Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

3 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Bless and Refresh no longer give "would never help the infidel" error if the target is not hostile. Hostile targets will still give the infidel error.

Is it just for those two spells? i know when i went to goatshape someone climbing DF i had to convert them to tosiek to cast on them, i imagine most buff spells give the same error.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:25 PM, Nocturnes said:

Btw how high is the current nerf to body stats for priests, last time I heard it was 50% nerf to all body gains.

that got removed years ago

• Like 1

@Sindusk

Priests being able to rebuild houses, priests should also be able to FIRE a war machine. 
Or you should apply the same restrictions to priests as you have to war machines. So Mag can fire a treb i assume? You should make it so He can help rebuild only stone walls.
Vyn only wooden walls/floors/fences. Fo can do dirt walls, that's good enough. Lib will do Stone only. 
Otherwise raids are going to be over the top repairs at every stage and limited firing on war machines due to the need for priests.

Item protection on death passive has been adjusted. Base chance to save items has been reduced from 50% to 35%. Now stacks with resurrection stones, applying a 65% chance to keep items on death if you have both the deity passive and resurrection stone active.

This shouldn't be a thing. Passive rez 35% is fine, but force players to pay 5s to get 50% if they want 50%. You shouldn't get 15% extra for being a priest over a non priest.
If you go for that, allow me to buy 2 rez stones for 65%

Edited by Mclavin

Hell Strength's buff to Body Strength and Soul Strength do not seem to be reflected in the skill window. Is this intentional?

EDIT: Same with Forest Giant Strength.

It's also unclear what the Body Strength buff actually applies to. My Body Strength is still listed as the unbuffed value, and I've confirmed it doesn't affect my carry weight limits, so it doesn't appear to be the same as actually increased Body Strength, but I'm not sure what it does or doesn't affect. This could probably be made more clear to the player.

Edited by Ostentatio

On the real server, I could see the Forest Giant Strength buff in the skill window, and it affected strength gains. (Granted, I haven't used it in a while.)

@Sindusk   Thank you for your long post, and I'm sorry for your recent troubles. My sincerest wish for your full recovery in all respects.

My Monday morning issue would be the need for some attention to the Truehit/Nimble issue regarding BL. Accuracy is an important issue and I didn't notice it in your most recent post regarding the work you've recently completed or in your upcoming work effort.

As others have said, the real test for balance will be when these new and/or reworked spells are actually used on live servers. The times I've been on the test server I've been there alone and it is difficult test group impacts alone. Would it be possible or even advisable to hold a event on test or challenge with just cosmetic rewards prior to going live?

I will keep my Lib priest, but I'll have to decide what to do with my two Tosiek priests. My main Tosiek is currently my Mission Runner/Healer with reveal creatures, goat shape, refreash and Light of Fo - changes to the pendulum range may force me to review that one. Not sure what to do with my battery Tosiek.

Thank you Sindusk for the minimum damage threshold changes. That was really weird and made nice enchants useless to newer players.

6 hours ago, Sindusk said:
  • Fireheart cast time increased to 7 seconds from 5 seconds.
  • Shard of Ice cast time increased to 7 seconds from 5 seconds.

A good rebalancing I think

• Fo's combat rating bonus at 70 faith now also applies in tundra.
  • Fo's and his demigods' stamina bonus now applies to tundra.

Sounds great!

• Natural favor regeneration has been significantly improved. It now regenerates faster and refills favor every 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds.

Awesome! More frequent smaller ticks are one of my favourite tweaks you had on your WU servers.

•  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Natural favor regeneration has been significantly improved. It now regenerates faster and refills favor every 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds.

I look forward to testing this at some point; should make the life of a travelling caster much easier.

• Like 2

Venom still glances currently, love the favor regen changes! was able to get to 10 favor in like a minute.

I tested Lurker in the woods on the red dragon of the test server, even when I was right next to the dragon the pendulum didn't move, but after spamming it 5 times it finally showed where the dragon was, even though it was like 10 tiles away from me.
So it only has a chance of locating uniques? had 90 soul depth at the time, and like 1/7 times it actually showed where it was, rest of the time it just told me the pendulum doesn't seem to move.

