Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

Is it intended?

[00:02:23] You are now a priest of Fo.
[00:02:32] You start to cast Cleanse.
[00:03:01] You cast Cleanse.
[00:03:01] Success Cost:26.0, Power:43.54327392578125, SpeedMod:0, Bonus:-47.0
[00:03:01] An invigorating energy flows through you into the ground and reaches the roots of plants and trees.
[00:03:01] The domain of another deity or settlement protects this area.

If cast Cleanse available in domain of Fo only, this spell isn't very useful.

A couple of potential bugs I found this afternoon:

1.  With your "faithful" button turned off, you lose faith as a priest for doing something that your diety does not allow when you begin the action, not when finishing it.  This is different than live, and shouldn't be.

2.  Activating a shovel and packing a grass/steppe tile is disallowed on priests that are restricted from paving.  This is different from live and should not be.

Also, can someone explain the purpose of priests getting a bonus to improving items? 

The bonus to improving is for champions. Priests already recieve an improving penalty.

Edited by Wiolo

40 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

A couple of potential bugs I found this afternoon:

1.  With your "faithful" button turned off, you lose faith as a priest for doing something that your diety does not allow when you begin the action, not when finishing it.  This is different than live, and shouldn't be.

2.  Activating a shovel and packing a grass/steppe tile is disallowed on priests that are restricted from paving.  This is different from live and should not be.

Also, can someone explain the purpose of priests getting a bonus to improving items? 

On live, unless changed,  you lose for beginning an action that you cannot do.  I lost down to 99 faith that way.  This is with faithful on too.

One thing about the "feel less hungry than normal" passive: it's actually a penalty to me, because it makes juggling affinity food harder. Instead, it would be cool if the passive made food affinities last longer.

To be honest, I wish there were a hunger spell, so I could instantly remove food from the bar and pop in other food affinities. I wind up leaving toons online, just to get hungry.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

One thing about the "feel less hungry than normal" passive: it's actually a penalty to me, because it makes juggling affinity food harder. Instead, it would be cool if the passive made food affinities last longer.

I strongly agree with this, this is not a power, it's a hindrance in most cases.

• Like 2

Because looking at 9 different screenshots to see what priest has what spells after the update makes me crazy, I have created a spreadsheet that is a little bit easier on the eyes.

>>>This<<< is a new version of the table of spells on the Wiki, updated with the spells that each religion will obtain (and lose) in the update. 

An "X" indicates that this spell is available to this priest's religion after the priest update.  

A shaded cell indicates that the spell was available to the priest before the update.

If an "X" is present but the cell is not shaded, the spell is new to this religion.

The new spells outlined in Retrograde's post are in bold in column A.  Spells are loosely categorized by type in Column B for sorting purposes.

• Like 7

After looking over the groups of spells, I'm disappointed in a few things:

1.  Fo has no damage spells, no AoE damage spells (not one!), no demise enchants of any kind... and his only compensation for that is now being the only priest that can still cast Light of Fo.

2.  Vynora is still lacking for PvP.  While yes, her spells are buffed in damage, so is every other religion.  Being a nerfed king of enchants is no excuse to be disallowed the ability to contribute in PvP.

3.  Can we please.... please.... reroll the useless priest improve bonus into something that is actually useful?

4.  Explain why Mag needs a healing spell but Vynora does not.  Anybody.

• Like 2

Possible bug-  

[22:26:47] Nahjo would never accept your smiting old unicorn.  

This occurred only when the unicorn was tame.  When the unicorn was not tame....

[22:39:37] Nathan would never accept your spell on old unicorn.

Definite bug-

Essence drain does not heal my wound when I damage a creature with my enchanted weapon.  Not at all, not even .01 damage.

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 2

A concern i notice is the balance of healing between priests that do use it, glad to see prevention for spell spam. Though in regards to healing i find it will be difficult to use Drain Health as effective as someone who can use Cure Light or Focused Will to heal as you require multiple targets to spam Drain Health otherwise you have a 30s cooldown and based on Cast strength its hard to compare to Cure Light. Spamming spells at all shouldn't be a tactic to win pvp especially healing spells.

It is a shame to see bt nerfed when it is the enchant that players have to sink in the most time and effort to get maxed. Switching to fa or fb might not even be possible for players without removing other enchant in the dispel process. You would think the hardest enchant to get would be the strongest.

