Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[Fixed] Horses die after crossing server - they lost cared for status on target server

I have four ebony horses which are branded on every freedom server and also cared for on all the servers by the same toons (been sailed around to all the servers, branded and cared on all).

This lasted very well since the cages were introduced until now when one of these horses suddenly died.

It appeared that ALL four horses lost the cared for status on Release (but still branded), sailing back to Celebration they still have the cared status.

The dead horse was Rafflegrey, venerable and the corpse still had the mark of the brand on Release server.

I dared not to sail ton another server to check the status, I would be really sad to lose more of them.

This is quite a disturbing issue as the venerable horses without the cared for status tend to die within minutes or hours.

Log excerpt of the branding / caring for process on Release.

Spoiler

[01:58:36] 31 other players are online. You are on Release (417 totally in Wurm).

[02:03:09] You enter Patko.

[02:04:10] Jaz starts to unload the creature cage [aged fat Rafflegrey] from the "I need a paintjob".
[02:04:10] Jaz finishes unloading the creature cage [aged fat Rafflegrey] from the "I need a paintjob".
[02:07:09] Jaz prepares to brand the aged fat Rafflegrey.
[02:07:13] Jaz promptly raises his branding iron.
[02:07:14] You now care specially for aged fat Rafflegrey, to ensure longevity. You may care for 0 more creatures.

Lost another horse - was as well cared for on all the servers and as soon as I've unloaded it died without a chance to care again :( Poor Manhard.

4 days and no reactions from devs/GM?

Maybe reword the title of this topic.

Personally I read this cause title didn't seem to fit with the TS.

However topic reveals a serious issue.

Following up the comment from Cecci, I've changed the title to fit more to fit better for today's media standards :P 

Yesterday the repeated Issue happened because 3 of 4 of the branded and cared for horses lost their cared for status and one has died INSTANTLY when was unloaded from the cage - having no chance to care for again.

Edited by Jaz

For now your best bet is to use some age runes on horses that old before crossing them, not sure what the future plans for this are but its a known issue with cared for animals at max age.

Is it happening at last age level of venerable only - so would it work if I use a single rune on these horses and run around the servers to care them again?

Edited by Jaz

@Darklordsls there a chance that the fix today concerning the cared for status at server restarts may have fixed this issue too?

I don't think so, that note was about creatures on server startup being removed from overpopulation checks. Was going to look into being able to care for animals inside the open cage window before unloading just not gotten around to it yet.

• Like 1