Sign in to follow this  
Devorn

Ultimate Battle/Event Area Via Portal

So i had this crazy idea. What if we were able to make a Portal to a map that was ultimately a PvP Arena. Would work similar to Epic Portals only inventory and everything stays on transfer. Player inside the arena could Fight and loot each others drops. GMs could even hold events. Toggling ON and OFF PvP in this enclosed area. It would be like maybe 150x150. Hunger Game Style build. Players could watch from the stands around the PvP/Event zone. Or go down into the Zone to actually join the event. GMs could adjust the terrain in this area to fit the event. Some lava tiles and sand traps. Few Water tiles.  Lots of trees. I mean just an idea but i think it be cool it the community could be brought together Via this Portal to a Combat World/Event World. Could be a tiny server, with an enclosed Deed like the GV. Let me get some +1 for this idea.

I mean... Just imagine. The Wurmians all gathered in the arena as GM Enki arrives with Spawning commands. 50 Zombies spawn and players fight to kill them off. When they die they spawn back (out of arena) with no way back in Cuz the doors are locked, Its down the wire. 5 Players left. 10 Zombies. 1 Of the players is a priest and starts healing the remaining 4. But he loses an arm and dies. Finally down to the last man alive. He wins! Gets awarded (some prize). Um.. yes!

> and Please leave the hate out of this conversation. lol

Could even double as a Lobby for players to chat O.O Maybe Global Market system. (maybe not) lol

Ps. Maybe Even put it in GV. So new players will join and See LOTS of players online in local? O.O

Edited by Devorn

Don't remove the sandbox from a sandbox game.

• Like 1

I would love some instanced version or pvp. You can play sandbox as much as you want but me I want to come back from home enter portal fight  a duel or two, or some small team vs team for 15 min, half hour max, not lose fight skill if I loose, maybe get some points if I win, loose them if I loose, that I can redeem later and get back to grinding and imping after that... I would keep gear lootable though so you calculate with what gear you go in and gamble.

1 hour ago, Sn00 said:

Don't remove the sandbox from a sandbox game.

How exactly does adding an Event Arena remove the Sandbox if everything else is still there?

Definition - What does Sandbox mean?

A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish.

A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

Took that definition offline. The game is still sandbox. Adding an Event Arena is no different then the very first deed you start in when you make a characters. Your not allowed to change that.

Its basically adding a GM Event Server that everyone can access via a Portal on their deed. (be it they decide to make one). Which as pointed out by Emoo. Its sorta like the idea of the Challenge Server they had. Only instead of it being Deed-able and so huge. It be more designed around actual events and what not. Themed as a Roman Colosseum so to speak.

Edited by Devorn

1 hour ago, Devorn said:

Instead of featuring segmented areas 

adding a GM Event Server

instead of it being Deed-able

No instances please. They aren't even using the challenge server anyway so what's the point of making a challenge rift server?

• Like 1

An interesting die-version

It might be nice for some folks if they were sometimes able to go somewhere to 'let off steam' and aggression in a controlled environment for a few minutes, dipping in and out with no commitment and with minimal impact on other more peaceable folks.

Whether this should happen in Wurm Online or not I don't know. :) 

Even though I am really in the peaceable folks' camp, I definitely think there might be a few people who would be up for this sort of 'die-version' from the usual grind. A sort of fight-club - although we are not meant to talk about fight club. ;)  

• Like 1

I always like the GM mob killings, sounds like a fortnite battle royal just without the insta building. Like the idea but I could not see this happen being gm dependent, but a chaos island portal for such things would be neat.

I think it would be fantastic, and bring a lot of life to a certain aspect of the game.  In Oakheart we are toying with the idea of some kind of battle arena.  If something like this were in the game, from the feedback I have gotten I think there would a good percentage of the players that would really have a good time with it.  I know a large number from our citizenry would, and some of our members have been in the game for ages.

Big +1 from me!

14 hours ago, Devorn said:

How exactly does adding an Event Arena remove the Sandbox if everything else is still there?

Definition - What does Sandbox mean?

A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish.

A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

Took that definition offline. The game is still sandbox. Adding an Event Arena is no different then the very first deed you start in when you make a characters. Your not allowed to change that.

Its basically adding a GM Event Server that everyone can access via a Portal on their deed. (be it they decide to make one). Which as pointed out by Emoo. Its sorta like the idea of the Challenge Server they had. Only instead of it being Deed-able and so huge. It be more designed around actual events and what not. Themed as a Roman Colosseum so to speak.

1 You want players out in the world, not is some form of hub area

2 : PvP should always be on a PvP server as a kingdom.

3 : PvP should always be full loot and a dangerous and exciting experience.

4 : Also, these things exists as Impalongs, should also stay as impalongs (as community events)

Just thought I’d come back and clarify that I’m less interested in the pvp part of the suggestion and more so interested in the idea of players taking on mobs that are spawned for an occasional arena event.

1 hour ago, Thalius said:

Just thought I’d come back and clarify that I’m less interested in the pvp part of the suggestion and more so interested in the idea of players taking on mobs that are spawned for an occasional arena event.

You mean Impalongs and Rifts?

• Like 2