gk35URg.png

Ultima Nostalgia - Katspurr (twitch) Malena (ingame)

Greetings, Wurmians! It’s another fortnight down, and it’s time to share what we’ve been up to as well as recap the archaeology update. But first…

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Changes and Additions:

• New:  Archaeology changes and additions.
    • Wood types have been added to wooden items.
    • New statues have been discovered.
    • Fix for some moonmetal fragments.
    • Tweaked base difficulty for investigating to be a bit easier overall.
    • You can also now get an extra bonus in areas that are considered valuable according to Archaeology, making fragments a bit easier to gain at higher levels in those locations.
    • New: Archaeology caches have been added
    • Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.
      • Using the “Get direction” function on the center tile of that deed will unearth an archaeology cache.
      • Inside the cache will be an assortment of unidentified fragments including a larger percentage of statue fragments and a relic of the former deed.
      • Amount of fragments is determined by archaeology skill and report ql with a minimum of 10.
      • Once unearthed the report will be consumed.
    • Change: Archaeology journal improvements
      • Journals will now hold a number of reports up to the ql of the journal, with a minimum of 22.
      • Placing a piece of paper or papyrus greater than 30ql inside the journal will automatically turn it into a blank report
      • Reports can also now be moved in and out of journals via drag and drop.
      • Tweaked the chances for location info to be recorded in a report to be a bit lower than previously to balance for caches.
    • Some Archaeology statues with solid bases can now have items placed upon them.
  • New: Shoulder pads are now dyeable.
  • Change: Metallic shoulder pads are now able to spawn from rifts as any metal type at a low chance.
  • Change: The Tin Rune of Jackal now correctly uses the spell version of Refresh and cannot be used while moving.

Bug fixes:

• Bugfix: Marble statue of Vynora can now be improved.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few more mission descriptions with items which were too generic.
  • Bugfix: Recipe list now correctly list lunchbox, tin instead of lunchbox, lead.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the improper triggering of the Kill a wild sly creature achievement.
  • Bugfix: Potion of butchery imbue now works properly when butchering a corpse.
  • Bugfix: Fixed watcher text when someone unloads a creature from a cage.

05/OCT/18:

• Potential fix for village caches not showing in some cases

Archaeology work is groundbreaking!
aJhT2r5.png

Last week’s update saw a whole new layer added to archaeology with the introduction of caches. This system provides a greater sense of progression and goals for archaeologists, and we feel it gives the skill a solid end goal. We’re extremely pleased with how it came out, and thrilled to hear such positive feedback about it! 

To recap, archaeology caches are found by collecting reports about old deeds. Once the report has been filled enough, you can use the “get direction” function to locate the token site of the deed. The cache includes more statue pieces as well as increased chances of higher end archaeology items. The cache also includes a memento of the old deed in the form of a miniature version of the old token model. These can come in any metal type, giving players many opportunities for collection.

Speaking of collection, the update also saw a few new statues added to archaeology, as well as smaller statuettes. I like to call these the “Wurmians at Work” collection by Saroman.

The update also introduced the ability for wooden items to be discovered as any wood type, including types that were not previously available, such as lavenderwood:

mOOXc0Y.jpg

New Cloth Armour
A discussion thread about existing coloured cloth armour and dyed armour led to a dev discussion about possible resolutions. The result of this was sitting Saroman down with a needle, a loom, and 300kg of cotton. He came up with a few new pieces for you all to enjoy!

Cloth jacket

7hrdLdI.png

Cloth striped sleeve

gmHISSC.jpg

There's a lot of trust in here, colours that clash make bunnies sad

There will also be a plain white cloth hood, in case you want to roleplay a novice nun.

Public Priest Testing
Public testing on the priest overhaul will begin this weekend! Expect to see it live on test on Sunday server time. We will be providing full notes, discussing our goals, and accepting feedback on the many changes during this round of testing. We know these changes have been long anticipated, and many are excited to see them come to the game. (Yes, there will be a full faith swap option.)

DAS BOOT
i5luOyJ.jpg

To celebrate 500 followers, the dev team got together to come up with an item to recognize Emoo’s success as a streamer for the Valrei Entertainment Network. As such, we decided to create an item that is easily the most recognizable feature of his streams: The Shoey. A supreme drinking shoe was given away on stream, and a fantastic one was given to Emoo as a gift to memorialize his hard work. (I made him cry.)

That’s it for this week! I hope to see you all on test server this Sunday. Until then, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & The Wurm Team

• Like 21

New wood types!

And some new clothes .. will we EVER get some decent trousers and maybe skirts too? :D Nuns don't wear bouffant pants ?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Evening said:

New wood types!

I'm going to have a blueberry caravel since I got a blueberry peg last night.

• Like 1

Oooh they're staying all hushy hushy about the priest update, that makes it more exciting.

• Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.

In some case that location is unaccessible. Is that possible to change where token had been?

• Like 1

I was so happy for the updates that I purchased a full years premium  couple weeks back  .

Thank you Devs . I love it ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A discussion thread about existing coloured cloth armour and dyed armour led to a dev discussion about possible resolutions. The result of this was sitting Saroman down with a needle, a loom, and 300kg of cotton. He came up with a few new pieces for you all to enjoy!

Tisk, tisk. No cloth red bandit mask (similar to the one available in WoW) to fit in the *mask* slot, as "someone" suggested in S&I section. How disappointing...

=Ayes=

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

Tisk, tisk. No cloth red bandit mask (similar to the one available in WoW) to fit in the *mask* slot, as "someone" suggested in S&I section. How disappointing...

=Ayes=

one day we'll be defias bandits ayes one day..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, monsterix said:

In some case that location is unaccessible. Is that possible to change where token had been?

+1 for changing this -  on my present deed, the token is somewhere inside one of my buildings so cannot access that tile

10 hours ago, Rhianna said:

+1 for changing this -  on my present deed, the token is somewhere inside one of my buildings so cannot access that tile

I think that makes it interesting.  How many times in RL do we hear about interesting things being discovered under a building?  Yep, they have to tear them down to dig up the treasure. 

7 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I think that makes it interesting.  How many times in RL do we hear about interesting things being discovered under a building?  Yep, they have to tear them down to dig up the treasure. 

Not to me lol - large castle on top I am NOT tearing that down but very disappointed that this wasn't thought of before implementing the update.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, Retrograde said:

Public Priest Testing
Public testing on the priest overhaul will begin this weekend! Expect to see it live on test on Sunday server time. We will be providing full notes, discussing our goals, and accepting feedback on the many changes during this round of testing. We know these changes have been long anticipated, and many are excited to see them come to the game. (Yes, there will be a full faith swap option.) 

Libila-Priest on freedom too?

:wub::wub::wub:

On 10/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

we have cape slot!

2 hours ago, khatanka said:

Libila-Priest on freedom too? 

:wub::wub::wub:

yes, please i need a Libila colossus

• Like 1

I will help Rhi, tear that castle down, make it a new ruin to explore lol

so uh..... any word on the public testing for the priest overhaul?  Nothing on test yet.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

so uh..... any word on the public testing for the priest overhaul?  Nothing on test yet.

"Expect to see it live on test on Sunday server time"

• Like 1

I will be VERY interested to see a complete summary of all intended changes; the material so far has been most promising.

Looking forward to new cloth stuff as i continue playing once again :).

• Like 1