The change to passive res stones was a change that didn't need to happen they were fine the way it was. Just looks like a money sink so that priests with that passive will now cough up more silver. Should have just left res alone so it's 50% chance whether it's passive or stone so everyone in PvP has equal chance to drop.

Lack of lof.. Hope Gary has it. Nice that a couple have scorn but that was one of the big spells used in PvP and pve (uniques and rifts) and now only fo has it.

With lib not on freedom it's a shame only mag and nahjo are only options for strongwall. 

Also is vyn only God with coc now?

I think balancing is good in the sense that nothing is massively OP anymore but I don't think spells are evenly distributed. Lof, strongwall and coc are like rare spells now where as botd, web or lt are common.

• Like 3

Late to the party. Unfortunately, my internet was out for most of yesterday and by the time I got it back, I was already ready to get to bed. There's common consensus about several of the changes, which I'll dive into shortly - but first I want to state two points. First, as mentioned, this is public testing and things are subject to change, especially regarding numeric adjustments. That also doesn't mean these changes are set in stone. One common topic is the Bloodthirst change. It's something we'll discuss based on feedback and review again. Secondly, why some of the changes seem weird, off balance, or not true to the identity of Wurm. For that, the simple answer is that there's just an outrageous amount of changes here and we were ambitious enough to try and tackle absolutely everything. It should be easy to connect the fact that the notes are almost 10 pages long (in the document we're using) and that there will likely be something we didn't get just right. That's literally why this public test is happening. Players will call us out on what we did wrong, and we'll pivot and adjust based on that feedback.

That said, as my own personal comment, I'd like to request a bit more civility when criticizing the changes. It's easy to take constructive criticism and suggestions. It's hard to take outright flames with comments such as it being the worst change ever or that the devs have no clue what they're doing with this or that or the other thing. These changes are bound to cause some anxiety considering the gravity of what's changing. I encourage people to speak their mind, just remember manners when doing so.

With that out of the way, I'll dive right into some responses to some of the comments here. If I missed a few, don't think it's ignored. There's just a lot and I'm picking out the ones with really focused points that I can address directly instead of ones with multiple thoughts.

17 hours ago, Wonka said:

So...is Nahjo now useless for pve?  'cos that would be a pretty bad nerf after so long.

Also, any changes to disintegrate to make removing mine reinforcements off-deed on pve easier?  The current methods seem to involve either dumping or extending a deed or exploiting power meditation spells.

The spell rerolls are, in my eyes, a necessary evil. This is our one opportunity to change the spell lists of the demigods and get them correct. That's not to say they're now perfect. It's also not to say it's better than before, either. It might not be. But at the end of the day, this is the one and only opportunity we have to shift everything into a healthy game state through spell list changes to avoid a situation where a single one becomes the "best" under all circumstances. See Smeagain on the PvP servers as a good example of this. Since this is the time we'll be offering a full faith switch, it's the only proper time to adjust spell lists to ensure balance.

That said, there's no reason the formula cannot be adjusted more than what it already has been. There's also logic behind making special cases for the existing gods and allowing them to retain what makes them unique. To do that, however, we would want a really good reason to do it. So, to anyone who would like to see a spell added or removed from a god list, answer these questions:

Why does the god deserve the spell (or not)? Is it simply because they had it before? Does it allow them to fill a niche where the god would be capable of doing something unique instead of being bland and boring?

What are the pros/cons compared to their base god? One of the major efforts was to balance them closer to the base gods while the base gods obtained unique benefits and spell combinations. Why would you choose X over Y, and why would you choose Y over X? There should never be a case where X is completely better than Y, or vice-versa.

These are going to be some of the more deep conversations to have in the future. Spell list changes are likely to be a hot topic as people play with the changes and see how all the pieces fit together.

In regards to disintegrate, it's actually on the list of things to touch on but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd say about 90-95% of the priest rework "content" is complete. There's still a couple things on the list that still need to be done, and touching on disintegrate would be one of them that we still need to review.

17 hours ago, Kurson said:

This really hurts, if you've already done all the work required for 10k and get the same dmg increase that someone gets for a cast.

Should at least be 40% or 33% + bleeding damage ticks, or something unique

Maybe turn it to a 10% increase but stackable with other damage enchants.

This is regarding the Bloodthirst change to now work identically on Freedom as it does on Epic. There's been a lot of comments directed at this change in specific, and even mention of players selling BT weapons for cheap because of these notes. In fairness, I believe the players are spot on about this, and Bloodthirst loses its identity and edge with the change. We'll have to have a discussion on what else we can do to adjust Bloodthirst to make it more unique. Can't really say what that might be, but don't get too up in arms about it. We hear you on it, we'll work on it, and get back to you when we have a plan.

