Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

4 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Curious how transition will be handled? If i have Lib priest that is follower of Vyn on freedom for example, do I need to have him on Chaos the moment of update or will he get priesthood on freedom automaticly after update if he is parked on freedom? or i need to move him to Chaos before update to keep priesthood? also lesser issue but still what with players that have dual religion that they are following, for example again Lib follower on Chaos and Vyn follower on Freedom? will he get stuck with religion of server he is parked on?

Good question. We're looking to make it so the higher of the two faiths will be applied to the character on login. For example, someone who has 50 Libila faith (Chaos) and 80 Magranon faith (Freedom) will login with 80 faith. If they're on Chaos, they'll be 80 faith Libila. If they're on Freedom, they'll be 80 faith Magranon. Afterwards, considering everyone has a free faith transfer, you can elect to go Libila, Magranon, or whatever else you want at 80 faith.

• Like 3

Rite of death could move all baby fouls up a stage in their life to rideable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

Rite of death could move all baby fouls up a stage in their life to rideable.

Because we all know what happens next. Poor horsies.

Wait, what are baby "fouls"?

New changes should be live on Oracle and Baph test servers shortly:

• New Spell: Purge (All gods & demigods, 45 faith, 35 favor)
    • Purge removes all beneficial spell effects from the target creature.
    • The spell effect removal completely ignores dispel resistance and does not have a resistance of its own.
    • Purge has a 5 minute cooldown after a successful cast. Cast time is 15 seconds and range is roughly 6 tiles.
    • This spell is designed to be a countermeasure for using half a dozen effects to "mask" the effects that actually matter and prevent them from being dispelled.
  • Bloodthirst now has a chance to inflict an infection wound on the target.
    • Chance to inflict an infection wound is the power of the bloodthirst / 100,000. This grants a 10% chance per swing at 10k Bloodthirst.
    • When an infection attack is rolled, it will ignore the target's glance rate, similar to how Venom currently works.
    • Infection wounds now tick every minute, and will rapidly worsen.
    • Bandaging or treating an infection wound will stop the worsening effect, but they will still tick every minute.
  • Web Armour now adjusts attack speed as a multiplier instead of a flat amount.
    • Every 10 power of Web Armour adds 1 second to the duration of the effect. This is unchanged from previous mechanics.
    • The effect no longer slows each attack swing by 0.5 seconds per power. Instead, it now slows the attack speed by a percentage equivalent to the power.
    • For example, at 50 power, web armour will slow swings by 50%. If the attacking weapon swings every 3 seconds, it would instead swing every 4.5 seconds under the effects of Web Armour.
    • This interaction works off the base attack speed of the weapon, not the actual.
      • A glimmersteel small maul has a base attack speed of 2.7 seconds (3 seconds with a 10% reduction for being glimmersteel).
      • The actual swing speed of the glimmersteel small maul is 3 seconds, since you cannot swing faster than once per 3 seconds.
      • The glimmersteel maul would swing every 5.4 seconds under the effect of 100 Web Armour.
      • By this logic, you can ignore web armour completely by using fists and bearpaws, since fists have a base swing speed of 1 second.
      • Other interactions similar to this (like Frantic Charge) will also apply.
  • Sunder damage has been reworked.
    • Sunder now accounts for the targets QL, damage, and weight when calculating the damage done.
    • Base damage remains the same, at 0-20 damage based on cast power.
    • Quality now reduces the damage of the sunder cast, starting at 0.5% reduction at 1QL to 50% reduction at 100QL, scaling linearly. 80QL items will take 40% reduced damage.
    • Damage already on the item also reduces the damage of the sunder cast, starting at 0% reduction at 0 DAM and scaling to 100% reduction at 100 DAM. 50 DAM items will take half as much sunder damage.
    • High weight objects (guard towers, forges, etc.) will take significantly reduced damage now. Any item under 5kg will be unaffected by this change. All items over 5kg will start taking significantly reduced damage, scaling indefinitely.
  • Light of Fo, Scorn of Libila, Life Transfer, and Essence Drain now use intelligent wound targeting. They will prioritize healing the highest damage wound(s) they can.
  • Nahjo now has the meat & alchemy affinity.
  • Enchants when examining an item now have color! Check the image below for an example. Colors are able to be modified individually on a per-player basis through the text section of the client settings. You can revert it back to boring by configuring all colors to white.

