Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

Any idea when this is going live? I'm getting feisty.

And Strongwall + alchemy sacrifice is Nahjo's thing on freedom.

I'm also looking forward to Scorn not healing random wounds on certain creatures AROUND YOU and no wounds at all to actual people. And just not healing at all period too. (because there's a wound healed cap? idk)

Edited by Wiolo

17 minutes ago, Wiolo said:

Oh no, not another "economy" explanation. :(

1 hour ago, Wiolo said:

So what? lol

Nahjo didn't even have alchemy sac in the begining of change, one player whine about it, boom nahjo sacing alchemy again...Now whe that should be applied on Lib its a problem. Don't tell me that Lib lost strongwall so that nahjo snowflakes can protect their monopol on freedom lol, thats ridiculous

First of all strongwall is taken on pve without any explanation and obvious reasoning at the last minute of whole overhaul when there is no time for someone to complain, arent mycelium restrictions enough crippling of Lib on pve? Whats wrong with having strongwall on Libila on freedom too?!

I realy dont understand such decission and lack of explanation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kochinac said:

Don't tell me that Lib lost strongwall so that nahjo snowflakes can protect their monopol on freedom lol, thats ridiculous

Alright, don't be so quick to derail this into something offensive to others. I don't even own a Nahjo priest. ?

The way I see it, Libila already has a lot. Up to +5 offensive CR with truehit plus bonus, the best array of damage spells in the game, and she is in some ways better than Vynora as an enchanting priest.
If Libila got to keep strongwall, than she would cover a LOT of territories, and that's something I'd rather see be avoided. Because than she would also become a utility priest.
She is even a decent healer with how Scorn will turn out, although Scorn (rightfully so) is still going to be weaker than LoF in most cases. Once they fix the weird healing issues.

Edited by Wiolo

I don't see any good reasons to give Lib strongwall on PvP but not PvE. If that's a problem, something deeper is wrong.

• Like 1

Okay, then get rid of it on PvP too.

Edited by Wiolo

Lib having strongwall on PvP is hard coded, not part of her generated spell list, which is why it's not included in PvE. 

Back in the day hots had to use support beams while WL kingdoms had strongwall and hots had no way to disintegrate. 

It was changed that all PvP priests had disintegrate and strongwall.

• Like 2

Aye thanks for the info Retro!
I always felt this was a BL only kingdom focused kind of change, which makes sense as of why it isn't in PvE.

Edited by Wiolo

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Lib having strongwall on PvP is hard coded, not part of her generated spell list, which is why it's not included in PvE. 

Back in the day hots had to use support beams while WL kingdoms had strongwall and hots had no way to disintegrate. 

It was changed that all PvP priests had disintegrate and strongwall.

It's not so much about not using support beams as it is ability to fix mine by collapsing that you messed up or it was messed up. I would rather have every priest has strongwall and disintegrate on pve too as it is quite essential part of building deed from scratch on wild land, to do this now I have to train another priest just for the purpose of collapsing and nothing else which sucks a lot, I really cant play on that much characters and the trouble of having someone coming to fix on a large project is too big hastle and too much human contact..

I was looking forward to start building deed on Xana just with my Lib and all that is now suddenly ruined

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I was looking forward to start building deed on Xana just with my Lib and all that is now suddenly ruined

I have a spare mag priest roaming around on Chaos with no pants ( long story) if you want you can borrow him! 

17 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I have a spare mag priest roaming around on Chaos with no pants ( long story) if you want you can borrow him! 

Since we are hardcoding stuff, would being able just to collapse and disintegrate but not strongwall mine wall like with beams on every priest be good compromise? And Mag and Nahjo can keep option to stronwall support beam style still? This would keep beam market intact and give people more opportunities to fix old abandoned mines and bring land into more natural shape for new players?

You can split current strongwall into collapse and support wall, every priest get collapse and Mag and Nahjo gets collapse and support wall. How does that sound?

But Nahjo already dominates PvE, surely giving Lib a buff isn't going to break something that isn't already so broken that you couldn't find the pieces with a microscope?

• Like 1

Wonder what follower passive Libila will have.

Cause mycelium hunger gain is nothing.
Also, I think alchemy sacrifice is not good for Nahjo. I mean he did start with a lot, but he's really good in PvE, like tooo good girl.

Edited by Wiolo

Wonder if the update comes this week.

Does it look good dear Lord Dev or will the update come after xmas?

*edit*: is gary out for testing already and if so, can i see a screenshot of the spell list please?

Edited by zeeph

It will be out before christmas

Unless your christmas is in the next few hours 

• Like 3

Awesome!

First time since decades iam happy when i think about upcomming xmas. :)

"Unless your christmas is in the next few hours"

That sounds like i should ask:"does it come tommorow?"

:D

2 minutes ago, zeeph said:

That sounds like i should ask:"does it come tommorow?"

Only if your tomorrow is in the next few hours 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

what about us that celebrate hanukkah

25 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

i bet there will be problems with it that only the players will find nontheless, so keeping it from us if its ready is a mistake

13 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

i bet there will be problems with it that only the players will find nontheless, so keeping it from us if its ready is a mistake

Come again? 

It'll be out in the next few hours

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

My Christmas is on January 7th, we in Serbia are ortodox Christains (I'm an atheist btw) who celebrate it by old Julian calendar ;)