13 hours ago, Grumpled said:

Changes to LT mean I will most likely spend all day every day cowering behind a fence bandaging myself up. Sounds like not a lot of fun and a whole lot of boring (not to mention embarrassment at dying all the time again, thought I'd grown out of that).

And thanks for the spell list, Oblivionn

It's been mentioned many times before that the LT change integrated with the healing system doesn't have a huge amount of effect. The only suggestion I have is to actually try it before you knock it. Players who aren't being abusive with the system will hardly notice it.

12 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Does this mean the elemental resistances on armor now only apply to weapon enchants (or non-player elemental attacks)?

I also assume the DR from SotG still applies to spells?

This comment is in regards to "damage ignores armour" on spells. By armour, we mean specifically item armour. For example, iron plate, dragonscale, studded leather, etc. I believe your question is whether or not the damage effectiveness on the piece of armour applies, such as casting a cold spell on someone wearing cloth would normally reduce damage taken. The simple answer to that question is that it will just simply ignore the cloth armour being equipped. The wound applied doesn't pass the "armour" itself and instead hits the target. Resistance from tomes, spell effects, and enchants would apply. Damage effectiveness from armour is ignored, as well as glance rate and DR.

SotG still affects spells. Maybe it shouldn't. Probably a topic for discussion.

11 hours ago, madnezz said:

AOE spells should have a chance to interrupt casters in the AOE of an enemy.  Pillars, Tornadoes etc.

AoE spells now deal very small wounds but more frequently. The calculation for interrupt is based on damage taken. Since each damage instance is very low, the calculation almost always favors the player getting attacked and makes it so they don't get interrupted. There's definitely a possibility to add an "interrupt" sequence when the cast initially goes down as a surprise factor for enemies caught off guard. That's something that could be worth investigating and trying out.

11 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

Also about the Changes to Rebirth, does this mean that trolls wont use their own clubs either? if so they will only do kicking and bite attacks, making them rather useless. I agree that armour and weps on trolls was to unbalanced, but I think they should still use their own club after all.

I also think that ressurecting player corpses (based on their skills) should be reworked, maybe increase their damage based on their FS since they wont use weps and armour they will have to use bruise/bite wounds instead with a dmg modifier based on body stats and power of cast.

Coming from someone who has been priest since the first few weeks in wurm and for several years now (been both Fo, mag and Lib) I think that priests having most of their penalties removed kinda makes non-priest players pretty useless, except for crafters improving Tools.

I see how this could turn the table making the crafters the alt and the priests the new main, basically there isnt much holding you back now from not being a priest which will make them way to common and kinda break the immersion abit. But thats just my opinion though.

Yes, resurrecting a troll will prevent it from being able to use its club since it cannot be equipped. There's a chance we could move the items from the corpse onto the resurrected unit instead (it actually makes sense now that I think about it). This would cause the rebirthed unit to drop the gear when it dies. This is something I could definitely see changing in the future, but I'm concerned about abuse cases (rebirthing someone you don't have permission to loot). We'll have to discuss it and see what happens.

In regards to resurrecting players, the code for that is extremely old and has so many safeguards and checks for abuse that it's kind of hard to digest. I think there may be a situation where we could make some adjustments to make it a bit more viable to resurrect enemy combatants or fallen foes on the battlefield. How interesting it would be if a very strong player died in combat, his corpse was taken by an ally, then they resurrected him and had two of him for the next fight. Really curious what type of interesting interactions could happen there.

Finally, the concern about the non-priest players being useless is a bit over-exaggerated, I believe. I don't think it's shifted to "priests are mains and crafters are alts" with the amount we reduced the restrictions by. Instead, I believe that it's shifted to "do I want my priest or non-priest to be my main." There's now a choice - a decision to make - about how you want to play the game. That type of decision is left completely up to the player. If you feel that the restrictions aren't limiting to the point where you'd like to play like that... by all means, do so! That's a good thing! You'll have more tools available to you and perks other players wont have. In my opinion, being able to choose how you play and decide what you're willing to sacrifice for further benefits is just outright better than before. However, that's only my opinion. If you still feel otherwise, go a bit deeper and explain the thought process. I'm interested to hear predictions of how these restrictions being reduced will change the atmosphere of the game.

