Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

New Server Hunting Only

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

The regular servers should not become infested with more difficult mobs to satisfy the elitist hunters who are dissatisfied with the lack of challenge and the current number of aggressive mobs roaming the servers. This will only be to the detriment of the far more numerous portion of the playerbase who do not make this the main focus of there game play. Yet they still exhibit little concern for anyone but themselves in endorsing these types of aggressive mob increases and the introduction of even more difficult ones to deal with.

Code could be incorporated for overly aggressive mobs avoid catseyed highways, I have seen this type of code in albion, mind you albion mobs wont chase you to the ends of the earth either, but they do avoid the roads. We have guard towers and templars for deeds, I am fairly sure the servers could handle something a bit tougher.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:41 PM, JakeRivers said:

Code could be incorporated for overly aggressive mobs avoid catseyed highways, I have seen this type of code in albion, mind you albion mobs wont chase you to the ends of the earth either, but they do avoid the roads. We have guard towers and templars for deeds, I am fairly sure the servers could handle something a bit tougher.

I don't think Ayes is suggesting his gaming area be further reduced, relegating players who enjoy a different side of Wurm to nothing but roads and deeds.

On the contrary, avoiding that is precisely his point.

Dungeons and caves have been suggested in the past.  It's generally been shot down with derisive comments about World of Warcraft and such. 

There's a lot of down sides to that approach though.

1. Not instanced, so not simultaneous use by more than one group.
    1. "aw man, it's Friday night and the previous group already wiped out 5 of these dungeons." or "we're already here!  get outta mah dungeon!"  etc.
  2. Not instanced, so limited in geographic scope, and presumably eats up existing real estate.
  3. Not instanced, so limited in variation.  By the third time it's run, people would be bored to tears.  I don't think it would be very easy to wipe and rework like, say, a server with no construction on it.

Instanced dungeons and caves have potential similar to a server.  It's essentially a hunting server on location.  /shrug, why not.

Could even be fun to hold competitions.  Players designing the Dungeon of the Month or some such.

Just plopping down harder mobs and calling it a day would only be reminiscent of the lazy hackjob I mentioned earlier.  Hope they don't do that.

• Like 1

I played a year on chaos where you could be jumped anytime by a valerie mob, this made roaming around hunting very exciting and dangerous. It made guard towers more important if you encountered more than a few at a time, nothing like targeting drake spirits and calling guards on each one to split up a group. Newbies learn to survive this in a pvp environment, I am sure freedomers could cope with it too. 

We don't need the landscape saturated in these, but a few here and there to spice things up would make for an interesting change of pace and not make things too hard to cope with.

We don't need another server that would be under utilized, there is not the player base to support it.

Running into a nogump though on freedom? Priceless, these would build the community as players call out for help in dealing with a rampaging val mob.

And the ones who don't you'd tell them to deal with it as per all your other posts.

• Like 1