Sign in to follow this  
MrJay

Cateyeing the East Plains Highway?

I live at 37y 49x (on community map) at Willits. 

I been kicking around the idea of 'highwaying' out the East Plains Highway from Oak Harbor to House of Pain. 

We have a good highway going North up the East Coast Highway. Connecting it to the East Plains Highway would make a pretty awesome expansion IMO. 

Never done anything like this before. I suppose the hardest part getting on them dam spider eyes to make (guessing hundreds) of cats eyes? Does anyone live in the area? Would that be a good idea? I could help out in some way... 

Actually few of us were looking at going from oak harbour all the way south also from that slate bridge just need to expand the road about 250 tiles to steppes.

Also you're plan to cats eye to House of Pain is good , we were looking at going up to the cross roads leading to Devils peaks.

But the tunnel is only 1 wide opening and would need to be deeded at each end to remove supports since south side has cat eyes already connected almost half of Inde if done ..

Damascus &I were wanting to get it connected

I am coming in game on Ancei

There will be no connecting House of Pain. We are planning on reworking the highway from lakes end to my place in the near future. I may consider them then. 

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

Also you're plan to cats eye to House of Pain is good , we were looking at going up to the cross roads leading to Devils peaks.

But the tunnel is only 1 wide opening and would need to be deeded at each end to remove supports since south side has cat eyes already connected almost half of Inde if done ..

This is a good idea, I can help with the mine entrances if need be. With regard to my last comment, the highway will be made straighter and towards the back of Lakes End canal entrance, most likely over the winter period. We can adjust catesyes etc when the time comes. 

Hi, I'm Schiann. I am the owner of Oak Harbour. I built the docks and the island, and most of the terraformed areas that Willits sits on (it used to be my son's deed, Bloodforge Bay). Nobody has talked to me about this highway project. Always a good place to start, or you risk putting your neighbors off.

LordLouis and I have long worked on tidying the highways around the area, making them straighter and easier to navigate, and if you want to get involved, by all means, have a chat with us about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schiann said:

Hi, I'm Schiann. I am the owner of Oak Harbour. I built the docks and the island, and most of the terraformed areas that Willits sits on (it used to be my son's deed, Bloodforge Bay). Nobody has talked to me about this highway project. Always a good place to start, or you risk putting your neighbors off.

LordLouis and I have long worked on tidying the highways around the area, making them straighter and easier to navigate, and if you want to get involved, by all means, have a chat with us about it.

is that your deed with the black bridge where the highway coming south stops just before the deed, scouted it like 2 months ago but i forget what the deed name was

(i think we were neighbors way back when indy was the only freedom isle)

Edited by LumpyGravy

After a single wide with sand either side became no longer a legal highway back in June of 2017, a team of folks, including Finndar, ChampaignDragon and myself turned the highway into a two wide paved from Psycodad's on the Grand Steppe to the Junction with the East Plains Hwy.  Schiann's contribution of the black slate bridge really added a touch of class.  Per discussions with Lord Louise who wants to realign the East Plains Hwy, we agreed to NOT run CE's out along that road.

4-5 months ago I made Schiann a supply of Cats Eyes and a Waystone for her to run CE's across that bridge so that the Cats Eyes Hwy on the south side of her deed that runs down the coast to the West End of the Orient Express Cave Canal can be connected to the CE's on the East Crystal Highway that connects all the way thru FM and right up into the NW corner of Indy on Samling Fjord.

I am trying to help the folks with the Crystal Canal CE network, who want to come north thru Silver Mountain Highway and link into the rest of Indy via the CE network on the south side of Albia Crystal.

There is already a section CE's on the North Side of the Silver Mtn Hwy Tunnel.  I've been in talks with Lord Louise to figure out how to get join those two networks up but the deed at the end of the Orient Express is owned by an afk player.

So the 60 Cats Eyes Schiann needs to join the two net work either side of her deed have been sitting at Albia Crystal, just awaiting her decision allow CE's across her bridge.

Cheers! Hughmongu

9 hours ago, HughMongus said:

So the 60 Cats Eyes Schiann needs to join the two net work either side of her deed have been sitting at Albia Crystal, just awaiting her decision allow CE's across her bridge.

Cheers! Hughmongu

@Schiann - PLEASE connect the highway across that bridge.. you are holding up the whole SE region from getting connected..... 

Damascus and i scouted this a few months ago and we have been kind of holding off working on the highway a bit.. we thought the bridge deed was Hughmungo's and were trying to contact him

TY TY TY

As I've told Hughmongus, I will put catseyes down when he removes the ones he placed in my perimeter and restores the shoreline including my rice paddy and Love tile. 

I'll not be spending my limited playtime removing these catseyes, and won't place my own until those are gone. 

The catseyes run around my deed at present, so I'm not holding up any connections. 

• Like 1

You must be thinking of another deed, because Hughmongus and his friends ripped up my rice paddy and extended the shoreline at the edge of Oak Harbour to plant catseyes across my boat cave entrance, over to Albia Crystal. This was done without consulting me at all, so my attitude may be negative, but I feel it's justified. This is why I say you're always wise to speak to those in the area before undertaking these kinds of projects, otherwise you risk creating resistance where it didn't exist before. 