Also I dislike the resurrection stone being the only way to be the most effective way to protect items, but eh, it's an investment I guess in valuables. I also dislike pendulums locating uniques at all. I think that it would make unique hunting less fun and surprising, I've hunted uniques on Xanadu for a week straight worth of wurm playtime, and found nothing. But still! it was exciting just because I wasn't constantly looking at a pendulum, and instead climbing mountains and looking at the great views, making lurker apply to uniques means that it will just have them be found way faster on 8x8 servers and make Xanadu a whole lot less interesting to explore since the more hidden uniques would probably be found. But I guess that's just me, I just like the way unique searching is now.

Other than that thank you so much for these fantastic changes Sindusk! hope all is well for you sir. And I can see you have listened and proposed a lot of my concerns, thank you!

18 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Is it just for those two spells? i know when i went to goatshape someone climbing DF i had to convert them to tosiek to cast on them, i imagine most buff spells give the same error.

that got removed years ago

thanks for the heads up, so its completly gone now?

Another thing I would like to add, it seems to most people having lower hunger loss is a penalty, and this applies to me too, it makes juggling affinities harder because your hunger degrades slower. Wouldn't it be better all around if this buff (penalty) instead of reducing the need to eat or reduces your hunger, it increases affinity time along with hunger? if not that then reduces your thirst? thirst is something a lot struggle to juggle when they don't have their carbs up. And if you want to get drunk or regain stamina all things that pose benefits to drink can be drank even with full thirst already. I'd much rather see reduced thirst as a deity bonus.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

I'd still really like to see all attack enchants work on bows. Venom/LT are hugely expensive to cast on arrows, and then the enemy can fire them right back. Why bother?

22 hours ago, Jaz said:

Awesome! More frequent smaller ticks are one of my favourite tweaks you had on your WU servers.

They're not smaller. You really do regenerate twice as fast. >:3 

2 hours ago, Wiolo said:

They're not smaller. You really do regenerate twice as fast. >:3 

Ohh yes it seems my unconscious blocked me to believe that. Even better :P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wiolo said:

I also dislike pendulums locating uniques at all. I think that it would make unique hunting less fun and surprising, I've hunted uniques on Xanadu for a week straight worth of wurm playtime, and found nothing. But still! it was exciting just because I wasn't constantly looking at a pendulum, and instead climbing mountains and looking at the great views, making lurker apply to uniques means that it will just have them be found way faster on 8x8 servers and make Xanadu a whole lot less interesting to explore since the more hidden uniques would probably be found. But I guess that's just me, I just like the way unique searching is now.

Me too... I did not want to bring it up being a person who is actively looking for uniques when my time allows me. I'm fully happy with the way uniques are found currently (another incentive to have a priest). That will be gone with a pendulum which is a one time investment only and does not burn silvers/prem time for the benefit of CCAB.

3 hours ago, Wiolo said:

Another thing I would like to add, it seems to most people having lower hunger loss is a penalty, and this applies to me too, it makes juggling affinities harder because your hunger degrades slower. Wouldn't it be better all around if this buff (penalty) instead of reducing the need to eat or reduces your hunger, it increases affinity time along with hunger? if not that then reduces your thirst? thirst is something a lot struggle to juggle when they don't have their carbs up. And if you want to get drunk or regain stamina all things that pose benefits to drink can be drank even with full thirst already. I'd much rather see reduced thirst as a deity bonus.

Very valid point - unless the one bite for an affinity can be added like it is with drinks now (although that can be abused to stack a hundred different temp affinity maybe).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roccandil said:

I'd still really like to see all attack enchants work on bows. Venom/LT are hugely expensive to cast on arrows, and then the enemy can fire them right back. Why bother?

This would make archery INSANELY overpowered

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

This would make archery INSANELY overpowered

Why? BT is already OP on bows, because it doesn't get shot to the enemy on the arrows (and does it stack with enchanted arrows?).

The idea that we enchant a bunch of arrows, which is hugely expensive, and then give them to the enemy is just silly, especially when BT adds a nice damage boost, and is immune from being so gifted.

