Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Priest overhaul testing

Sorry to spam, but I keep seeing stuff: :P

Due to the new enchanted rings, PvP priests may want to tune their weapons to their spells to their rings, to maximize damage efficiency, so for example:

- A Mag priest, who has powerful fire attack spells, may want fire damage ring(s) plus Flaming Aura on weapons;

- A Smeagain priest, who has powerful ice attack spells, may want ice damage ring(s) plus Frostbrand on weapons.

I think that's really cool, but it would help tremendously if we could target Dispel to take out FB/FA as needed and replace them. ;)

I also wonder if Soul Strength being DR for spells means any priest who can't mine will be at a serious grinding disadvantage.

• Like 1

AOE spells should have a chance to interrupt casters in the AOE of an enemy.  Pillars, Tornadoes etc.

Edited by madnezz

58 minutes ago, Grumpysmith said:
  1. Is there a reason why Libila is still banned from farming? All of the other priests can Farm and Now they can all mine. Libila is the only priest who can't Farm or Garden. Or, is it simply that she is the Goddess of Destruction and it would be unseemly for her to grow things? It severely limits her ability to produce items for Saccing.

Like you said this wouldnt fit her "dont touch the ground and let everything die and decay view" but maybe we could fix this in another way? Could we get a new saccable like ores/shards or something else instead?

I really enjoy to see changes to priests finally but I believe Libilas passives still arent very pvp focused, id still like to lose 1 passive and get a lib version of warrior as a trade off. Magranon and Lib got the same CR 2 bonus, I think lib should get the dmg bonus aswell.

This is something that wouldnt influence the pve servers since Lib is already forbidden there but would be a balance for pvp.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, madnezz said:

AOE spells should have a chance to interrupt casters in the AOE of an enemy.

Looks like Tangleweave may be a very powerful disruptor (cheap, 3-sec cast time), especially coupled with the new big spell notifications.

• Like 2

Also about the Changes to Rebirth, does this mean that trolls wont use their own clubs either? if so they will only do kicking and bite attacks, making them rather useless. I agree that armour and weps on trolls was to unbalanced, but I think they should still use their own club after all.

I also think that ressurecting player corpses (based on their skills) should be reworked, maybe increase their damage based on their FS since they wont use weps and armour they will have to use bruise/bite wounds instead with a dmg modifier based on body stats and power of cast.

Coming from someone who has been priest since the first few weeks in wurm and for several years now (been both Fo, mag and Lib) I think that priests having most of their penalties removed kinda makes non-priest players pretty useless, except for crafters improving Tools.

I see how this could turn the table making the crafters the alt and the priests the new main, basically there isnt much holding you back now from not being a priest which will make them way to common and kinda break the immersion abit. But thats just my opinion though.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nocturnes said:

Coming from someone who has been priest since the first few week into wurm for many years now (been both Fo, mag and Lib) I think that priests having most of their penalties removed kinda makes non-priest players pretty useless, except for crafters improving Tools.

I see how this could turn the table making the crafters the alt and the priests the new main, basically there isnt much holding you back now from not being a priest which will make them way to common and kinda break the immersion abit. But thats just my opinion though.

This what I am wondering about also..

Did I just premium my char for a year and now find I should have done my priest instead ?

But like they said this is just a prelook at what may be...

With Nahjo now being a Fo template, does that mean that my Nahjo priest is going to need to get a Fo statuette instead of his shiny Magranon one?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Certain potions from bloods and similar now have an effect:

• Salve of Frost - Converts damage from a weapon to frost.
  • Salve of Fire - Converts damage from a weapon to fire.
  • Potion of Acid - Converts damage from a weapon to acid.

How does one -get- a Salve of Fire? I don't see it listed on the wiki under any of the unique bloods.

• Like 1

Ok, now I have yet not read it all but what the heck are you on about "lifting restrictions" from Fo  and its demigods (that would be for example NAHJO) on mining, prospecting and tunneling?

In fact, Nahjo priests are great miners since start.

Nahjo needs to become able to dig.

And also: does this mean I don't get double favor from saccing garlics, but have to skill clothmaking on my miner priest?

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

I can't stop smiling, I've already planned out what I'll do with all this. And also! Nahjo is getting a 10% skillgain buff which makes channelling faster if you have the resources for it. Although the resources may be a bit harder to get.

I'm sad about bloodthirst, but because you can convert weapon damage to acid/fire/frostburn means you can do some interesting tactics, on top of using jewellery to buff your weapon damage with the converted fire/acid/frostburn damage.

Edited by Wiolo

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Nahjo needs to become able to dig.

nahjo can dig and mine with the changes. can't sacc unchopped veggies anymore which is lame but chopping veggies is easier than clothmaking

• Like 1

Tosiek gets blessing of the dark and 10% skillgain bonus and alchemy sacrifice. (from what I've seen on the test server so far)

Another thing to be mentioned, priests cannot improve, that is a gigantic penalty, you cannot make your own weapons armour etc, but you can build homes and furniture. I don't think priests will be everywhere from this... maybe.

Edited by Wiolo

please allow when live for a short time to change demise spells on weapons

Just reading through the testing thread, it looks like roaming will be a lot easier with the nolocate/locate resistances and cooldowns! I think having a 'perfect' compass toward enemies was a big issue before. there should be some guess-work and skill required in tracking someone down. not spell/pendulum spam. Now players will have to use some knowledge of the local terrain + occasional hints from locate/pendulum, to track down an enemy. I really like this, because before, it felt like all equipped enemies were heat-seeking missiles even at a distance in a dense forest. " This resistance prevents you from being located by any player until it expires. " - That's great, it prevents a group of 10 enemies/alts from alternating pendulum/locate casts.

other comments:

" Dispel - Now has a difficulty increase based on distance. Does not apply to item dispels. " - that's reasonable.

