Sign in to follow this  
Deathangel

Use crafting window to create bricks within a BSB

Remove some of the wrist-strain from brick making? Basically be able to add pile of shards to crafting window while it is in the BSB still, and your chisel from inventory.

Ideally would also be possible for logs-planks, etc.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I think this would remove a really annoying aspect of material prepping and improve quality of life for wurm players (new and old).

respectfully,

DA

• Like 5

+1 to -anything- removing clicks (/me writes with tired fingers after using two toons to kill veins :( ).

+1

Hate adding, combining, unloading. repeat... could see bsb macro farmers sadly, ruining it for us all.

It would be great if it would get at least as relaxed as mortar making - that 60 actions are already a fun compared to moving around only about the third - even with decent body strength - when creating bricks.

Could it work similar to bulk -> bulk transfer method combined with the mechanic used at leveling (so body strength accounts for actions per time unit AND stamina/skill/tool ql to define the max timer length before stamina runs out)? That way the user interaction is still required and better developed toons / tools help with it.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Maybe not directly from BSB, but allowing us to drop 64 shards on the ground, combine them there and chisel away at that pile would greatly equalize brick making with other actions that can be done ad nauseum with a single preparation step. (Like pressing reed into papyrus, you can do that forever starting from a single stack.)

And in line with your second sentence, this means generally allowing out-of-inventory materials to be added to the crafting window. I don't know how feasible the option to have it directly from the BSB is codewise, but I can already smell some resistance to that because of how it massively reduces all bulk crafting to a single click and occasional drag. (Though personally I don't see a huge reason how it has any right to be more than that, but that's a can of worms that I'm not gonna open here.)

Simply allowing to craft with materials not in your inventory or a BSB might be a good compromise, just to alleviate the pain of making heavier bulk and making it more in line with "light bulk" without affecting everything else.

+1 maybe implement a crafting station, that can be added to crafting window, to hold more mats so it's not dependent on strength and you still have to move stuff around once in a while to sorta prevent macroing. I know I saw this suggestion before.

Sounds a little bit too easy to have 10 free alts chipping away at bricks as you tab through'em all.

-1 from me. But I do like the idea of  chipping away at a combined hunk on the ground or in a wagon or something.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:21 PM, Hailene said:

Sounds a little bit too easy to have 10 free alts chipping away at bricks as you tab through'em all.

-1 from me. But I do like the idea of  chipping away at a combined hunk on the ground or in a wagon or something.

You can already do this if you are good.

11 hours ago, Deathangel said:

You can already do this if you are good.

You gotta do some extra dragging, selecting, and combining. The amount of effort would be considerably more than just tabbing and clicking on the crafting menu button.