Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It will be out before christmas

Unless your christmas is in the next few hours 

With this update, christmas is cancelled!

Just curious.. how come ms/botd/ed spells have enchanting overlap.. 2 BL vs 1 WL

: ms is last to dispell unles BotD OR Essence drain are casted. So if I get a good ms cast and then cast a bad botd or ed.. i have to dispell the good ms to dispell the bad botd/ed... seems unfair.

Edited by Llawnroc

The inability to dispel specific enchants is really unfair to everyone. As WL, my bugaboo good enchant is Nimbleness: the ones I want to dispel are usually listed behind it. :(

• Like 1

When your not useing botd/ed the order you want to use is ms first, coc, damage mod, nim or woa, demise. I'm fine with that tbo, but the overlapping thing is just BS imo.

Not sure if its a bug and if i should still write here, or in the bug forum:

After rebirthing hell horses with traits (i guess same with other animals) the traits gets removed.

I would say it shouldnt stay that way, because it doesnt rly rebirth it only creates a new and usualy weaker mob than the original one.

When you compare Nathan to Lib, hes been able to ride hell horses with traits without the need of taming or casting something.

He can catch champ monster and can breed them also. He can even use a pet and a hell horse at the same time and this without a timelimit.

When i rebirth something his Age gets downgraded to "aged" status, gets traits removed and is only existing for 24h. Not to mention that trolls cant get equipped anymore.

Tbh, iam fine with everything except with loosing traits (aslong as you rly can rebirth everything).

Would be cool if LIB priest can ride at least from time to time a good hellhorse for a day.

____

Question:

How bout humans? Does it (still?) matter if the humans had good skills, or will only a default Zombie gets created.

Are Human Zombies equipable?

Rebirth:

Like i thought before its not like you can rebirth anything.

You cant rebirth rift mobs, you cant rebirth hell scorpi, fog spider doesnt rly work. I am sure when i would try to rebirth uniques it wont work anyway.

Traits get removed after rebirthing too.

Summary is for me that rebirth got only nerved, because equipping human zombies and trolls isnt possible anymore.

Edited by zeeph

It's ignorant of the devs to present Nahjos ability to mine as something new, a total of 4 "new skills": mining, prospecting, tunneling and analyze.

All this Nahjo priests could already do.

Nahjo priests could not dig before.

Somehow I think they could cut down trees also and that digging was the one restriction.

I never saw Nahjo as demigod of Fo but of Magranon, because of the mining abilities.

I made a remark in test topic and couldn't belive my eyes that this misinfo made it to the update notes.

It doesn't say nahjo can now mine etc, it says"Fo and his template demigods" of which nahjo was changed to become one with this update. they weren't demigods of anyone before the update they were completely randomly generated and always used a magnaron statuette. there's 0 mention of how the demigods used to be because that's completely irrelevant for this update.

• Like 1

I'm really mad that pendulums work for finding uniques.

• Like 1

I thought they said they were removing mining , digging and cutting from all gods ....

Just not being able to improve a items is penalty enough as a priest .....

Also a new spell for Magneron would be nice called " Ground Brake "    lets you lower a corner were rock and sand meet , with only a depth of 10 under water max .

Bites having to dig up entire area to lower a small section down surface mining ...

Have it cost 50 or 60 favor .

Yes I know there is sculpting wand , but at 1 s per charge that's crazy  ....

On 10/16/2018 at 1:36 PM, Retrograde said:

Glacial (Vynora) - Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to frost damage dealt while worn.

Does that cast also affect other cast, like ice pillar or hypothermia, or only weapon with frostbite?

When cast that spell it inform: [14:42:05] The ring will increase any frost damage you cause. and examine [14:42:44] Glacial has been cast on it, so it will increase any frost damage you cause. [54]

So in my understand is that any damage include other cast damage. Or am i wrong and that information is from what spell told

Edited by monsterix
add more info

11 hours ago, monsterix said:

Does that cast also affect other cast, like ice pillar or hypothermia, or only weapon with frostbite?

When cast that spell it inform: [14:42:05] The ring will increase any frost damage you cause. and examine [14:42:44] Glacial has been cast on it, so it will increase any frost damage you cause. [54]

So in my understand is that any damage include other cast damage. Or am i wrong and that information is from what spell told

It affects all frost wounds you inflict. This applies to salve of frost weaponry, frostbrand, shard of ice, hypothermia, ice pillar, and any other source of frost damage that I might be missing. As a simple rule of thumb: if you deal damage and it's type matches the ring enchant, it gets the damage bonus.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, Retrograde said:

Offensive Jewelry Enchants

• Blaze (Magranon) - Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to fire damage dealt while worn.
  • Corrosion (Libila) - Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to acid damage dealt while worn.
  • Glacial (Vynora) - Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to frost damage dealt while worn.
  • Toxin (Fo) - Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to poison damage dealt while worn. 

Mag can put FA on a weapon. plus has fire pillar as AOE spell

Vyn can put FB on a weapon. plus has Ice pillar as AOE spell

Fo can put Venom on a weapon.

Why is "corrosion" not buff RT from Lib? Or Fugus trap as AOE? only acid dmg I know is from Karma missile and Potion of Acid.

Is the ql of jewelry effecting the enchants?

Rotting gut is acid, and if you acid imbue a weapon the base dmg and RT/BT will also be acid and get damage increased, 10k bt imbued weapons with the rings are brutal

• Like 1

@SinduskSeems you overdid the spell damage, meta now is wear leather and spam spells, spell damage needs a nerf or some characteristics that gives resist, soul strength doesnt seem to do anything like body str does for physical. Spell spam pvp is a crap meta, thats why lib priests were nerfed way back.

Edited by Threap

is there any chance they will make strongwall casts also avaible in pve for lib priests?

On 1/20/2019 at 5:59 PM, Threap said:

@SinduskSeems you overdid the spell damage, meta now is wear leather and spam spells, spell damage needs a nerf or some characteristics that gives resist, soul strength doesnt seem to do anything like body str does for physical. Spell spam pvp is a crap meta, thats why lib priests were nerfed way back.

Have you considered wearing resistance jewelry?  

9 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Have you considered wearing resistance jewelry?  

learn who you're talking to he'll wrap you up in code and tuck you into bed.

I think spells are working fine. They were completely useless before. Now they even the playfield with scale and drake wearers as it should be. You shouldn't be able to completely dominate the field on gear alone. The introduction of spells, salves and the armor rebalance did a good job.

Adapt or die.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1