" Charm Animal - No longer able to be interrupted by taking damage during combat.  " - needed this for a long time.

" Forest Giant Strength - No longer limited to having below 40 body strength. Instead, it now applies a temporary “curve” to Body Strength based on cast power. " - Great, useful for pvp toons now. Also good counter for weakness spell now.

" Fire Pillar - Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Damage per power reduced from 3.0 to 2.75. " - Sounds good on paper, but make sure new players aren't getting completely smoked in pvp from these kind of spells. Armor is their main defense, aside from evading spells.

" Nimbleness - Favor cost reduced from 80 to 60. " - good since this is mandatory for all weapons.

" Life Transfer - Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100. Healing uses the new healing resistance (see above). " - Good, but this should also target highest damage wounds as well if you are tuning it like LoF resistance to healing, instead of random. Would require testing.

" Oakshell now reduces mounted movement speed across all servers instead of just Epic. This movement speed penalty has been fixed to apply to hitched creatures as well. " - Very reasonable change that will balance strength for mobility.

" Rebirth - Creatures resurrected using Rebirth can no longer be equipped with gear, unless it is valid equipment (such as saddles, horse shoes, etc. on a zombie horse). This removes the ability to equip zombie trolls with weapons and armour. " - Does this mean I can't rebirth Dadd with full loot on him? (scale, etc)

" Tangleweave " - great rework. good counter for 1v1 where enemy is trying to cast "heal" on themselves.

" Venom " - actually viable for certain situations now. Great! Like how the cast power makes a difference in dmg penalty scaling. Not OP insta-kill, decent.

" Web Armour - Added to Magranon. " - good WLvBL balance decision. I don't need a sketchy enemy alt to do this anymore.

*I'm really glad cast power matters more for several different spells now.

*I am glad more on screen messages are displayed. Adds more dynamic to the fight, like needing to chase your enemy some to be aggressive with spell casting.

*I like that new resistance code evens the playing field. It is something independent of body stats. If finely tuned will make some aspects of pvp more even for new accounts, without making older accounts identical to noobs.

*Sounds like small wounds are probably a good way to go now instead of just 2h being the meta - since 2h wounds will be healed first in most cases. Both are a good approach now.

*I really like the rework of phantasms. REALLY.

*Please make sure worm brains doesn't insta-kill a lower level pvper.

• Like 2

Oakshell - Maximum damage reduction decreased from 80% to 70%. Maximum glance rate decreased from 40% to 33.3%. Can now only be cast on players on PvP servers.

My Fo priest is using oakshell daily on herself on pve, cant think of a good reason why that should be limited to pvp. Even less as the damage reduction is decreased.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renate said:

My Fo priest is using oakshell daily on herself on pve, cant think of a good reason why that should be limited to pvp. Even less as the damage reduction is decreased.

Pretty sure that reads as you can't oakshell animals on pvp servers, not that the spell is limited to pvp

10 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Pretty sure that reads as you can't oakshell animals on pvp servers, not that the spell is limited to pvp

[oakshell] Can now only be cast on players on PvP servers.

could use clarification on what this means

• Like 1

Ok Somebody just crashed test ..

As a mag priest inferno should not piss off the mob until its hit , not enough time for spell to finish casting before  you get interrupted.

Unless there is a skill that will lower being interrupted by the mob..

Strongwall timer needs to be reduced 3 minutes on pve is nuts still.

Mole sense should show direction of ore vein .

Heal for mag is just perfect other then it should let you cast it on your bar , and not have to open paper doll same as if you are healing another player setup.

I am doing this at 70 skills and 50 stats only for players that are not gimped ..

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

nahjo can dig and mine with the changes. can't sacc unchopped veggies anymore which is lame but chopping veggies is easier than clothmaking

It's not just unchopped veggies, it all the animal bits we have been using. The tunnels I've worked on have been strongwalled with favor from a mix of spider hearts and troll glands.

Had a very short test with Tangleweave in a fight, I REALLY like it - it seems to be quite a different game in 1v1 with it.

I've tried Mag spellset and now Fireheart is quite pretty too.

Many changes were really needed - I'll be curious about the various possible setups of fire/acid/cold ...

• Like 1

A possible issue (but Baphomet is PVP server so maybe all is good) that in a spar I could kill my opponent easy with a Fireheart spell.

• Like 1

Life transfer has already been nerfed once, why do it again to the point it is no longer feasible to use, if I have to start lugging wads of cotton around while I am out hunting I can see myself doing a whole lot less of this, make sure wurm is less enjoyable because you wouldn't want stop the decline in the player base. Keep up the good work on that one.

Bloodthirst has been my main spell on my weapons for some time now, are you going to offer a service to swap out this spell for another one on each of my BT weapons? I don't see why I should have to risk having my weapons recast.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Deathangel said:

" Life Transfer - Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100. Healing uses the new healing resistance (see above). " - Good, but this should also target highest damage wounds as well if you are tuning it like LoF resistance to healing, instead of random. Would require testing.

Agreed.

22 minutes ago, Deathangel said:

[oakshell] Can now only be cast on players on PvP servers.

could use clarification on what this means

[07:58:26] You start to cast 'Oakshell' on yourself.

[07:58:56] You cannot cast Oakshell on an old scorpion

• Like 2