Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

New Server Hunting Only

I am in principle against the creation of new servers. The player/server ratio is already below acceptable to have no current servers closed actualy.

Perhaps better to change the destination of a current server (with compensation for the affected inhabitants, speaks for itself).

So who wants to give up there server for this idea ?

Epic ? maybe Release or Pristine would like to ?

Don't think anyone would want to ...

Maybe even Chaos , how many subservers do they have ?

The idea is a good one but it comes down to using a less used server instead and not permit any building at all , only a tent for rez .

No uniques at all , just some harder mobs the farther you go inland ....

rifts are unusual spawning event of creatures.. could easily mix up a lore story about a raid cave, static raid template or rng procedurally generated rooms in a cave network of traps, loot, deaths and loss of skill gear and so on.. to keep it fun

after all is the initial idea just valrei mobs for potions and moonmetal loot, gank the epic mobs, get the loot and go cash it

how is this idea actually fun and not just a loot spitting machine

55 minutes ago, Finnn said:

rifts are unusual spawning event of creatures.. could easily mix up a lore story about a raid cave, static raid template or rng procedurally generated rooms in a cave network of traps, loot, deaths and loss of skill gear and so on.. to keep it fun

after all is the initial idea just valrei mobs for potions and moonmetal loot, gank the epic mobs, get the loot and go cash it

how is this idea actually fun and not just a loot spitting machine

Pretty sure the idea was not to allow the kind of loot you are talking about on such a server. Just a place where players could go to find a challenging hunt and put their skills and gear to the test while exploring a wild wilderness.  No deeds, no pvp just lots and lots of baddies to mess with, and some critters you can't find anywhere else along with some rare things the devs may drop in there to test or reward successful hunters with from time to time.  Dangerous as a single individual, challenging with a group of like minded hunters.

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

The idea is a good one but it comes down to using a less used server instead and not permit any building at all , only a tent for rez .

This; the epiphany and embodiment of someone who doesn't understand absolutely a single square footnote of anything about Wurm as a whole is the normal decision swayer in many suggestions.

How many subservers does Chaos have? 

From this alone is enough to completely discredit any information you have to contribute, agreeing or disagreeing with the mass.

It seems for whatever reason all too often people that 'are' this kind of misinformed always immediately take some kind of aggressive and soccor mom manager seeking tone, and yea, you did too!

• Like 2

And see there you jump to conclusion , it was sarcasime .

No one is willing to lose there server for a hunting only  .

And yes I made mistake its epic that has the 4 different land masses .

Some people think adding a new server for hunting only will pull more people away , I don't think it will .

Only servers that let you build and deed did that  , a pure hunting one wont ..

+1

• Premium only access.
  • No permanent construction at all. 
  • Fast decay on anything dropped, even tents.  Your boat is your refuge.
  • No paving, at all, ever, for any reason.
  • Very fast decaying (like 3 wurm days or less) wooden defense (bashable by baddies):
Spoiler

Schonen-Wikinger_Museum_Foteviken_12.jpg

• Ruins.
  • Maybe some original artwork related such as:
Spoiler

660f36e9e5f1e6b3912ea6615042268f.jpg

• Angry gorillas
Spoiler

uyydtrrfuyfx1.jpg

• Associated cm/gm created archaeology
  • Native champ troll and uber goblin of Libilic helldom fortifications / encampments.
  • Forests of enchanted trees that can't be affected by players.
  • etc. 

And if you can make it to the very center of the map, you must face:

Spoiler

b5f95f73ba210c601de534ca143df284.jpg

The Enki!

pro-tip: bring a barrel of milk.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

+1

• Premium only access.
  • Very fast decaying (like 3 wurm days or less) wooden defense (bashable by baddies):
  Hide contents

• Ruins.
  Hide contents

• Angry gorillas
  Hide contents

uyydtrrfuyfx1.jpg

• Native champ troll and uber goblin of Libilic helldom fortifications / encampments.
  • etc. 

Hide contents

The Enki!

5/7 best suggestion all year

3 hours ago, Reylaark said:

+1

• Premium only access.
  Reveal hidden contents

• Ruins.
  Reveal hidden contents

• Angry gorillas
  Reveal hidden contents

uyydtrrfuyfx1.jpg

• etc. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Enki!

Sweet!

Big  +1 to this suggestion for the suggestion!

21 hours ago, Damascus said:

And see there you jump to conclusion , it was sarcasime .

No one is willing to lose there server for a hunting only  .

And yes I made mistake its epic that has the 4 different land masses .

Some people think adding a new server for hunting only will pull more people away , I don't think it will .

Only servers that let you build and deed did that  , a pure hunting one wont ..

How did I in any algorithm you could come up with 'jump to a conclusion'?

You were wrong and are now writing in the blanks acting like you weren't

You have no sense even debating changes for the game with such little understanding of anything well off for Wurm, because what you are agreeing with is deteriorating the game

When threads like this come up it's so vividly clear of who does and doesn't 'get it'. 

Edited by Cornchips

1 hour ago, Cornchips said:

what you are agreeing with is deteriorating the game

This is referred to as: "Jumping to a Conclusion" because your statement is considered an "Opinion". 

I've got no dog in this fight, just pointing out technicalities. 

22 hours ago, Reylaark said:

+1

• Premium only access.
  Reveal hidden contents

• Ruins.
  Reveal hidden contents

• Angry gorillas
  Hide contents

uyydtrrfuyfx1.jpg

• etc. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Enki!