Surely if it's a problem, bow damage could be tweaked to allow all damage enchants to just go on bows. After all, BT is a decent option for melee weapons, but not the only option, and it works.

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

The idea that we enchant a bunch of arrows, which is hugely expensive, and then give them to the enemy is just silly, especially when BT adds a nice damage boost, and is immune from being so gifted.

Bt on bows takes forever to charge up (going from 40-70 archery only gave me 1.5k on the bow so around 10% done) and can gifted by dying with it on you.

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Bt on bows takes forever to charge up (going from 40-70 archery only gave me 1.5k on the bow so around 10% done) and can gifted by dying with it on you.

40 - 70 archery is an easy grind. I'm not having issues grinding BT so far, myself: you just need to kill champ/greenish creatures with it (somewhere around 6K right now, and a champ troll still gives 100 or so). And if you can kill stuff at Rifts. it helps a lot.

All the same, BT does take a while to charge, and in the long run, should really be the most powerful enchant overall for a weapon. Why, then, is it the -only- weapon power enchant for a bow? For all this talk of "OPness", I'd expect FA/FB to be significantly less powerful than a fully-charged 10K BT bow. The trade-off is an instant boost in power, while not being as good as the final BT product: which can only help newer players who haven't had time to charge BT.

Variety is a good thing. :)

Variety? Everyone would be going for bloodthirst in the long run because it's better. Wurm is a game about grinding mate! everyone would go for bloodthirst still! and those powered up bows would be passed on to others in PvP too for future training.

On the topic of Bloodthirst... I like what bloodthirst does now, however, I do think that Flaming Aura and Frostbrand should get some kind of buff to make it more in check with BT, especially considering that priests damage bonus is being reduced. So that the people who are dedicated to hunting and PvP and what not won't notice much of a difference in their damage output, while also being more in line with normal players.

Just not sure how though.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiolo said:

Variety? Everyone would be going for bloodthirst in the long run because it's better. Wurm is a game about grinding mate! everyone would go for bloodthirst still! and those powered up bows would be passed on to others in PvP too for future training.

On the topic of Bloodthirst... I like what bloodthirst does now, however, I do think that Flaming Aura and Frostbrand should get some kind of buff to make it more in check with BT, especially considering that priests damage bonus is being reduced. So that the people who are dedicated to hunting and PvP and what not won't notice much of a difference in their damage output, while also being more in line with normal players.

Just not sure how though.

The thing is, BT takes a week to make and Flaming aura takes 2 minutes to cast

12 hours ago, Gladiator said:

The thing is, BT takes a week to make and Flaming aura takes 2 minutes to cast

Exactly. Do you want to spend the time/effort for the best damage output, or do you want a "quick and dirty" solution?

That's a reasonable gameplay choice, and we've got that choice for melee weapons. Seems odd we don't have that choice for bows.

BT working on bows is already a huge issue, especially when one combines a BT bow with fa/fb arrows.  But at least BT has to actually be 'worked' for, which a majority of people probably do not want to be bothered to do it.  If you can just simply throw a cast on a bow in minutes, then everyone will need it because it's so easy to do for the people in large kingdoms or with priests that have high channeling.  End result is that it just increases the entry level to pvp even higher.

But that's just the simplistic way of looking at it.  Imagine people with LT bows, you are making the strong stronger.  10 chain/plate guys vs 10 drake/scale guys, don't think I need to say which are the newer weaker group and which are the stronger more experienced.  If the 10 chain/plate guys are getting a drake/scale guy beat up and in danger of dying, the guy being beat up won't have to wait in danger for a lof cast to go off, they can just simply run away from the slower chain/plate guys and laugh as they sit in safety shooting the sitting ducks with a shortbow, getting free heals all the way back to full health.  Or the guy running around wrecking horses with spears that gets banged up by aosp bardings, he can just run away and shoot horses that are too wounded to move fast to heal.  Now imagine boat pvp, forget needing to cast off full heals rackin up that healing resistance, just shortbow the worst guy in the enemy boat and stay healed

Its a can of worms that needs to be closed not opened more

• Like 3

Have anyone summed up all changes after feedbacks and updating it somewhere?

curious about changes.. but not that much to read 14+ pages