Sign in to follow this  
Chucksta

Tower Guards Cannot Attack Creatures In A Mine

I tend to use the guards to help clear out anything that gets into the nearby mine, but they don't seem to be able to enter to be able to attack the creatures anymore, and I can't seem to get the creatures to leave the mine by chasing me.

https://imgur.com/a/yPFEq9i

In the image the guards walk in the air, taking an aggressive stance, but they will soon lose aggro, and then walk off.

Edited by Chucksta
originally incorrect

Tower Guards can not enter mines with mine doors on them. This is normally a good thing since once they are a few tiles inside the mine they will not attack anything when called to do so. Then if there is no mine door and most of them wander inside they won't come out again when you call them to attack something outside the mine. This is why most players will put a mine door on their mine if there is a guard tower close to it to keep the Tower Guards out!

There is sometimes that if they are inside the mine very close to the entrance (1-2 tiles) that they will attack a mob within that same range but this is more of a buggy situation. Likewise the Tower Guards *might* come outside the mine again if you call them to attack a creature nearby, then again they *might* not. To sum it up, you do not want Tower Guards inside your mine as they are not setup to properly attack mobs inside the mine when called and once they are inside they will not exit the mine on their own. Always put a mine door on your mine if you see that any Tower Guards can enter, to keep them out!

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
crossing t's

Thanks, Ayes :)

I guess it must have bugged when it worked before (guards outside attacking creatures within), and I have had them attack creatures that way many times before. And after finishing attacking, one or two of the guards do end up in the mine, lol Which is a pain.

Oh well, I'll just have to keep on as it is. Hoping it bugs when I need the guards to kill something, and hope that none of them decide to go in. 

• Like 1

The way I always think of it is this, when you're inside a mine the tower cannot 'hear' you call for guards, so the only way to get guards to attack mobs in mines is for the player to lure the mob close to mine entrance. If the mine has a door then sometimes, setting the door to allow 'everybody' will allow the mob to exit the mine, or allow the guards to enter the mine, but it doesn't always work.

Basically, guards and mines are a pain, they either go in, and won't come out, or just won't go in, and it's almost impossible to get guards out of the mine once they are in.