Sign in to follow this  
Moshua

Panic Sprint Option

Hello!

I'm a new player and for most of the time i'm falling into the hands of deadly spiders and stealthy wolves.

It's almost impossible to outrun predators like these in a bad terrain or if he have low stamina after carry stuff around.

I know if we drop some things we can walk faster but most of the times we can't do anything because we have already have broken leg, well we are already dead, just need to wait :(

What I suggest is a panic sprint option, active OR passive.

The active would be a key that would allow us to have an adrenaline rush that would make our characters walk at a high speed to outrun the enemy regardless current stamina or carry capacity, with a long cool down between the next use.

The passive option would be for example, if we the hp reach 20% we can have a chance to activate that adrenaline rush make our characters walk at a high speed to outrun the enemy regardless current stamina or carry capacity, with a long cool down between the next use.

EDIT: This skill would automatically disappear after the player would reach a certain level of skill / skills, or after a few days.

I just died, because I was transporting a keel section for my rowing boat and a spider came out of no where, I tried to drop everything, but I was on an area that was not allowed to drop, I had to walk slowly as hell to another place, with only 30% of my hp and almost none stamina. I tried to run to the water after I droped the heavy things, but i had zero stamina, so I ended up between two swords.

The game is so hard to new players already, with all the learning and mistakes, I believe this would help a lot and make the game at least a little more pleasant to play since we are so little and under powered to overcome our enemies.

Thank you for reading!

Moshua.

Edited by Moshua
  • Like 1

I like this idea, but I agree with your edit that it acts only as a noob buff perhaps that wears out once you learn how to drive a cart or ride a horse.

For 'toons with more fighting skill and cart / horse know how, I think it would make the game too easy.

• Like 1

-1 I understand your frustration but believe it or not the survival is part of the game. Enjoy it while you can because it will be gone when you get some skill.

You have to be more prepaired as a new player. Stay close to guard towers, also staying close to water helps because most animals can't swim. Stop when you are half stamina to regenerate. Get a decent armour and weapon if you adventure far from roads. Use a cart for the heavy stuff, drag it if you can't ride yet and stop dragging it when chased so you are light and can run away. Use a tent just in case you do die so you can get back to your stuff faster. Don't get upset when you die, it will happen a lot.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, faty said:

-1 I understand your frustration but believe it or not the survival is part of the game. Enjoy it while you can because it will be gone when you get some skill.

You have to be more prepaired as a new player. Stay close to guard towers, also staying close to water helps because most animals can't swim. Stop when you are half stamina to regenerate. Get a decent armour and weapon if you adventure far from roads. Use a cart for the heavy stuff, drag it if you can't ride yet and stop dragging it when chased so you are light and can run away. Use a tent just in case you do die so you can get back to your stuff faster. Don't get upset when you die, it will happen a lot.

You are correct but we new players do not understand that concept yet.

Of course, more experienced players understand that they need several tools to survive and know what do to. The game is very hardcore in terms of grinding and everything else, people have time to learn how to survive but to do that they need to enjoy the game first and in my opinion getting killed by every predator around, isn't pleasing or running for several minutes to escape hounds and crocodiles and die anyways, because they make no noise, there is nothing to make us aware, its always by surprise, and you only know after you are bruised with limited speed, and this is when the skill would be useful.

I'm not suggesting something to make the game easy or because i'm lazy, I understand the game is hard but... when hard gets in the way of fun :(

This is just and idea, i'm not trying to impose anything and if for some reason its accepted I know the devs would adjust it to the game's difficulty to keep the balance.

Go to youtube and look up

"Farwalker amulets, wurmonline"

Then understand how broken it made the game, especially on pvp servers 

10 hours ago, Cornchips said:

You are talking about an item that was a gift and only a few people have access to, and the effects last 30 seconds.

I'm talking about a different thing if you read it carefully.

I found nothing on youtube anyways.

19 hours ago, Cornchips said:

> 2010 Wurm

> Youtube it

LOL