8 hours ago, Deathangel said:

[oakshell] Can now only be cast on players on PvP servers.

could use clarification on what this means

Yikes. Sorry about that phrasing. Sometimes I write notes quickly and don't articulate the change properly. As a clarification: Oakshell can still be cast on players and creatures on PvE servers. However, on PvP servers, you can no longer cast on creatures (horses etc). Hopefully that helps with the understanding of the change.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

After looking over the groups of spells, I'm disappointed in a few things:

1.  Fo has no damage spells, no AoE damage spells (not one!), no demise enchants of any kind... and his only compensation for that is now being the only priest that can still cast Light of Fo.

2.  Vynora is still lacking for PvP.  While yes, her spells are buffed in damage, so is every other religion.  Being a nerfed king of enchants is no excuse to be disallowed the ability to contribute in PvP.

3.  Can we please.... please.... reroll the useless priest improve bonus into something that is actually useful?

4.  Explain why Mag needs a healing spell but Vynora does not.  Anybody.

Well, I guess this all boils back down to how the gods are viewed.

1. Fo is considered a healer, and not a main damage threat. Venom has been changed to make it more viable not as a "damage" increase but instead as a different style of utility that could be useful in certain situations. This is because armour has no effectiveness, DR, or glance rate versus poison type wounds. Venom is now essentially the Wurm equivalent of "true" or "chaos" damage.
  2. Vynora is considered an enchanter. However, it was also balanced around being the highest top-end nuker in the game too. Her spells have the largest power scaling based on cast power. High channeling vynora priests will do more damage per spell cast than Magranon and Libila priests. This sets her into a unique role where she can be a useful backline nuker, supports with buffs such as Excel, yet doesn't heal. Then she's also extremely good in PvE and outside of combat. It's not going to float everyone's boat, but calling her useless in PvP is shortsighted. She also is the only god with two AoE nukes on separate cooldowns. Play around with her spells on the test server. Nuke some people and see how she really feels.
  3. The improve bonus is just a leftover from extremely old code. I'm not sure why it's there, but it is. Maybe we could do something more useful with it such as reduce the faith requirement to non-priests? Not sure here, would be something to discuss.
  4. Magranon was set to be the primary combat god against Libila. Since Libila received significant changes with Scorn of Libila and Essence Drain being applied, Magranon was left with no in-combat sustain. The decision was made to apply a healing spell with a significant downside (trading your favor and stamina for health). Players familiar with combat should know that stamina is crucial during combat and trading it for health can sometimes be worse than leaving your health as-is. That said, I don't personally have any issues with applying some form of healing spell to Vynora. Just not sure what that might look like.

-----

That covers all the comments so far that I wanted to address directly. Keep posting your thoughts and discussing the changes. I'm personally checking in every few hours to see what else was posted and the team is also looking through the thread. Huge thanks to the people posting up spell lists and spreadsheets with comparisons (see @Oblivionnreaverimgur album here and @Wargasmspreadsheet here) I was going to post up all the spell lists once it went to public testing but unfortunately I got hit by a storm. So again, thanks for taking up the slack and making the effort to inform the community.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Annyil said:

Is it intended?

[00:02:23] You are now a priest of Fo.
[00:02:32] You start to cast Cleanse.
[00:03:01] You cast Cleanse.
[00:03:01] Success Cost:26.0, Power:43.54327392578125, SpeedMod:0, Bonus:-47.0
[00:03:01] An invigorating energy flows through you into the ground and reaches the roots of plants and trees.
[00:03:01] The domain of another deity or settlement protects this area.

If cast Cleanse available in domain of Fo only, this spell isn't very useful.

Thats how its always been for Lib, dont see how it should be diffrent for any other god, when any of the other gods domain is stronger then Libilas then we cant cast fungus either.

Its a rather good thing if you ask me, brings more reason for Fo to be a favourable domain out in the wilds :)

51 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Yes, resurrecting a troll will prevent it from being able to use its club since it cannot be equipped. There's a chance we could move the items from the corpse onto the resurrected unit instead (it actually makes sense now that I think about it). This would cause the rebirthed unit to drop the gear when it dies. This is something I could definitely see changing in the future, but I'm concerned about abuse cases (rebirthing someone you don't have permission to loot). We'll have to discuss it and see what happens.

