Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

I just tested Venom on the test server, still glanced a lot... did around the same amount of damage at 83 power, On an armoured player and on PvE mobs, I guess these changes to venom haven't applied yet...
I also noticed Scorn of Libila isn't prioritizing high damage wounds.

Edited by Wiolo

And here's a suggestion I would really appreciate if was added, make template demi-gods have their template deity be their casting item, so Libila template deity's use a libila statuette and create libila colossus.
And Libila deity's pray on corpses, Fo trees etc. And alignment gain bonuses be the same too.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Since this is the time we'll be offering a full faith switch, it's the only proper time to adjust spell lists to ensure balance.

Does this mean every priest will have the choice to transfer during a period after the overhaul release?

1 hour ago, MrJonnyboy said:

Does this mean every priest will have the choice to transfer during a period after the overhaul release?

Yes

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wiolo said:

And here's a suggestion I would really appreciate if was added, make template demi-gods have their template deity be their casting item, so Libila template deity's use a libila statuette and create libila colossus.
And Libila deity's pray on corpses, Fo trees etc. And alignment gain bonuses be the same too.

This is a very good idea and makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 5:02 PM, Roccandil said:

Sme is WL.

Huh, so he is, my bad.

Losing the ability on nahjo to sac garlic and random mob bits hurts.  I can't offer a better reason to keep that than it's always been like that, and many people have made long-term plans on being able to do that.  Does it really break the game that much to have one god be a decent pve utility?  It's not like nacho has much use in pvp, although the reshuffle does adjust that slightly.  Basically, I get that you want to change things to make the worst better and the best worse, but it feels like that's a retrograde step, given that how things work now supports many play styles on pve.

There are many things I like - the ability to link outside your immediate god, less useless spells, etc.  It's just that as you're changing something a lot of people already use extensively, it might be good to allow more people to keep doing what they already do, rather than taking stuff away to give new stuff (unless that's really necessary - fountain containers were a necessary change, even with the pain, for example).

Edited by Wonka
  • Like 1

I would like for the sub-gods to not only use the Statuette  of the parent God. But to also use the Altar of their Parent god.

• Like 6

I agree with suggestion that demigods should use statue of template gods and followers be able to make template gods colossus so we can have Lib colossus on freedom finally :) Also could you fix sacrificing interupting casting it makes impossible to utilize grinding with queued actions. Also could you replace desecrate button with sacrifice button on that small selected item panel pretty please, would make life so much easier.(Haven't actually checked if it's done on test but live this is situation for quite some time, so sorry if already fixed)

• Like 4

Why not just lift the libila restriction on freedom? Is not like anyone plays BL on Chaos anymore, and it would eliminate the double religion problens the ban causes. I cant think of a single reason why Lib priests cant exist on freedom.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Why not just lift the libila restriction on freedom? Is not like anyone plays BL on Chaos anymore, and it would eliminate the double religion problens the ban causes. I cant think of a single reason why Lib priests cant exist on freedom.

From what the devs said in a steam I believe the issue is that there's a lot of (legacy) code which links Libila to BL. Thus it would be a huge amount of work to make that possible. I think this is the one, but I don't know at which moment in the steam they talk about it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303235308

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

From what i've understood reading some old answers on this topic it's because old chaos specific code and conversions from template kingdoms which would make mess on freedom(freedom is not fammiliar with concepts of BL and WL kingdoms), also a lot of cleaning in that code is probably needed before becomes applicable to freedom. Also some devs and people doesn't like mycelium on freedom, have no idea why tbh, expecially now with new Fo spell. I agree with you that it would be best to allow Libila on freedom too and resolve some dubious mechanics that are consecuences of that restrictions and i hope it will happen one day :) In the mean time untill that is done this seem like a reasonable easy enough solution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kochinac said:

Also could you fix sacrificing interupting casting it makes impossible to utilize grinding with queued actions. 

I would also like this looked at. It used to be that you could use a couple altars loaded with favor and queue the following actions: sacc the 1st altar, cast, sacc 2nd altar, cast. If you have 6 available actions then you could use a third altar as well. This was great for minimizing down time between actions. Now it seems that the 2nd sacc action overrides the cast and some weirdness ensues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

From what i've understood reading some old answers on this topic it's because old chaos specific code and conversions from template kingdoms which would make mess on freedom(freedom is not fammiliar with concepts of BL and WL kingdoms), also a lot of cleaning in that code is probably needed before becomes applicable to freedom.

What better time to clean up the code than when you are overhauling the code...?

