Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

New Server Hunting Only

I think a new server could be useful for people who want more and much harder monsters to hunt and be killed by.

Start with a fresh map where there would be no deeds allowed on the entire server. A few reasons for this would be as follows.

1) Nobody could claim/ deed over the best spots.

2) Resetting the server from time to time would be simple, Sail your happy buns off server we are resetting it tomorrow. Done.

3) A place where bears can be bears and eat people too. Make Monsters Alot harder for the grouping up challenges some of us crave.

4) A test bed for new mob types like the ones we have seen on unlimited, Wyverns, Hill giants, nasty poisonous spiders, flocks of ducks < i have heard then but never seem to find one. >

5) If it does not work out, no loss to the community as there would be no permenant residents.

You would be able to plot a course to this server just like any other. A group coudl sail together on a knarr with supplies and tents to respawn at, if deemed needed a tiny starter deed to respawn at or maybe just a token inside of an old rickety fence would do.

Pvp or no PVP, I am going to say no pvp on this one only because it would give everyone a chance to co-mingle and group up even if you are not in the same kingdom on a pvp server and the freedom folks would have the chance to group up with like minded people for a challenging romp thru the woods.

Having a place that is easily re-settable by a dev team to test items beyond the test server or just wonky ideas they would like to try.

List of possible new mobs?

1) Giant poisonous bees

2) Wyverns

3) Hill giants

4) Bats

5) Tunneling critters that make their own tunnels to find you or burrows.

6) Nests of critters where you would find more than just one easy kill, but maybe one easy death.

Ideas or comments please post, add to the want to see critter list, ideas for a server like this?

• Like 7

+1 for a hunting server with semi-uniques hard critters that give nothing but the fun of attacking them (and not a 30s fight.)

maybe also some scarce valrei critters (ie. no 8 champ nogump or drake spirit ready to chew you instantly).

• Like 1

-1 Consolidation of current servers is necessary before the implementation of a new server. Game population is declining at a steady pace too many servers causing wide spaces of nothingness. 

• Like 2

Why would CCAB spend all the effort of creating a new server if they couldn't reap huge cash rewards for the digital-rental land-grab that ensues day 1 of launch? 

No deeds = No new server. 

It's a simple business decision. 

Edited by Trake

We have many servers - but no players. I am hunting on freedom, chaos and epic: - 1

Happy hunting on chaos:

photo_1643172_203757667_o.jpg

8 minutes ago, khatanka said:

We have many servers - but no players. I am hunting on freedom, chaos and epic: - 1

Happy hunting on chaos:

photo_1643172_203757667_o.jpg

You know, this and simmilar suggestions are not just about regular hunting. It's about hunting harder and more chalenching mobs than already exist without devs fearing they will devouring new players....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kochinac said:

You know, this and simmilar suggestions are not just about regular hunting. It's about hunting harder and more chalenching mobs than already exist without devs fearing they will devouring new players....

I fight last day against four lava fiend, but ok - i died. Thats live.

I am hunter over 9 years, you will have a challenge - you find a challenge for you!

photo_4247191_2802032302_o.png

5 hours ago, Xallo said:

Here is the huge thread about it made way-a-back in Jan 29 2013. I have always been kind of ambivalent about it due to my lack of interest in hunting much but the more I think about it, it seems a good idea. It would be a good place to enable some new tougher mobs exclusive to it so that those who push for them being on the regular servers would be satisfied without escalating the more moderate mob harassment on the regular ones. Also being able to sail there from any server and return home would make it pretty much accessible to anyone. This combined with no deeds allowed would not even displace the general population to settle on it. Allow buildings/fences but give them all the most *advanced decay* circumstances possible on the regular servers to eliminate temporary shelters cluttering up the server for too long. Ideally if buildings could only be made of wood and max size of 2x2 it could contribute to the temporary housing situation concept and eliminate the use of masonry on the server so no longer lasting stone houses and fencing available. Perhaps even give some mobs there bashing abilities on fences as well.

