Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

Thought: What if you could have lead sickles enchanted with venom and imbued with acid.

Does "Potion of Acid" work in PVE on regular mobs?

Does "Venom" work in PVE on regular mobs?

I suspect the answer is no and no but I don't know for sure.

21 minutes ago, Neville said:

The benefit to imbuing your weapon in PvE circumstances is the power to boost your weapon's damage through jewellery.
And Venom will be made to never glance. Giving higher damage output against enemies who have high glance rates. 

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

BT working on bows is already a huge issue, especially when one combines a BT bow with fa/fb arrows.  But at least BT has to actually be 'worked' for, which a majority of people probably do not want to be bothered to do it.  If you can just simply throw a cast on a bow in minutes, then everyone will need it because it's so easy to do for the people in large kingdoms or with priests that have high channeling.  End result is that it just increases the entry level to pvp even higher.

But that's just the simplistic way of looking at it.  Imagine people with LT bows, you are making the strong stronger.  10 chain/plate guys vs 10 drake/scale guys, don't think I need to say which are the newer weaker group and which are the stronger more experienced.  If the 10 chain/plate guys are getting a drake/scale guy beat up and in danger of dying, the guy being beat up won't have to wait in danger for a lof cast to go off, they can just simply run away from the slower chain/plate guys and laugh as they sit in safety shooting the sitting ducks with a shortbow, getting free heals all the way back to full health.  Or the guy running around wrecking horses with spears that gets banged up by aosp bardings, he can just run away and shoot horses that are too wounded to move fast to heal.  Now imagine boat pvp, forget needing to cast off full heals rackin up that healing resistance, just shortbow the worst guy in the enemy boat and stay healed

Its a can of worms that needs to be closed not opened more

LT actually useful in PVP, and an interesting choice on a bow, along with BT and FB/FA/etc.? Sounds like a good thing, not a bad.

And since an FA/FB bow should always be worse than a fully-charged BT bow (which already exist), I'm not buying the idea that allowing FB/FA bows somehow raises the entry level for PvP: rather, it makes it easier for new players to get bows closer in effectiveness to BT10K (which again, -already- exist).

Not allowing BT to stack with enchanted arrows would be a nice consequence, as well.

5 hours ago, Neville said:

Thought: What if you could have lead sickles enchanted with venom and imbued with acid.

In melee every normal mob in the game just has a generic armor with no damage modifiers and like 20% glance rate or something so i dont think its gonna beat LT/FB/BT in any cases.

From what I know, enemies have a set glance rate, for example, rift beasts have a 35% glance rate to cuts and pierce, and 40% to bash for example.

I wonder what it's generic armour type is. Or if it affects DR.

I'm curious what effect enemies generic armour values have, crocodiles have plate, trolls have studded, scorps have studded, etc.

In terms of PvP, acid is sort of a good all round damage type for most armours, while burn is very concentrated towards leather bearing enemies, drake studded etc. While cold is great against metal and scale bearing enemies.

Edited by Wiolo

14 hours ago, MrGARY said:

they can just simply run away from the slower chain/plate guys and laugh as they sit in safety shooting the sitting ducks with a shortbow, getting free heals all the way back to full health

If you think that when u're low HP you can just run away from 10 guys in chain, stop a cople of tiles away and start archering them and it actually hitting people since they're all waving their shields at you , you've clearly never been in a 10v10

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Grumpysmith said:

@Sindusk   Thank you for your long post, and I'm sorry for your recent troubles. My sincerest wish for your full recovery in all respects.

My Monday morning issue would be the need for some attention to the Truehit/Nimble issue regarding BL. Accuracy is an important issue and I didn't notice it in your most recent post regarding the work you've recently completed or in your upcoming work effort.

I agree with this regarding accuracy. In my opinion Truehit is an important, if not often, overlooked spell and it is by far among my favorites. It would be painful to lose Truehit from Libila's spell kit. The only issue I have ever had with Libila is that Scorn of Libila frequently did not work as intended and from what I understand that will be addressed. I'd also prefer Reveal Creatures over AOSP in her spell list after the nerfs to locate soul's range were implemented. And yes, I know that last part sounds a bit insane.

Note: I have not had the time to read over every single part of this long thread.

Also: If you haven't already. Get well soon Sindusk!

I feel the same Challenge, there is only one deity who can cast Truehit on freedom now, and that's Smeagain, although I do believe that Truehit does suit Smeagain well, I would like to see it returned to Nahjo/Tosiek, it's kinda what gave Nahjo his edge in combat, and giving it to Tosiek kinda makes sense compared to Libila, who can have up to 5+ offensive CR through her offensive bonus and truehit, while Tosiek doesn't have that bonus nor Nahjo, making them still lesser good than Libila in combat. But also giving them some extra love as support roles in combat, Nahjo also has Frantic charge and cure light. Giving him a very good round of combat abilities without being too strong.

Edited by Wiolo

On 11/9/2018 at 1:30 AM, Sindusk said:
On 11/6/2018 at 5:19 PM, Llawnroc said:

-----> Priest's of 100 Faith should gain permission from their god to improve armor and weapons only without penalty; to promote their god and to gain favor.( Only Champions still get bonus DR, and other non-priest abilities.) character statistics would still be nerfed for the priest, but skill gain wouldn't.