Nice expansion on the base idea thank you, although I would not want to be the one to find "The Enki" befor it has had its morning coffee.

I have played alot of other mmo's and this is the first one that has the least grouping for fun and to make new friends type of area. Sure Chaos has kingdoms but not the type of content that draws people into the game over and over by meeting new friends that keeps them playing. Although Wurm could use alot more advertising we also need a reason to explore and meet new people other than the trade channel.

Yes living off the land/ and just a tent or boat , no paving or deeds, all make a "home" server a place to return too that is safe the reason to have a server for just hunting and grouping up. No population loss for any server and more reasons to use that dusty old sail boat<s> that you have been collecting. Maybe even sea monsters that damage or destroy boats. Champion Giant Angry Squids anyone?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheShawv said:

Yes living off the land/ and just a tent or boat , no paving or deeds, all make a "home" server a place to return too that is safe the reason to have a server for just hunting and grouping up. No population loss for any server and more reasons to use that dusty old sail boat<s> that you have been collecting. Maybe even sea monsters that damage or destroy boats. Champion Giant Angry Squids anyone?

Liking this idea more and more... Sitting in your boat near the coastline is not even safe. Better come prepared.

How do we move this beyond a mere suggestion?

On 10/22/2018 at 2:25 PM, Damascus said:

Golden valley?

If there is no building, deeding, terraforming, whatsoever, the load on the server shouldn't be too harsh.

5 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

If there is no building, deeding, terraforming, whatsoever, the load on the server shouldn't be too harsh.

There was the suggestion of allowing construction of wooden defenses that decayed rapidly and were bashable by certain baddies, but I could not imagine they would add much to server load as you mentioned.

Edited by Thalius

Hopefully someone on the dev team will read this and take it seriously.

We don't need anymore servers. Go to one of the small servers and hunt.
I got 2 alts to 50fs in a couple of days just hunting on Release.

If you can't find something to hunt then there is either broken code at work or you're not looking hard enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kswords said:

If you can't find something to hunt then there is either broken code at work or you're not looking hard enough.

This suggestion is not about building fight skill or not having anything to hunt. This post is about having a wild, un-tamable, challenging, and adventurous place for skilled hunters and hunting parties to go.

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kswords said:

I don't think the idea is to "get atls to 50fs" or to hunt already existing mobs...it is to give people with high fs the opportunity to hunt different kinds of mobs which will actually present a challenge to their skill, thus curbing the boredom which comes with "oh, another troll, whoopdeedoo".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

I don't think the idea is to "get atls to 50fs" or to hunt already existing mobs...it is to give people with high fs the opportunity to hunt different kinds of mobs which will actually present a challenge to their skill, thus curbing the boredom which comes with "oh, another troll, whoopdeedoo".

this

7 hours ago, Thalius said:

This suggestion is not about building fight skill or not having anything to hunt. This post is about having a wild, un-tamable, challenging, and adventurous place for skilled hunters and hunting parties to go.

I am sorry but it also should be about building fighting skill above 70-80 which is a pain on pve. Also the more difficult mob to kill the better loot should be, at least more meat if nothing else, or some special kind of meat or a chance for some unique new items to motivate people to go on hunting expeditions. If it's only new harder mobs and no gain at all I would just quit using new server and continue hunting on easier mobs for equal gain even better as it would be faster

So far every QoL that people have asked for.. and later devs have implemented... players have yet again whined about.. how the game is way too easy

Thing with demands is..... 'we want easy', than 'oh now it's too easy, I've been spending last 2-3-6-36 months grinding this ONE skill, now I'm OP AF, I am super bored now.. as nobody else did what I did.. and when I want to have fun, oh well I'm at another level now".

Um.... yea..... if you grind to be good at something, the tough stuff becomes easy.. stop whining about it, be thankful your work was worth doing it in the 1st place.

We want challenging, we want ez skill, we want.. MORE QOL to whine later about - sorry but this is what I read, it just gets repeated over and over. Come to your senses if you want fun and challenging keep it that way, to get something you have to give something, if you want challenging prepare to lose a foot or more, we're not talking about challenging here, we're talking about teams to gank op creatures, there's no challenge in super prepared people doing it.

I'm up for a new raid mechanic, similar to rifts or other if that was needed... as we all know rifts and how they work, spawn, happen at random times etc.... sometimes it's hard to go to 1 rift in months, unless you sacrifice a lot IRL to just be there for your own server or travel elsewhere at inconvenient times just to see how rifts are nowdays..

You want challenging, you know who gives you challenges.. ask mr enki to show you a bit of his world, play in the rules of it whatever they are if you dare, you want a challenge.. we could have a ladderboard with points of slayed creatures or participation in that other realm of madness or w/e it's to be called.

• Like 2

I still don't understand why some people are so dead set against something like this being in WO.  Things like this are already in practice on many of the WU servers and are very successful and popular.  One of the nice things about WU is that it has put-the-lie to so many firmly entrenched WO assumptions.  lol.

On the WU servers I've seen where they have areas like what's proposed here, the reality contradicts every argument I've seen against it so far.   It simply has no negative impact whatsoever, but does add a very cool fun factor to the game for those with higher fs who like to fight with a group and meet people. 

And as has been said, arguing that there are not enough people in the game, therefore don't add anything that might increase the fun factor is so counter-intuitive that I hardly know what to say to those folks.  Guess I'll just mosey on back to WU and quit trying to talk sense before my second cup of coffee.  :)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2