Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

2 hours ago, Sindusk said:

If these changes were to go live, in their current form, on Monday. What change(s) would bother you most?

Nahjo losing favour bonus from sacrificing healing cover ingredients.

6 hours ago, Sindusk said:

If these changes were to go live, in their current form, on Monday. What change(s) would bother you most?

6 hours ago, Sindusk said:

There has been some comments against allowing continue/repair on PvP servers and it's very possible that restriction will remain intact on PvP servers if necessary.

-That- would bum me out, at least for Epic. :( Was looking forward to actually building altars as priests.

Thank you so much Sindusk! very fair points and thank you for all the responses, hope everything is well for you.

Edited by Wiolo

I agree with Gladiator, stacking res stone just makes things unfair in PvP for those who aren't Mag priests. I still hate the thought of having to pay 5s every time just to protect your items in PvP, but oh well.

Also @Sindusk is it intentional that Scorn of Libila distributes the amount of wounds healed across multiple targets? for example a cast that damages no mobs healing 1 wound across 3 tamed pets but nothing to a player. Or 3 wounds on a single target and no healing at all to anything else, as I have observed.

And finally, thank you for acknowledging my concerns to Nathan and Tosiek and Smeagain and Fo.
Also the restrictions are good. And I like the ways you're thinking of fixing Nathan.
And final question for now. Is that formula you gave for forest giant strength and hell strength (thank you so much for doing that by the way) for a 100 power cast? I assume it scales depending on power.

Edited by Wiolo

Oh, final question x2, how long do you guys plan on having the faith transfers be available for? personally I will need a lot of preparation before switching my faith.

14 hours ago, Sindusk said:
  • If these changes were to go live, in their current form, on Monday. What change(s) would bother you most?

In terms of changes?  I have to admit, the lackluster nature of cleanse is a big letdown.  I cannot see myself using this spell, nor can I see anyone with gardening over 30 having much use for it on the PvE servers.

Otherwise?  All that's really needed to be said has been said by others.  I'm looking forward to these changes; mostly becuse I know that if they are genuinely detrimental to the game, they are likely to be tweaked.

• Like 1

Cleanse is mean't to be a PvP spell really. Just a mirror of the fungus spell that nobody ever complained about. It is what it is. :P

Edited by Wiolo

14 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Armour DR will apply. For example, wearing Chain you would take 67.5% less damage (you missed the base 5% DR that naturally occurs in your statements) from Venom attacks. However, even if it's a maul, it would no longer be modified by the 110% effectiveness against Crushing attacks. Without venom, chain would reduce a maul/crushing attack by 72.19%. Chance to glance using crushing attacks against chain is 25%. This gives chain a rough effectiveness of ~80.53% against crushing attacks when you account for 25% of damage being 100% reduced. With venom, this would bypass the effectiveness and glance rate, giving the target a 0% chance to glance and would always calculate damage as being reduced by 67.5%. In this scenario, Venom is causing the maul to deal nearly 165% increased damage since it's bypassing the armour modifiers. 

However, on the flip side, this can be detrimental. If we change the armour type to plate, we're seeing a 70% effectiveness with Venom and 76.73% effectiveness without. This is a 111% increase in damage when using Venom. Then you consider that you're missing up to 33% fire damage from Flaming Aura and you're actually doing less damage with Venom in this situation.

So, it sounds like the primary weapons for Venom will be medium maul and huge axe, as the highest 1H/2H damage dealers, unless sickles or spears are better, or someone wants a Venom defensive weapon like a longsword.

The advantage will be solid damage against all kinds of armor: no need to pack different weapons for different armors.

Any chance of being able to cast Venom on bows? :)

15 hours ago, Sindusk said:

You actually nailed a few spells that are still awaiting changes. I'm not going into detail because the reworks involve something we might end up scrapping (and they're not even done yet). When they're ready, Fo might become a more interesting choice.

One change that would help Fo is reclassifying scorpions as animals, not monsters. Makes sense that trolls, goblins, and lava fiends would all be monsters; they seem like sentient creatures that have chosen the path of evil!

But scorps just seem like another animal that should be at peace with higher-level Fo priests.

While I'm at it, a Fo spell that would call nearby animals to attack a target could be cool. :)

15 hours ago, Sindusk said:

I'm aiming to move away from RNG during combat and allow a more cerebral combat between the individuals in battle.

I like that!

In this case, the Dispel situation reminds me of the D&D system, in which you had varying levels of dispelling magic. Your basic Dispel couldn't scratch a high-level protective enchantment: you needed to use a powerful spell like Pierce Magic to break it down.

Something like that could be interesting.

16 hours ago, Sindusk said:

• If these changes were to go live, in their current form, on Monday. What change(s) would bother you most?

Before I only needed one priest, Paaweeler and now I will need three. All I care about is item enchanting. In my opnion, these changes completely fail at creating a reason to play a priest as a main for PvE.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Summon Soul sounds really useful and convenient as-is. I imagine priests could set up a network for people to get around quickly. Could use a cooldown or drawback of some kind for how quickly people would be able to get around that way. A teleport sickness if you will. Might compromise the scale of Wurm if every priest has it, but it would make gatherings and events a heckuvalot easier to attend to at least.

If not already considered, Summon Soul could also show how many tiles away the caster is for the recipient, to get an idea of what a return trip would be like, as well as whether they'd be arriving on land or in the middle of the ocean. Potential for grief or misuse there.

Then again I suppose it's balanced around not necessarily having a mount or boat with you at your destination. Personally it sounds fantastically useful.

Glad you're doing better Sindusk.

