Sign in to follow this  
Dracaa

Kappa's First Lunar Festival (lunalong)

2lJaBIy.jpg

Greetings friends, I would like to cordially invite you all to the first Luna-a-long.  Hosted by Dracaa (myself) on my deed named Kappa, on the Xanadu server, at coordinate Q-15.  This is my first time hosting an impalong. I've been working on this for over a year now. With work in real life only slowing me down. I'm proud to say though, my impalong is almost ready.  It will be this November 11th to the 17th. I hope to have the maze finished and ready to explore, there will be a few small events, and all the imping madness you've come to expect from events like this.  

Spoiler
So why name kappa? 
The name Kappa has a history though I don't know all of it in this game.  It means a few things to me however, Kappa is a creature in another game i played before Wurm called "Harvest Moon".  In that game you give Kappa a cucumber it comes out and thanks you. Some say Kappa is a demon and I have had a few people tell me its a Greek liter but to me, it's my Wurm home I bought from another player who later became a great friend. I have become good friends with all my neighbors. 

Why a Lunar Festival?
In real life, I love the moon ever since I was a little girl. In Wurm there are few moons each one special in its own right. In Harvest Moon, there are seasonal festivals every month and one of my favorites was the lunar festival. So instead of linking it with Halloween,  or Christmas, and since it happens in November, in the USA we have Thanksgiving, but all those holidays get a lot of stuff for them anyway. My dear friend Leander and i were brainstorming one night and he said something about the moon or create something individual and this is what we got. I love it too. And hope you all love it too.

But what is a Luna-a-long?   

The simple answer is its an Impalong. "but I'm new to Wurm, what is an imp-a-long?" you say, well my friend Shrimpiie defines it perfectly.

he explains it as "A community event that's hosted on someone's deed, where crafters and priests from across Wurm join together to improve/enchant others gear for free. In addition to the imping/enchanting, there are various other things such as games and events, prize giveaways, contests, and sometimes even GM's drop in to spawn a few mobs on unsuspecting Impalong-goers."

Rules 

Spoiler
   Item Placement:
  • Rename your items with your name before placing them into improvement/casting coffins or forges!
  • Please be sure to place your item in the right coffin or forge.
  • Pick up your finished item as soon as possible to make space for new items.
  • If space is running short, Impalong staff will move finished items to "Overflow" shelves. If placed there you will need to contact Impalong staff in order to get your items.

Improvements/Enchanting:
  • Items will be improved to 70ql at the discretion of the of the imper. If you want higher you can pm the imper and ask as long there isn't a backlog of items to be imped.
  • Only items that are 70ql+ will be enchanted on, or if named to be a skiller items.
  • Place your items into the coffin labeled with the enchantment you want. You have to move them to the next coffin if you want another enchantment on them.
  • Getting your items enchanted is at your own risk! Items can break in the process of being enchanted.

Other:
  • Do NOT being a dozen items of the same type to get improved/enchanted.
  • You can bring a quiver of arrows or 4 horseshoes to be improved/enchanted.
  • Do NOT sell items that you've gotten improved/enchanted here. If we hear you have done that you won't be welcome the next year impalong.
  • Please turn off your personal light-sources like lanterns or torches! It helps with the lag for everyone else.
  • If you have any issues contact Dracaa in-game or on the forums.

The Entrance

the entrance to the canal is at Q-14 on the coast on Xanadu, Kappa is on the southern shore of the inland lake.

9sTnSyB.jpg

Spoiler

the map location on Xanadu

bPqhkE0.png

the close up

xn04YIc.png

what u see as u approach

BpSIl6T.jpg

the canal entrance

hKPhp4t.jpg

I'm building an underground harbor, hopefully, will be mostly done for the event

zOHc8s2.jpg

the Beer Garden

SyHEuYE.jpg

the mine exit to the main deed

tuXZ2zn.jpg

the outside the exit

5A0cmra.jpg

The Deed  

Kappa is a lovely lakeside deed very well equipped to handle many participants there are merchants, hotel rooms, a cathedral for sermons, direct sea access via a canal.  the impalong building is a three-story building with plenty of equipment and containers full of mats ready to help your imping.

7QTa09o.jpg

Spoiler

the deed token house

lfb5k1L.jpg

the surface inn

AHVMsV0.jpg

the rental stalls

JKm9ZxU.jpg

the pits

FSDsTI8.jpg

the chapel

giiqrPx.jpg

The Imping Facilities 

A quaint three-story building filled to bursting with forges, kilns, alters, coffins, and other storage units for priest and participants alike.

fCTjQkm.jpg

Spoiler

first floor

9qXQ2cx.jpg

XmHijHa.jpg

CTLWBal.jpg

second floor

i1BrEHR.jpg

4MMiogd.jpg

third floor

vMFk6Oe.jpg

WMgJdZR.jpg

My 1st named mob :D His name was Dracaa's Butler. He served me well but at last he had to go. Got too big for his own good.