A hunting server setup along these lines with a much higher aggressive mob population would then be a good alternative travel destination as well as a meeting place for those so inclined to make use of it. Under these circumstances I don't view it as just "another new server not needed" but rather a tailor made server to serve this hunting purpose. Maybe the aggressive mob population could then be reduced on the regular servers too.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

+1.  I think it would be a nice addition for WO and give people something more to do besides grinding and rifts.

I can't think of a single good reason why not.  A few of the WU servers have islands with harder mobs reachable by portal or boat. Once again, as with a few other things, WU is living proof that things like this absolutely do not ruin the game, they enhance it. 

Two servers that I play on that have this, one has a permanent "rift" island and the other has an island full of valrei mobs and rift mobs. (They recommend not going to that one without at least 3 or 4 people but I know people who go alone too, although very risky, lol).   I know of a few other servers that have things like this. Some even have dungeons, etc.   They're very popular and from all I can tell people really love them. 

I'm always at a loss to understand why anyone would be against something like this being implemented in WO.  They certainly don't have to use it if they don't want to.  Nobody can move there or build so that shoots down the  "thinning the population" argument. And once set up they require minimal maintenance by admins. 

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

+1 only thing i pretty much love about wurm is hunting and it is becoming dull... new harder mobs island could freshen things up a bit.

Not having deeds on a server does not mean no income, income comes from people having deeds on other servers and sticking with Wurm as their game of choice and not leaving because they are bored.

The picture of mobs on Chaos, I laugh, one in a million picture, we can not find enuff mobs to hunt so we sail to Deli to hunt.

A new server with no deeds allowed would be a vacation destination server for fun and return home to live type of situtation. Keeping Wurm alive with out killing off new people and those who do not wish to have their home deeds raided by rampaging hordes of monsters. A common place for those who like grouping up and making new friends while doing so.

Best point for the Devs would be a server that they could try new things, mobs, even rules sets for armor, loot , fighting etc with out disturbing the flow of normal life in Wurm. Test is nice but who really goes to test and has a fully decked out toon to Really test the subject matter?

• Like 4

On 10/12/2018 at 5:35 PM, khatanka said:

I fight last day against four lava fiend, but ok - i died. Thats live.

I am hunter over 9 years, you will have a challenge - you find a challenge for you!

photo_4247191_2802032302_o.png

A sea serpent on land, a dragon, and an avatar at once.

Wurm unlimited is fun, but we're talking about wurm online.

Nice to see a majority like this idea, so how do we get this idea moving forward instead of sitting in the file 13 like it did in 2013?

16 hours ago, TheShawv said:

Nice to see a majority like this idea, so how do we get this idea moving forward instead of sitting in the file 13 like it did in 2013?

> 1 page of some +1's

> Wants to move the idea along.

LOL

+1 to harder mobs

-1 to adding another server as there are way too many, some (Epic) literally have 2 people on average logged in

-1 no sense for me, now we have 7 freedom server and chaos + 4 epic server where is max 10-15 ppl i think with alt and now you want 1 more server ?? There are a lot of servers we need more players not server or  limit the number of servers to 3-4 only.

I see a pattern here in the +1 -1 distribution..... as is norm.

I find it odd most of the negative votes here say we need more players not servers, so let’s not implement something like this.

I can say that the players I have spoken with and play with regularly, including myself, would absolutely love to see something like this in the game. It would be a regular deal to get together the best hunters in Oakheart, along with some aspiring and adventurous newbies that were willing to risk almost certain death, and go off for the weekend to set up a hunting camp on monster island and have fun earning bragging rights as we hunt down the rare and semi unique critters that inhabit the place.

it could be a lot of fun.  You want to get and keep new players?  Give them more stuff like this to do. ?

Just my humble opinion on the matter.

And oh yeah... 

+1 from me. ?

• Like 2