6OlSbFx.png

• Like 5

Not sure if i like Purge tbh, like if i cast Continium, Stoneskin and oakshell on my self and all dispells in one spell ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

Not sure if i like Purge tbh, like if i cast Continium, Stoneskin and oakshell on my self and all dispells in one spell ?

15sec cast timer, 6 tile range if you setup a wurm assist alarm you shouldn't ever be hit by this

Edited by platinumteef

6 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

15sec cast timer, 6 tile range if you setup a wurm assist alarm you shouldn't ever be hit by this

Don't force me to use windows! :)

9 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

Hmmm now maybe we need to buff if then, if we will never be hit by it, its not very useful  ??

Edited by Nocturnes

vRXkz19.png

You shouldn't need to have Wurm Assistant to notice someone is casting something hostile on you.

• Like 6

• Nahjo now has the meat & alchemy affinity.
  • Enchants when examining an item now have color! Check the image below for an example. Colors are able to be modified individually on a per-player basis through the text section of the client settings. You can revert it back to boring by configuring all colors to white.

Thank you!

Sunder damage has been reworked.

• Sunder now accounts for the targets QL, damage, and weight when calculating the damage done.
  • Quality now reduces the damage of the sunder cast, starting at 0.5% reduction at 1QL to 50% reduction at 100QL, scaling linearly. 80QL items will take 40% reduced damage.
  • Damage already on the item also reduces the damage of the sunder cast, starting at 0% reduction at 0 DAM and scaling to 100% reduction at 100 DAM. 50 DAM items will take half as much sunder damage.
  • High weight objects (guard towers, forges, etc.) will take significantly reduced damage now. Any item under 5kg will be unaffected by this change. All items over 5kg will start taking significantly reduced damage, scaling indefinitely.

Maybe I'm too tired now to understand it - but will Sunder have any use with these changes? Multiple reducing factors and less than 5kg items totally ignored.

Just now, Jaz said:
  • Sunder damage has been reworked.

Maybe I'm too tired now to understand it - but will Sunder have any use with these changes? Multiple reducing factors and less than 5kg items totally ignored.

Sunder now works on large objects like forges, ovens, and guard towers. Before these changes, it would do the full 1-20 damage on those items. Guard towers would be able to be brought down in ~10 casts from decent skilled priests, making it take mere minutes to remove a tower. These changes are intended to make it so that Sunder is balanced against the new objects you can use it on.

BT changes sound interesting, will farmer's salve fix these wounds?

I like the changes of WA too.

6 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Sunder now works on large objects like forges, ovens, and guard towers. Before these changes, it would do the full 1-20 damage on those items. Guard towers would be able to be brought down in ~10 casts from decent skilled priests, making it take mere minutes to remove a tower. These changes are intended to make it so that Sunder is balanced against the new objects you can use it on.

I see - that is reasonable on those items.

One use of Sunder was to be casted on smaller items to effectively work down their ql (like for means of grinder tools). Is there a reason <5kg items are protected from Sunder?

Pff. I'M braindead. I can't even read a sentence properly.

Edited by Jaz

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

I see - that is reasonable on those items.

One use of Sunder was to be casted on smaller items to effectively work down their ql (like for means of grinder tools). Is there a reason <5kg items are protected from Sunder?

The <5kg means they'll take full damage from their weight, not that they're immune to Sunder. It's specific to that change line, not Sunder as a whole.

1 minute ago, Sindusk said:

The <5kg means they'll take full damage from their weight, not that they're immune to Sunder. It's specific to that change line, not Sunder as a whole.

Yeah just realized it before the moment you replied. I think I should stop trying to understand anything even simple today...

so... I like the Sunder changes too :D

Edited by Jaz

8 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

vRXkz19.png

You shouldn't need to have Wurm Assistant to notice someone is casting something hostile on you.

in top end pvp a simple white screen message comes nowhere close having sound notifiers

you have 100 things going on in combat you have to pay attention to

Does bloodthirst still deal 33% more damage with this change? on top of the fact that it occasionally venom no-glances enemies.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Bloodthirst now has a chance to inflict an infection wound on the target. 

• Chance to inflict an infection wound is the power of the bloodthirst / 100,000. This grants a 10% chance per swing at 10k Bloodthirst.
  • When an infection attack is rolled, it will ignore the target's glance rate, similar to how Venom currently works.
  • Infection wounds now tick every minute, and will rapidly worsen.
  • Bandaging or treating an infection wound will stop the worsening effect, but they will still tick every minute.