6dc936671576d25f5ca0d5673956297a.jpg

Materials on hand

Spoiler
1k bronze lumps 
4k gold lumps 
4k silver lumps 
1k Brass lumps 
4k Steel lumps 
10k Iron lumps 
410 logs
300 marble shards 
1k rock shards 
2k cotton 
1k Clay 
3k cotton strings 
5k woodscraps 
1k Copper Lumps
300 Leather
1285 Tin Lumps
3k Peat
5.9k garlics
3211 Cooked Meats
5k Corn
3k Strings of cloth, cotton
1k Yarn Wool
1k Square pieces of cotton
150 Square pieces of wool
Many small amounts of dyes
50k chopped Veggies

Materials still needed

Spoiler
donations are welcome

Events

Spoiler
1st Fishing Contest - Winner Zeeph
2nd Fishing Contest - Winner Eldurian
3rd Fishing Contest - Winner Hoseph
Nov 14th
Fashion Show
Hosted By Emoo
Judge By Emoo, Retro, and Punishlife
Winner - Helica
5pm USA Eastern time the MAZE well be opened
1st Winner - Schnu
2nd Winner - Zeeph
The Maze is open for all to have fun at.

Staff

Spoiler

Dracaa - Mayor & Host

Leander - Assistant Host

Aroma - Assistant Host and Cook

Ammar - Assistant Host

Pictures

Spoiler

Spoiler
1sr Day Cool Stuff

yoM39Fu.jpg
4suhUQZ.jpg
BIf23Zk.jpg
wOTYD0T.jpg
yyWitgc.jpg
T4rf7p9.jpg
Nq39yGy.jpg
IxMFivE.jpglq8NjNM.jpgwL0atpU.jpg

Fishing Contest Day 2
Spoiler

9xgug1V.jpg

zPQ7XWb.jpg

vtz087b.jpg

Fashion Show Day 4
Spoiler

cCJQD2L.jpg

x3BmCC6.jpg

EJHEG3J.jpg

MqLtpXT.jpg

FjAOwF5.jpg

mXZHxsz.jpg

mOeOoRG.jpg

kBDTAFb.jpg

xbPZqgy.jpg

OmY59Cb.jpg

wplNaQs.jpg

PypEtmK.jpg

IfDKELE.jpg

vidvs41.jpg

kyalYD0.jpg

20aBLiY.jpg

6dXBs1i.jpg

Ut1ZkUS.jpg

jZjkiSX.jpg

DTvqoHj.jpg

50FNcSp.jpg

2V9idZy.jpg

rsylgnZ.jpg

uq7Ujmy.jpg

XorjoII.jpg

RoribZQ.jpg

TnSQPSb.jpg

KFO02Xa.jpg

wTR6USn.jpg

vGP04al.jpg

MccGwCG.jpg

V71SD6K.jpg

g3tpKP0.jpg

jMqkT9e.jpg

MFSqsLU.jpg

vHMQlxf.jpg

D9xQADw.jpg

Enki Encounter

Idunn Fun

Maze Winners

Spoiler

Schnu

ySbz3dW.jpg

Zeeph

27u4vuL.jpg

Enki Encounter

Spoiler

O21q50b.jpg

VIo0wUq.jpg

PP4Yse5.jpg

mOCBgds.jpg

zpnsQfV.jpg

eZrtTJz.jpg

vynzow1.jpg

W1LXwf5.jpg

dAWN8WI.jpg

OmJjon3.jpg

evpRpa6.jpg

wvAhzNV.jpg

Idunn Fun Time

Spoiler

xCb1pRF.jpg

Tiduzz came on and said guess who couldnt sleep oops lol

YftOYv5.jpg

Dragonhead working so hard that he to was made of fire

QTlEb4j.jpg

Aroma trying to take a pic of me

IHFV1EA.jpg

y4pek79.jpg

NVM9w3o.jpg

oacPDs9.jpg

jLZueo6.jpg

WUsLyyu.jpg

bMBpDKw.jpg

Enough of me ...

ha8WUro.jpg

IdJRAcL.jpg

Me trying to get everyone in line for group photo

El7EK5v.jpg

TPs1OvC.jpg

PBcqRRp.jpg

Our group photo before a great battle in the Coliseum

jkINSRk.jpg

Welcome back Enki
Spoiler

mIcmtc8.jpg

9vHBgnO.jpg

trrr6CG.jpg

ElvAjfx.jpg

lx1cq6Y.jpg

nIQJYqS.jpg

lUAD3IP.jpg

myM7llL.jpg

Final Hours

Spoiler

iwcuAc0.jpg

n0KkGdO.jpg

gLIAnDV.jpg

Tiduzz's Heart on display

9f2HVTi.jpg

rKUIH3h.jpg

gw42Z3O.jpg

lmdYjnX.jpg

nfBsvoI.jpg

XEEZpaS.jpg

GpPaCJA.jpg

ncGknzd.jpg

x7zKuRl.jpg

bPdmxzD.jpg

ndCvV79.jpg

thanks for the love guys :D

sQdr6S4.jpg

Q6N0uFt.jpg

The Grand Firework Show
Spoiler

UeJivEB.jpg

GoChsCW.jpg

KRr8vtR.jpg

b8cwn0U.jpg

enyyTLg.jpg

EBatqbk.jpg

waxhroS.jpg

zibdFXT.jpg

Thanks for all you came!!!

