Sign in to follow this  
paterso

Changing max cast power

Hey folks,

I'm currently setting up a modded local server, got it up and running with the default mods of the mod launcher, works nicely.

However I'm trying to change the max cast power of enchants, but I cannot find any reference to it when scouring the server.jar classes. I thought Sindusk's Spellcraft might do it as he does over 200 cast power max, but alas nothing in there either.

Does anyone know what specifically to change to set a new max cast power or where I can find it in the server jar? Unless I've missed it, I cannot see it in any kind of static effects, spells, or deity content.

Edited by paterso

spellcraft.properties

#statuetteTweaks: Allows the QL and rarity of the statuette to have added benefits to spellcasting.
statuetteTweaks=true
# QL will increase the bonus roll, with 1 bonus being equivalent to 1QL increase on the altar of a faith zone. The value below is how much each QL of the statuette adds to the bonus roll.
statuetteQualityBonusMod=1
# Rarity will increase the power of the final cast by the value set, meaning a 90 cast would become a 93 cast if used with a rare statuette adding 3 per rarity level.
statuetteRarityPowerIncrease=3

it doesnt increase cast power directly, but indirectly via ql and rarity of statuette. works pretty nice. my numbers are higher than those though.

1 hour ago, Griffith said:

spellcraft.properties

#statuetteTweaks: Allows the QL and rarity of the statuette to have added benefits to spellcasting.
statuetteTweaks=true
# QL will increase the bonus roll, with 1 bonus being equivalent to 1QL increase on the altar of a faith zone. The value below is how much each QL of the statuette adds to the bonus roll.
statuetteQualityBonusMod=1
# Rarity will increase the power of the final cast by the value set, meaning a 90 cast would become a 93 cast if used with a rare statuette adding 3 per rarity level.
statuetteRarityPowerIncrease=3

it doesnt increase cast power directly, but indirectly via ql and rarity of statuette. works pretty nice. my numbers are higher than those though.

Unless I'm mistaken, won't that still ultimately cap to 104? It's a good workaround but it's obviously possible based on WU servers, though nothing public is available in terms of knowledge as far as I can tell.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:46 PM, paterso said:

Does anyone know what specifically to change to set a new max cast power or where I can find it in the server jar? Unless I've missed it, I cannot see it in any kind of static effects, spells, or deity content.

GMs can get it from Sindusk's Server Tweaks mod.  Way down near the bottom of the properties file.

# gmEnchantAnyItem - Allows GM's to enchant any item with Item -> Enchants menu, even if by default the item cannot be enchanted.
gmEnchantAnyItem=true
# gmUncapEnchants - Allows GM's to use the Item -> Enchants menu to set items above 104. The new max is 999.
gmUncapEnchants=true

Edited by Batta

Normal player enchanting uses the standard skill roll or power roll. We commonly hear about it when talking about mining. This code hardcaps the output roll at 100. The extra 3 or 4 points we see sometimes comes from SpellEffect.improvePower().

I wonder if I'm reading this right because it seems if you have say a 95 power it's impossible to make that be a 104 cast. To get the 103-ish casts you need to have a low power cast, say 10, and then get a 100 power on an improve cast. 5 * ( 1 - current power / 100),  at 20 current that is 4 and at 95 current that is 0.25. meh but that isn't what where doing here.

To make higher power casts possible for player's you'd want to make code for determining what enchant power to use. Leave the skill roll code alone and use your new enchant power number instead of the skill roll one WU tallies.

At a brief glance it might work out well to use Javassist expression editor on the Spell.run() methods (there are multiple) and the target method should be doEffect() where you substitute the new power.