Sign in to follow this  
Malena

Instantly destroy walls/roofs/floors/fences on deeded land or as mayor

I did a little search to see whether this exact suggestion had been made in recent times, but the last post like this was in 2015, so I'll make a new one.

Basically, I feel that it is completely illogical for me to spend half an hour, slowly bashing away a single high QL stone wall on my OWN deed, when I could actually demolish the entire house in one go through the house management tools. Surely this cannot be right that to make large alterations to my house, I'm actually better off demolishing the whole thing and starting from scratch?

As if that was not already painful, add to that, the toils of ruining my tools and having to keep on repairing and improving them, just to get that one wall down.

Surely one of the perks of owning a deed should be the ability to instantly take down walls, roofs, floors and fences if we so wish? From what I've understood, it is already faster than non-deeded houses, however it's not enough. That scenario above was what I just experienced trying to take down a couple of stone walls. 

It left me frustrated and very discouraged to modify my buildings. This means that once my deed is fully built, I will not be motivated to make any changes and things will get stagnant. Surely we want people paying for the game to feel the joys and freedoms of being creative on their deed and continuing to do so, even after everything is built up. 

Imagine how much more motivated people would also be to actually pay for a deed vs being a free player if they knew that they could instantly destroy stuff as well.

• Like 7

Right now its tied up  on the ql of the tool and your body strength,I for one can bash any wall in one to three hits with a 90ql tool and my 65 body strength skill.But that is not the case for everyone and I do agree with Malena,it should be changed to work as a house works or modify the dmg you do even with lower tools and skills atleast.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonydowy said:

Right now its tied up  on the ql of the tool and your body strength,I for one can bash any wall in one to three hits with a 90ql tool and my 65 body strength skill.But that is not the case for everyone and I do agree with Malena,it should be changed to work as a house works or modify the dmg you do even with lower tools and skills atleast.

It certainly sounds much more convenient for you. But like you say, this is not going to be the experience for everyone. For folks who are completely new to the game and making their first deed, they will be making lots of mistakes when they first start out. Imagine the demotivation for players like that - the very people we would want to keep motivated during that crucial "honeymoon" period.

And then players like me, people are have already been in the game for years. I for instance have very high masonary and carpenting skills, so I happen to build high QL walls and fences. However I have crap skills in weaponsmithing or blacksmithy in general because those were things I just did not happen to get into much. So the only way for me to get a tool like what you describe is to seeks out someone who would sell one to me, and I'm sure they would not come cheap either. 

Again I have to wonder, how can it be possible or realistic for me to demolish an entire stone, multilevel castle in a single second and yet taking down 1 wall is pure torture?

• Like 2

Makes sense, +1, though with one caveat ^_^

Need to make sure walls aren't blown up by mistake.  Not a fan of confirmation boxes, so maybe require something like a crow bar?  A tool that isn't often used so the player has to be deliberate in activating it.

• Like 3

Good points you make here Malena about this process discouraging changes made on deeds. Yes, this should be at least a Mayor's option to destroy these items in one hit with any tool. A minimal timer of say 15 seconds could be added to prevent unintended removals. Remember too that the Mayor needs 21 body strength to destroy anything which can be a problem for newer players and alt mayors. So I think there should be an option for the Mayor to give this same advanced bashing option to others (citizens/allies) as well.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Need to make sure walls aren't blown up by mistake.  Not a fan of confirmation boxes, so maybe require something like a crow bar?  A tool that isn't often used so the player has to be deliberate in activating it.

Crowbar? Love it! And yes, very much agreed that we don't want to create a new problem here. So I really like your idea of having a special tool for this that has full intention for the action!

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

Good points you make here Malena about this process discouraging changes made on deeds. Yes, this should be at least a Mayor's option to destroy these items in one hit with any tool. A minimal timer of say 15 seconds could be added to prevent unintended removals. Remember too that the Mayor needs 21 body strength to destroy anything which can be a problem for newer players and alt mayors. So I think there should be an option for the Mayor to give this same advanced bashing option to others (citizens/allies) as well.

=Ayes=

Oh yes! Very good point about the minimal strength thing is as well! Forgot about that actually! So even more reason to look at this issue. 

A lot of mayors are alts, who do not have the body strength to bash walls, not sure how this would be a great change. For alts/mains that do, its 1 hit to remove walls and fences anyways, unless you are using a troll club with 60 damage and under 30 body stats.

+1

took me a long time to destroy the old waterdeep castle on Pristine. Unnecessary and no fun at all. 

-1 you shouldnt be able to demolish houses either, use a catapult, they exist for that purpose

+1

As a mayor on my deed I should be able to puff any fence I want, especially when I can puff houses already.

21 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Crow bar on wood fences? Could be fun to give a chance at horribly low ql planks or wood scraps. #FencesFuelForges

• Like 1

+1

Extra +1 because ideas -1'd by the two usual suggestions' trolls are usually the best ones.

7 hours ago, Gladiator said:

-1 you shouldnt be able to demolish houses either, use a catapult, they exist for that purpose

6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

I -1 your -1's and +1 this post ?