right now. But apparently, for one side, this is fine. 

honestly a image comes to my head as inferno, firepillar/scorn and fireheart comes down around me.

so let's talk about another issue. I'm not a priest and i run into 2 mag priests? How do I stop them casting 50% on me in 20 seconds? No tools at my disposal. You NEED to be a priest now.

c7ec8a092ddc59c5147c8522549b8561.png
https://gyazo.com/c7ec8a092ddc59c5147c8522549b8561

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Doesn't really matter when you can use a combo of 2 spells alone to make enemy 50%, between 2 priests this is almost instant when you pair up.

[09:54:19] Ammar starts to cast Fireheart on you.
[09:54:25] Ammar burns you.
[09:54:25] Ammar starts to cast Inferno on you.
[09:54:45] Ammar burns you.
[09:54:57] Ammar starts to cast Fireheart on you.
[09:55:03] Ammar burns you.

Ofc this is with just 1 priest to show that even once you go through the rotation, resistance isn't helping much, with 2 priests it's a lot more faster to bring them down to 50%, 1 casts inferno, the other casts fireheart, then inferno dude casts fireheart.

I didn't apply Rotting Gut/IceShard/WormBrains or Drain health from other preists yet and I'm 

e757c1bff6490dd129deaa1a5648b1a5.png

That's before we even get into the fact that we're not even entered melee yet.
Oh I'm in scale, not that it matters i could wear nothing right, it ignores amour. 
Too much damage being applied.
tangleweave mclovin"
You could literally have 5-6 mag priests que this rotation up, just to account for the fact that somebody will get tangleweaved and you only need 2 priests to make it through to be successful. lol. 

You are also missing that resistence does only apply for the same damage so fire / frost and so on.
If you do this with 2 more priests but one does ice and the other scorn/internal/ whatever really, you are dead.

• Like 1

Yup, I was keeping it simple. later I will make a video and combine them all to show, that it's really not hitting the mark devs aimed for.
Which imo was careful placement of spells, careful placement of heals and Tangles, to prevent/push through damage, but not ultimately be 50-90% of the fight.

I literally remember sitting with Sindusk on Test server telling me so.

In a big fight when somebody casts Fireheart or Ice shard to give you 15% damage each shot, how do you Tangleweave in mere 7 seconds, you have to identify the person, then tangleweave?
Tangleweave is 3 second cast, Fireheart is 7 second cast, thats a 4 second window to find the caster to apply tangleweave??? Among 20 players????
Like cmon, this is not happening lol. The resistance needs to be greater, the cool downs longer and tangleweave needs to apply cool downs to the caster, why should I just be able to Re-cast? This is especially for damage based spells. Heals, would be a little too much. 

A good start would be making Fire heart and Inferno share the same cool down. If you want to spend 20 seconds, 13 seconds longer than fireheart, to get the extra damage fine. But you shouldn't be able to Fireheart, inferno, fireheart back to back for 50% damage. They should share more resistance too, I expect if i cast Fireheart for quick, but small brute damage, anybody casting Inferno within x time will literally do 2-3 damage to me.
Again if you want to spend the extra time to do inferno, for extra damage cool, but then fireheart should be doing 1-2 damage to me within x time. 

Edited by Mclavin

If damage is too high we'll tweak it down, though it sounds like a combo of slightly too high damage, and resistances not doing enough to combat multiple priests stacking out a single target.

Will look into some tweaks for it.

• Like 2

Just now, Budda said:

If damage is too high we'll tweak it down, though it sounds like a combo of slightly too high damage, and resistances not doing enough to combat priests stacking out a single target.

Will look into some tweaks for it.

Thanks man.

I'll help gathering some more info into here too :)

• Like 1