In regards to resurrecting players, the code for that is extremely old and has so many safeguards and checks for abuse that it's kind of hard to digest. I think there may be a situation where we could make some adjustments to make it a bit more viable to resurrect enemy combatants or fallen foes on the battlefield. How interesting it would be if a very strong player died in combat, his corpse was taken by an ally, then they resurrected him and had two of him for the next fight. Really curious what type of interesting interactions could happen there.

Finally, the concern about the non-priest players being useless is a bit over-exaggerated, I believe. I don't think it's shifted to "priests are mains and crafters are alts" with the amount we reduced the restrictions by. Instead, I believe that it's shifted to "do I want my priest or non-priest to be my main." There's now a choice - a decision to make - about how you want to play the game. That type of decision is left completely up to the player. If you feel that the restrictions aren't limiting to the point where you'd like to play like that... by all means, do so! That's a good thing! You'll have more tools available to you and perks other players wont have. In my opinion, being able to choose how you play and decide what you're willing to sacrifice for further benefits is just outright better than before. However, that's only my opinion. If you still feel otherwise, go a bit deeper and explain the thought process. I'm interested to hear predictions of how these restrictions being reduced will change the atmosphere of the game.

Thank you Sindusk, thats a great way to adress the community the way you just did, you diserve a whole jar of cookies for that. 

Regarding "Rebirth" im happy its taken into consideration, I now see better how its easy to abuse the spell, I really dont want it to become a broken spell with abusive pvp gameplay. But at the sametime rebirth is the iconic spell of Libila and it would be great if like you said it could be some kind of interesting interaction with player corpses later on :)

"non-priest players being useless" Gotta have to swallow that one as I was abit harsh in my statement ? I apologize (to all non-priests out there). Its just abit overwhelming from my point of the view, since I have been living with these restrictions for most of my wurm gameplay and gotten used to them. Now being able to build my own house is all of a sudden a luxury that I dont find myself diserving of. I agree this makes you able to choose who you want to main and be more independant as a priest and dont have to live off other players as much anymore.

At the sametime that was kind of what a priest was, it was that person in town who couldnt do much else then live in devotion to their religion/god but in return brought rare enchants or other buffs to the village. 

Abit like the Shaolin monks in the mountains waiting for that farmer to come by offering food in return of a blessing or something ? 

How about they can only continue (building,items and so on) after a certain faith level, after serving under their god for sometime until maybe 70 faith the god lifts the restriction for them as a gift of good faith in their cause. Something like that :) making new priests still in need of a settlement but more serious priests eventually being able to go on their own.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

a healing spell with a significant downside (trading your favor and stamina for health).

I tested that spell significantly tonight with someone actively beating on me while I was spamming it on myself.   I took off my shield and I turned my back to my opponent, who was fully focused and even mixing in special moves.  I out-healed him for a good 10 minutes, never dipping below 80% health, and the stamina loss only seemed to go down by a maximum of 1% per cast, even on casts where I was healing a stacked wound of 13 damage or more.

In a regular fight where I'm targeting him and actually fighting back, maybe 1% stamina is more significant due to stamina loss from blocking, performing special moves etc.... but there was nothing to stop me from chugging about 10 gems to stay alive for 15 minutes while my hypothetical "friends" could ride across the map to kill my would-be assailant.

To be blunt, prolonging PvP engagements is the last thing we need.  There have been numerous complaints about players being too tanky, fights lasting too long, and these reasons led to things like the SoTG nerf from 50% down to 30%, the adjustments to champions being different deities, LoF and heal cooldowns and their respective resistances..... I just don't think it is the right direction.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I tested that spell significantly tonight with someone actively beating on me while I was spamming it on myself.   I took off my shield and I turned my back to my opponent, who was fully focused and even mixing in special moves.  I out-healed him for a good 10 minutes, never dipping below 80% health, and the stamina loss only seemed to go down by a maximum of 1% per cast, even on casts where I was healing a stacked wound of 13 damage or more.

That sounds like it's not working as intended. It should be removing 1% of your stamina per 1% of health healed.

Looked briefly at it and it seems body stamina is affecting it in a weird way. I'll have to look further into it.

• Like 1

Just a quick report! it seems Scorn of Libila isn't applying a healing resistance..? also feeling attuned to monsters doesn't make them friendly at any favour level.
Also Libila still can't farm while other black light deity's can farm, seems a bit unfair to Libila.
And third (this is just a question) does the new acid/frost/fire salves change your glance rates with that weapon? or does it still count as mauling VS glancing for example if a maul is enchanted with fire.
Also... Venom never glances?! sign me up for that!