13mTwEK.jpg

Donations

Spoiler

Acrhaed - Sampler of Dyes

Ternesjach - Tin Lumps x285

Pandylynn & Galigan - Strings of cloth, cotton x3k - Yarn Wool x1k - Square pieces of cotton 1k - Square pieces of wool x150

Ekcin - Tin Lumps x300

Shrimpii - Copper Lumps x1k - Chopped Veggies x50k - Rare Bee Smoker, iron x2 - Rare Saw, iron - Star Emerald - Rare Small Metal Shiels, iron - Rare Hammer, iron - Left layered shoulder pad, steel - Rare stone Chisel, iron - Rare green common wool hat - Soft cap, cotton - Rare Opal - Rare compass, brass - Dog Pelt - Samll Maul, Lead with a steel rune of jackal, with a copper rune of vyn, and with a brass rune of mag - Rare butchering knife, lead with seryll rune of fo and with a seryll rune of libila - Tin Lumps x700

Ammar - Peat x3k - Leather x300 - Logs x300

Snarkin - Rare Large Cart - Rare Forge - Rare Food Storage Bin - Cooked Meat x3211 - Garlics x2900 - Root Beer 2.45kg - Wort with Sassafras 14.70kg - Red Wine 23.60kg - Moonshine 8.11kg

Zethreal - 18 fallen tree = 110 logs - Garlics x3k - Corn x5k

Velvetsun - Pale mask, pottery x3 - Pale mask, pottery with brass rune of mag- Mask of the isles, pottery x2 - Rare file, iron - Rare hammer, iron with tin rune of vyn and seryll rune of jackal - Mask of the ravager, leather x3 - Mask of the enlightened, leather With copper rune of mag - Mask of the enlightened, leather x3 - Mask of the shadow, leather x4 - Rare hatchet, iron with zinc rune of libila and steel rune of vyn - Rare scissors, iron - Rare butchering knife, iron with coc 60 - Rare pickaxe, iron with lead rune of mag- Rare carving knife, iron

Edited by Dracaa
added more info
  • Like 12

this was intended to be in the original post giving a little history of my deed and festival

So why name kappa? 
The name Kappa has a history though I don't know all of it in this game.  It means a few things to me however, Kappa is a creature in another game i played before wurm called "Harvest Moon".  In that game you give Kappa a cucumber it comes out and thanks you. Some say Kappa is a demon and I have had a few people tell me its a greek liter but to me, it's my wurm home I bought from another player who later became a great friend. I have become good friends with all my neighbors. 

Why a Lunar Festival?
In real life, I love the moon ever since I was a little girl. in Wurm there are few moons each one special in its own right. In Harvest Moon, there are seasonal festivals every month and one of my favorites was the lunar festival. So instead of linking it with Halloween,  or Christmas, and since it happens in november, in the USA we have Thanksgiving, but all those holidays get a lot of stuff for them anyway. My dear friend Leander and i were brainstorming one night and he said something about the moon or create something individual and this what we got. i love too. and hope you all love it too.
  • Like 2

70ql or higher please and thank you.

Edited by Dracaa
added more info

Interesting how this starts on the day the NEXALong ends.
Count me in. I can do BS and Carp.

Edited by Benie

C O M I C   S A N S 

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 1

Two questions..

Which moon will this be held under?

and secondly...

How many will surv... I mean can I make an appearance?

• Like 6

for the 1st question this be for the newest moon Haven or (in real life the Beaver Moon) lol

and for the 2nd question i would be most honored if you bless us with your appearance.

• Like 1

I will probably swing by on my alt, Moirai, and offer WS/CAS/PAS/SS/BS in the evenings.

If it helps, I can bring in some bulk high QL iron. :)

See you all there! :D

An event in our neck of the woods! I will see about attending. Afraid I don't have much Wurm time lately.

Do not mess with Dracaa's managerial abilities: [08:37:43] Dracaa cuts venerable greenish Dracaa's Butler deadly hard in the right hand and damages it.

• Like 1

Will we see tomorrow? I wish be added to tailor team (cloth tailoring). I may help with others if will needed. :)

Basically in the neighbourhood. Just arrived there and did check-in in the Inn. Can help with tools blacksmithing and carpentry. Nice to have such an event somewhere near this time! :)

id love to help out, but work is crazy atm, i wont have a day off till the 18th ?

Are there any GM's bored. We have willing victims/ i mean volunteers that want to fight something. what can you summon for us >:D

This event looks awesome i am so sad my computer is down right now... please remember me and how much fun i bring to impalongs.. heheh.. take care guys and god speed.. and pray for my computer.. i am repairing it... />salamon...

A huge thanks to Dracaa and those that helped organize and host this! Good times!