I dont see how the freedomers would accept mycelium growing over the prescence of Libila, the very backbone in pvp is for either WL or BL to maintain dominance in their religion over the servers. Lib followers gets huge benefits from mycelium and they dont really work well on grass. Im not a freedomer so I cant speak for them but I can see that this would bring conflicts with deeds complaining on the myc taking over/infecting their neighbour forests or similiar arguments, maybe im wrong, maybe mycelium wouldnt bother the majority of freedomers if so I could see Lib working in pve too. But it wouldnt make any sense allowing BL on freedom as disguised WLers, its either all the way or not at all.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

What better time to clean up the code than when you are overhauling the code...?

True, but even overhauling can sometimes and needs to be set up in stages. I din't bother to look at Wurm's code as i prefer playing and don't know exact situation, i'm sure that some from developers can explain it better. I'm just teorizing from my expirience on working in overhauls in large systems. I assume the Lib code is more entangled into other stuff than the priest things that are being overhauled and can cause greater potential instability.. but curent overhaul can make good start for dealing with Libila when finished, just my assumptions. Trust me i would be happy to be Lib on freedom :)

Why can't we have imping as well, honestly I thought some of the restrictions for certain gods made sense, but not being able to continue or imp never really made any sense to me since both are very big parts of the game as a whole.

20 minutes ago, Dranana1 said:

Why can't we have imping as well,

Because they' lose half their subs, because everyone would be a priest, and because no.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, Wiolo said:

Cotton. :3 And from what I've seen the heal debuff lasts about 5 minutes (25% reduced healing) when you heal ~ 80% health which doesn't happen often at rifts since usually your biggest wounds will be ~15-20 damage if you're a bit newer to the game. At 10 minutes the healing is halved. I assume. Which means the player would have to heal 160 health within that period of time to get to 50%. And LoF already has a 2 minute cooldown.
The amount the debuff scales depends on how much healing you receive, not how often you're healed.

No-one holds still long enough for you to apply the cotton at rifts, they're far too busy running around and getting murdered for that!

On a more serious note; I very much doubt this new "balance" is going to kill anyone in PvE, and I have no idea what it will do for PvP.  Oddly enough, the people it will impact most are cloth wearing priests (who can take up to 80% of their health bar, in damage, in a few seconds at a rift), but I suppose getting priests to sit back during rifts to munda-heal is a good way to stop priests getting all the high scores ;)

Then again; I can see this making unique hunts much more difficult, especially if the devs were to inversely link AoE damage to the number of players in local...

• Like 1

Leather armour protects pretty well against burns and cuts which enemies at rifts deal a lot, better than studded leather actually, and it gives a 30% casting bonus like cloth. (71% DR to both those wound types)
Still not as good as chain at rifts though.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

Just a heads up for anyone testing, you can now set your alignment in the test menu.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:51 AM, Dranana1 said:

Why can't we have imping as well, honestly I thought some of the restrictions for certain gods made sense, but not being able to continue or imp never really made any sense to me since both are very big parts of the game as a whole.

They also have to save that last treat to being a champ ^^ Its like the last stage to go as a priest until you can do it all.

Edited by Nocturnes

Did some spell attack testing, swapping between gods, and wound up seeing this as Smeagain trying to cast Hypothermia on a Beefalope a kind GM spawned:

[12:40:45] Smeagain would never accept your spell on venerable Beefalope.

Also, perhaps it was my inexperience, but I had a hard time getting any AoE spells to do damage-over-time to PvE mobs I had aggroed. I only had any success with Fire Pillar (and it wasn't much).

When Fire Pillar -was- doing damage, I noticed these oddities:

- Aggroing a PvE mob after casting the spell seemed to give a small one-time damage hit from the spell, but not damage-over-time (I saw this once);

- Doing melee damage to a PvE mob experiencing damage-over-time seemed to immediately stop the damage-over-time (I saw this twice).

17 hours ago, Wiolo said:

Leather armour protects pretty well against burns and cuts which enemies at rifts deal a lot, better than studded leather actually, and it gives a 30% casting bonus like cloth. (71% DR to both those wound types)
Still not as good as chain at rifts though.

That's news to me; I used to use a piece of leather armour to stunt favor regen when skilling channeling.  Have they removed the favor regen penalty from it as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

That's news to me; I used to use a piece of leather armour to stunt favor regen when skilling channeling.  Have they removed the favor regen penalty from it as well?

Not exactly, they just made it so that leather armour gives a 30% casting bonus like cloth/nothing does. Other armours still suffer from this effect.

Here’s a question for the devs, mainly Sindusk: 

The artifact weapons currently have demise spells on them (I.e.: Fo’s Demise on the Sceptre of Ascension), will they be completely removed with this update or replaced with something else? 

Edited by CIRAY