Edited by Wiolo

8 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Venom has been changed to make it more viable not as a "damage" increase but instead as a different style of utility that could be useful in certain situations. This is because armour has no effectiveness, DR, or glance rate versus poison type wounds. Venom is now essentially the Wurm equivalent of "true" or "chaos" damage.

Thanks for the explanation! I didn't know that. :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Did you guys remember to spawn animals on the test server?

Yesterday GM spawned a bunch of horses and unicorns we had trolls and lava fiend in pens as well to practice dominate

19 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

It's not just unchopped veggies, it all the animal bits we have been using. The tunnels I've worked on have been strongwalled with favor from a mix of spider hearts and troll glands.

This....

Same for me, still a long way to mine and reinforce on the Glasshollow-Linton highway tunnel.

Adding to my list of questions:

Already Asked - Farming for Libila, without this Libila is at a significant disadvantage for the generation of favor due to saccing.

New Question - 1.  With the update, will WL template demigods be attacked by BL guards regardless of their being a BL village member, and vice a versa? If true this will eliminate the current ability to have opposing template demigod players in the opposing template's villages and eliminate the ability to, for example, have a PAA priest in a BL village to cast Nimbleness. As none of the BL template priests can cast nimble, or for that matter lurkers in the deep or lurkers in the woods. NOTE: this may change once GARY is added to the BL template list.

New Question - 2. With the addition of Sleep Bonus to Rite of Death, its to be expected that it will be cast more often. This will cause the spread of mycellium. BL players should have the ability to harvest from trees, shrubs and bushes without the need to absorb the mycellium first from infected tiles. Couple of years ago, the ability to perform forage and botany actions on mycellium was added, but harvesting from trees, shrubs, and bushes was left the way it was. So we have to run through a thorn bush, take a lot of damage, and then go absorb myc from each tile, wait 30 seconds, do it again and again and again. Takes at least 3 times as long per harvesting action. Farmed fields don't have this problem due to cultivating, harvesting and replanting activities.  This would even the playing field between WL & BL homeservers. This severely hampers the ability to complete Personal Goals (for example 5000 wine) as well as Transmutation due to the significantly greater time commitment.

Comment - I haven't fully digested the inability to arm Rebirthed Trolls. On the one hand if charmed and dominated trolls can't be armed it seems like a leveling of the playing field. On the other hand rebirthed creatures only survive 24 hrs, whereas dominated and charmed creatures can be kept literally forever (unless killed). So rebirthed creatures have to be replaced, at minimum, every 24 hours. Only corpses with less than 10 dmg can be rebirthed, so no real storage option. However, in combat, corpses can be rebirthed, but without a weapon is the expenditure of favor worth it? Maybe for a Croc or similiar which retains its teeth.

• Like 1

My main comments will come on the weekend (I spend all day testing games for a living, I can't manage it in the evening too XD) but....

The domain restriction on cleanse makes good sense in PvP, but seems a little pointless in PvE.  It might be worth revoking this on PvE only (and while you're at it, do the same for erupt!)

The healing rework worries me a little (a 20 min cap means that someone could, in theory, grief heal you at rifts so that you don't end up getting healed when you need it most!), but I suspect testing will confirm that it is largely harmless; there is something missing though...  Disease removal; it should really happen again via heal, or possibly via cleanse when cast on another player!  This is mostly useful in PvE for large events such as the community, and dev backed, impalongs.

The lurker in the woods changes are REALLY nice; as are the upgrades to charm animal and Venom (I might actually use this spell now).

29 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

The healing rework worries me a little (a 20 min cap means that someone could, in theory, grief heal you at rifts so that you don't end up getting healed when you need it most)!

Cotton. :3 And from what I've seen the heal debuff lasts about 5 minutes (25% reduced healing) when you heal ~ 80% health which doesn't happen often at rifts since usually your biggest wounds will be ~15-20 damage if you're a bit newer to the game. At 10 minutes the healing is halved. I assume. Which means the player would have to heal 160 health within that period of time to get to 50%. And LoF already has a 2 minute cooldown.
The amount the debuff scales depends on how much healing you receive, not how often you're healed.

Edited by Wiolo

6 hours ago, Wiolo said:

And third (this is just a question) does the new acid/frost/fire salves change your glance rates with that weapon? or does it still count as mauling VS glancing for example if a maul is enchanted with fire.

Oh yes, this would be good to know. :)

• Like 1