Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

[Bug] Maple sap to syrup cooking issue

88/89QL maple sap from inventory going into oven lit by myself with cauldrons that went from my inventory to the oven randomly pop at 20QL (25QL in rare cauldron) instead of the 99 (or 99.05 in rare cauldron).

And yes, the sap is on me.

Edit : Ownership of the cauldrons seems to get lost when the sap cook to syrup, leading to the 20QL.

Step to reproduce : Get a cauldron on you, fill it with sap, drop it in the oven, wait for it to cook to 99QL, empty it, refill it directly in the oven- 20QL syrupp result.
Get the same cauldron on you again, fill it directly in your inventory, 99 syrup instead

When you partially transfer a liquid to a new container not in your inventory, it has no ownership. This causes the 20QL syrup problem. If you can't rename the sap, you don't have ownership.

For example, if you are holding 100kg of sap and transfer it into a small barrel which can only hold 45kg, that 45kg of sap in the barrel has no ownership.

You can get around this by having the cauldron in your inventory first, transferring the sap into the cauldron then putting the cauldron in the cooker.

aye, lack of rename indeed... so yeah, ownership lost along the way... still worth fixing imho >_>

2017 reports, we are in 2018 and coming in strong toward 2019... maybe it's time to get that one fixed?!

Edited by Odynn

Hah I was wondering why is this happening and is it possible that's so crazy flukes happen, this make sense. +1 to fixing ownership issue, it can be quite annoying

I ruined a few huge barrels of sap to this ownership issue. After that everything goes through my inventory. Even when it comes time to seal the wine barrels, pass it through your inventory before you peg it.

Had the same issue on me, I've ruined the ql of about 1k litres of syrup before I noticed it - and then following the advice from CA Help to cycle it through my inventory worked. I cycled only the fluid but quite sure that it was the same capacity or lower than the cauldron in the oven so the ownership issue was not present there.

Hopefully when creating the actual wine - starting fermenting with woodscrap should not cause an issue (tested successfully on an alt who did nothing just applied the scrap to the wine barrel) as it is the last action that creates a new item (fermenting wine) so the ownership is recognized.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

as it is the last action that creates a new item

ah not always the case, I lost a lot of wine over using old barrels and or just loading them up as they sat on the racks, sealing them just gave the credit to someone else

be safe and pick up and drop each barrel before sealing

• Like 1

Out of 6 cauldrons of 95ql maple sap, each 2nd one cooked up to 20ql maple syrup - thus 3 out of 6 x 64ql useless! bah !

http://6itTaHO.png

Tried picking up the cauldrons, dropping them and picking them up again - still 20ql

Last season I also had some low ql syrup (not 20ql tho!) but managed to mix it up with higher ql to make it usable, but 20ql is pretty useless.

I harvested the sap, put it in the cauldrons, lit the oven, etc, etc - so owner / maker was me throughout.

Edited by Baloo

On 10/12/2018 at 5:42 PM, Darklords said:

Added to the bug list, ill take a look this weekend.

and the bug is still there Darklords - not possible to fix it ?

Oh yes, I also had this issue with a few of my cauldrons today, was wondering why it came out 20ql sharp.