--------> Essence drain should add 2-5 favor per hit (1h) and 3-8 favor (2h); on top of planned mechanics.

-----------> I loved the comment about mediation and favor gain(reminds me a bit of EQ). it would make meditation useful more than only for paths levels. Maybe even give the character in meditation an aura which lights up the sky so that creatures and other characters can interrupt and locate. so that "enlightenment" really creates a light(maybe like a pillar like BL/WL/rift.. it could be really fun for PVP; setting traps, utility, with a risk.

still have a bit more of reading to catch up on this thread.

• Unlocking the ability to improve is probably worse than just making it work from the start. While unlocking spells makes sense, putting the ability to perform a basic action behind a grind will be viewed quite negatively in implementation. It's something that sounds neat on paper, but in reality it leads players to look at the grind ahead of them to unlock the ability to do something simple and say "nah not worth" and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. -there is no perk to getting 100 faith, this would be one. It's not efficient to "grind" as a priest due to the Body gains penalty. Being able to improve ONLY ARMOUR/WEAPONS is fairly limiting and only helps battle priests.
  • Giving favor per hit is an interesting idea. If the implementation of Essence Drain doesn't work out how we intend it, this seems like a good buff to give it. For now, I think keeping on track with the current purpose of the spell (LT for Libila) without mucking it's identity with new mechanics out the gate is the way to go.- With the healing changes; It seems to me that bigger heals would be preferred rather than any small heal that Essence Drain provides(unless the healing resistance is based off total health gained and not a per swing), and the internal wound mechanic just seems.. odd to me; internal wounds should be created by all blunt weapons instead of an enchant(side note: mauls should be internal&pierce damage). And keeping with the name of your new spell gaining favor would fit nicely. I love the intention of the spell despite my suggestion. 
  • Meditation linked to favor gain could be something interesting. I'm not sure how that would work out in reality but I'll play around with it a bit and see how it feels.- something worth it like, 1 favor per second of meditation and like a 100% chance to be critically hit, but idk if that would make channeling grind too easy.. but i'm sure it would make for an interesting PVP experience seeing priest just start meditating in the middle of a battle forcing enemies to focus them.. 

------> I was considering a Lead Short sword with LT for PVP; lead SSword should cause fast small poison wounds, and LT healing. I doubt it would be very effective but I was thinking it would be an interesting defensive strategy and scare people from dying to poison with so many wounds- I was curious if lead weapons are going to act similar to the venom with the glances removed?  AND if we could get a buff to how fast poison might kill a player. I think death from poison would make pvp so much more interesting if it was a real concern.

I only wanted to explain my thought process.(replies in purple)

Edited by Llawnroc

7 minutes ago, Llawnroc said:

I was curious if lead weapons are going to act similar to the venom with the glances removed?

Well... that would be much too powerful if copper and lead weapons never glanced on top of having FB/FA being able to be cast on them, they would effectively be the new meta because they would just... have a better DPS. It would also make venom not useful.

But actually there is great perk for 100 faith. You will be able to cast spells that required linking alone which is awesome. 

I only wish that for gaining 100 faith your only option isn't sermoning. I understand that getting 100 faith should require effort and time but sermoning isn't good mechanic imo. You choices are: 

1. Play in PvP kingdom and relay on kingdommates to listen your preaches

2. Wait for impalongs 1-3 times a year and get around 5ish faith per one, totally ruining your RL with 3 hour timers that week and competing with other priests into rotation

3. Own machine powerful enough to run atleast 5 clients and invest 10ish silver for month and do it yourself again commuting to 3h timers

4. Pray that you can find sermoning group in a community and again do stuff from 3.

For me all these options sucks. Not to mention that while in sermon group you are forced out of your deed and can't do much things that you would normally do. Praying your way to 100 is insane and not even sure how much years you need of doing that.

@Sindusk Have you give some thoughts about alternatives for us not  so social people with limited time and lot of RL commitments? It would be great if someone have some ideas that would be balanced still and not to easy but more suitable for single players. Like removing 5 prayers a day with gain limit, or completing a mission for god that would give you some faith gain based on participation, sacing supreme for a faith gain, those are some ways that I could think from the top of my head.

Edited by kochinac

1 hour ago, Llawnroc said:

It's not efficient to "grind" as a priest due to the Body gains penalty

characteristic penalty got removed years ago

With the healing changes; It seems to me that bigger heals would be preferred rather than any small heal that Essence Drain provides(unless the healing resistance is based off total health gained and not a per swing

it's based off amount healed.

there is no perk to getting 100 faith, this would be one.

having faith above 90 adds to the bonus to channeling casts, as well as being able to cast more spells without linking after update. 

I was considering a Lead Short sword with LT for PVP; lead SSword should cause fast small poison wounds

LT would be super weak coz it wouldn't heal from the poison damage, not to mention it's on a shortsword.

22 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

characteristic penalty got removed years ago

Can you point me in a direction where I can get that "years ago" confirmed?

Does not seem removed for my Nahjo priest.