Does this also apply to bows with BT? If so, ouch!

I still say we need this:

- Don't let BT stack with enchanted arrows;

- Allow using other weapon enchants on bows (like Venom, at least), also not stacking with enchanted arrows.

I do like the WA changes! :) I like Purge, if only because I won't feel like I have to stack a bunch of useless spells (like Morning Fog and what have you) before going into combat.

Now, however, I kinda wish there was a "Magic Shell" spell, that would provide immunity from being purged to one magic spell effect (and only allow that one beneficial spell effect, so it would be a "purge-all-but-one"). :P That way you could either stack a bunch of spell effects, but risk having them purged in one go, or lock in a single effect for the duration of the Magic Shell.

Oh, and I like the healing buffs too; that feels "right". :)

Edited by Roccandil

BT should be renamed Blood Infection ?, also any word about 33% damage?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sindusk said:

A glimmersteel small maul has a base attack speed of 2.7 seconds (3 seconds with a 10% reduction for being glimmersteel).

Can you confirm the attack speed? Previously there was a minimum weapon speed of 3 seconds. So Small weapons that were made of glimmer or had Woa cast didnt drop below 3 seconds.

4 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Bloodthirst now has a chance to inflict an infection wound on the target.

Can you explain how this differs from Rotten Touch? is the faster ticking only from BT?

Edit

how will infected woud stack etc? it might only ever tick once in a fight, if someone has a 20-30 RT wound and it instant kills them on the first tick that might not be good. Here is a fight from yesterday, you can see most of the times between the first few kills are pretty short as people get focused.

[20:49:03] Erinyesthegreat slain by Pedro, Garrettwademan, Icenrns, Gildi, Haxd
[20:49:33] Gildi slain by Edlardo, Warhead, Spyte, Votip, Tedzogh, Jaycz
[20:51:24] Votip slain by Garrettwademan, Pedro, Icenrns, Malevolence, Haxd
[20:51:52] Haxd slain by Edlardo, Warhead, Spyte, Votip, Tedzogh, Jaycz
[20:52:40] Warhead slain by Pedro, Garrettwademan, Maximillian, Icenrns, Gildi, Malevolence, Haxd
[20:56:14] Edlardo slain by Garrettwademan, Pedro, Maximillian, Icenrns, Malevolence
[20:57:08] Icenrns slain by Nicedreams, Edlardo, Warhead, Tedzogh, Spyte, Jaycz
[21:01:55] Nicedreams slain by Pedro, Garrettwademan, Maximillian, Malevolence, Haxd
[21:03:11] Malevolence slain by Nicedreams, Spyte, Tedzogh, Jaycz
[21:04:29] Jaycz slain by Pedro, Garrettwademan, Maximillian, Malevolence, Gildi, Haxd

Edited by Threap
added stuff
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Niki said:

BT should be renamed Blood Infection

Actually Bloodthirst still works very well, it's an enchant that grows as your thirst for blood does as you kill more and more.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 9:46 AM, Sindusk said:

Good question. We're looking to make it so the higher of the two faiths will be applied to the character on login. For example, someone who has 50 Libila faith (Chaos) and 80 Magranon faith (Freedom) will login with 80 faith. If they're on Chaos, they'll be 80 faith Libila. If they're on Freedom, they'll be 80 faith Magranon. Afterwards, considering everyone has a free faith transfer, you can elect to go Libila, Magranon, or whatever else you want at 80 faith.

and does this apply to same toon epic priest status, conceivably getting 2-3 deity transfer options?

Something that concerns me that I would like to point out. Scorn of Libila heals monster mobs because they aren't hostile to Libila. Creating possible opportunities for grief, if it were to heal all rift humanoids around who count as monsters, I know animal ignore makes rift beasts friendly because they got paws and what not. I'd like to see something be done about this. 
Not only so that the spell could be more effective and damage enemies that I WANT to be damaged, but also to prevent healing griefing through this spell.

Edited by Wiolo

1 hour ago, Wiolo said:

Something that concerns me that I would like to point out. Scorn of Libila heals monster mobs because they aren't hostile to Libila. Creating possible opportunities for grief, if it were to heal all rift humanoids around who count as monsters, I know animal ignore makes rift beasts friendly because they got paws and what not. I'd like to see something be done about this. 
Not only so that the spell could be more effective and damage enemies that I WANT to be damaged, but also to prevent healing griefing through this spell.

Is there a list what mobs is counted as "monsters"? :o