Edited by Hoseph

It's a bit difficult to properly test changes as in most cases metas and such are found on the live servers during proper pvp scenarios which is why i was such a fan of the challenge servers being used as a way to properly test pvp changes, maybe we oughta bring back a smaller scale version of those

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wiolo said:

Cleanse is mean't to be a PvP spell really. Just a mirror of the fungus spell that nobody ever complained about. It is what it is. :P

People have actually, more than a bit

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Was looking forward to actually building altars as priests.

you can already make gold/silver altars and bless them, they're simple creation.

5 hours ago, Hoseph said:

If not already considered, Summon Soul could also show how many tiles away the caster is for the recipient, to get an idea of what a return trip would be like, as well as whether they'd be arriving on land or in the middle of the ocean. Potential for grief or misuse there.

that sounds like the fun of the spell though

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you can already make gold/silver altars and bless them, they're simple creation

Those are expensive, and it seems silly you can't create a stone altar with a priest.

While I'm at it, being able to continue (and repair) means priests can complete a significant number of goals they couldn't previously. That's a good thing, and I have no problem with that being possible on Epic.

Edited by Roccandil

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

People have actually, more than a bit

Was talking about fungus. : >

59 minutes ago, Wiolo said:

Was talking about fungus. : >

So was she, pvpers have loudly complained about fungus (as well as rite of death) and the ridiculously easy spreading of mycellium if hots wanted to grief literally an entire server while WL kingdoms had no alternative other than a shovel and manually changing every tile by hand.  The complaints are why cleanse exists

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

The complaints are why cleanse exists

I wonder if complaining loud enough will get it to have PvE functionality added (it's not as if I'm asking for it to remove the heal debuff or anything!)  XD

I was unable to cast Human's demise on a small seryll maul with Essence drain, Nimbleness already on it

[17:30:47] The small maul is already enchanted.

edit: I realized that the maul already had acid salve smeared on it, if that helps

Edited by Deathangel

Erupt to create a lava tile is a meditation skill.  Please remove the requirement for being in a Mag domain as it is not a priest spell.

• Like 4

On 11/9/2018 at 4:30 AM, Sindusk said:

Fo had 3 affinities: Pottery, Cloth, and Food. Other deities have one or two each. Magranon has metal, Libila has meat & alchemy. Vynora had one (wood), which is now two (with pottery) since it makes sense. This balances out the affinities a bit and makes them more evenly spread throughout the deities.

The food affinity seems mostly useless as is, however. If it were buffed to give more favor for chopped veggies (or unchopped veggies), that would be interesting.

• Like 1

I want to see a priest type be able to cast rebirth on freedom.
I want to see zombies on freedom.
I want to see Tosiek get monster ignore.

Now I'm just begging really. XD but still, think it makes perfect sense.
Sindusk has done a great job, so I'm all out of stuff that matters really to add. :) 

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wiolo said:

I want to see a priest type be able to cast rebirth on freedom.
I want to see zombies on freedom.
I want to see Tosiek get monster ignore.

Now I'm just begging really. XD but still, think it makes perfect sense.

Aslong as its Libila who casts Rebirth on freedom ^ ^

It is after all her unique spell, bound to her religion.

Same as Mole senses for Magranon etc :D

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

Btw how high is the current nerf to body stats for priests, last time I heard it was 50% nerf to all body gains.

Is that still active? Cant find anything on wurmpedia about body stats penalty. 

(Pardon for slightly changing the subject)

Edited by Nocturnes

I would like the ability to choose what enchant to dispel.

If that somehow is too easy, you can hide the option behind skill. 70 channeling has the option to remove the last and/or the one before that, 90 channeling can choose which one to remove.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 5

Made a round of changes which should now be on the test server:

• Bless and Refresh no longer give "would never help the infidel" error if the target is not hostile. Hostile targets will still give the infidel error.
  • Fireheart cast time increased to 7 seconds from 5 seconds.
  • Shard of Ice cast time increased to 7 seconds from 5 seconds.
  • Fo's combat rating bonus at 70 faith now also applies in tundra.
  • Fo's and his demigods' stamina bonus now applies to tundra.
  • Tosiek now has the spells Bloodthirst and Web Armour.
  • Tosiek no longer has the spell Life Transfer.
  • Smeagain now has the item protection on death passive.
  • Natural favor regeneration has been significantly improved. It now regenerates faster and refills favor every 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
  • Damage enchants Flaming Aura, Frostbrand, and Essence Drain no longer have a minimum damage threshold for a wound to be applied.
  • Life Transfer and Essence Drain no longer have a minimum damage threshold for healing to be applied.
  • Restrictions for Libila priests have been lifted: Farming, Harvesting, Sowing, Planting, Gathering.
  • Fixed a bug where converted damage types through salves or the Venom spell would not calculate glance chances properly.
  • Fixed an issue where monsters were attacking priests with the non-aggressive monster passive. Sorry Emoo.

I didn't touch on everything I wanted to yet, so this is up next:

• Scorn of Libila weirdness - not applying healing resistance, not healing wounds properly, etc.
  • Item Protection on death revisited - we'll be changing it to make it no longer stack with resurrection stone. Instead, it will offer 35% chance passively, but a resurrection stone will overwrite that with it's normal 50% chance.
  • BL characters being able to harvest from mycelium trees and similar

If anything was reported that is not fixed in these notes or mentioned here, please reply here with a new iteration of the report. I've done my best to go through all of the pages and fix what I've seen but there's just simply too many comments (and words, frankly) for me to catch everything.

• Like 9