• Like 2

im sorry, i stressed out.. i have a stress related mental disorder and this day has been total crap, so sorry i snapped

Edited by LumpyGravy
  • Like 1

but what i ment was we saw options when me and damascus scouted to go WAY AROUND your deed never coming close to it..... but if the highway went over the bridge would cut out at least 1 whole day of work

21 hours ago, HughMongus said:

After a single wide with sand either side became no longer a legal highway back in June of 2017, a team of folks, including Finndar, ChampaignDragon and myself turned the highway into a two wide paved from Psycodad's on the Grand Steppe to the Junction with the East Plains Hwy.  Schiann's contribution of the black slate bridge really added a touch of class.  Per discussions with Lord Louise who wants to realign the East Plains Hwy, we agreed to NOT run CE's out along that road.

4-5 months ago I made Schiann a supply of Cats Eyes and a Waystone for her to run CE's across that bridge so that the Cats Eyes Hwy on the south side of her deed that runs down the coast to the West End of the Orient Express Cave Canal can be connected to the CE's on the East Crystal Highway that connects all the way thru FM and right up into the NW corner of Indy on Samling Fjord.

I am trying to help the folks with the Crystal Canal CE network, who want to come north thru Silver Mountain Highway and link into the rest of Indy via the CE network on the south side of Albia Crystal.

There is already a section CE's on the North Side of the Silver Mtn Hwy Tunnel.  I've been in talks with Lord Louise to figure out how to get join those two networks up but the deed at the end of the Orient Express is owned by an afk player.

Cheers! Hughmongu

Unless you plan to totally collapse that tunnel and remove the supports from the ground to , forget it ..

To the east there is a road goes around and can be joined very easy to the highway above Orient express tunnel .

It needs some fixing here and there but its 2 lanes all the way down to Merridian Tunnel and road heading to New Hope deed .. that Payu  did ..

That being done will make almost over half of Inde connected.

I understand about wanting rice field and such repaired and I have noticed that area been screwed up a lot terraforming wise not sure why ..

51x , 52 x   on that line is the road I am talking about , 53 Y up is double wide  ..   from 51x to 40 , 41 y down can work great to meet up to 44y with not to much work involved .

If Shiann  does not want it to cross there bridge then it can go way behind theres Is road that meets up to the road heading towards House pain , before it is highway leading to Devils peaks tunnel.

\it will just need to be deeded at each end to widen the tunnel entrance then reinforcement added to to the ground ...

Thank you Damascus.  I put in the Cats Eyes from the south side of the Devil's Horn mountain tunnel down to the Meridian Highway.  I also helped Payu with some of the Cat's Eyes down at the south west end of the Meridian Hwy near Elysian Bay.

As he stated above LordLouis has asked us to hold off with Cats Eyes on the East Plains Hwy as he is working on altering its alignment.

He has also stated he does not want Cats Eyes near House of Pain at this time, again he has plans for the area around his deed.

So if the Devil's Horn tunnels entrances (north and south) are made two or three wide, then CE's can put put thru it to the north side exit, ready to link in, when the East Plains Hwy realignment is done.

The tunnel connection to the Crystal Bay Canal CE network I was referring to is the nearly completely made two wide (or "twinned") Silver Mountain Hwy, to join up the Crystal Canal area CE network to the FM network at Albia Crystal, via the eastern shore of Crystal Lake.

So the only part that needs work is tunnel entrances on both the Silver Mountain tunnel and the Devil's Horn tunnel, which just needs a Mag priest to pop the reinforcing at both ends, one side of the road only (plus some mining to make it wider).

Food for thought,

Cheers! Hughmongus

Schiann, let's get some facts straight!

I did NOT remove your rice fields!!!

During one of your regular absences (which can last from 1 to several months at a time or longer) back 2015-16....

.....some kids now departed from Wurm, who lived somewhere north of the north side of the harbour area swallowed up your never used rice fields when they made the harbour bigger on the north side.

Oh, that fenced Love path tile, with its nice fences and gate...  Because you are AFK regularly for so long, on one of your periodic absences, it decayed away and the walls fell down all on its own.

... and all of that stuff was "off deed" and it is Hard to talk to a neighbour who goes AFK from 1 to several months or longer regularly.

http://prntscr.com/l8b1ms Note date/time stamp at top left of image.

As you can see in the above picture, there is a harbour at the bottom right of the bridge under construction (former site of Schiann's rice fields) and they are obviously long gone.

Also Note the lack of GM Permission signs in the above image.

When you started your bridge project, you did so WithOut asking GM permission 1st to modify an existing highway and you did NOT put in a bypass to let folks continue to use the highway whilst you built your bridge.

So trying to be a good neighour.... I went and got a 1000 plus dirt and built two ramps and paved them to keep that highway passable.

This I did to keep you out of trouble with the GM's.  I also explained to you why I made the ramps and showed you a link the then current highway rules.

After I built those ramps that kept you out of trouble, you expanded your deed across the East Crystal Highway to protect the bridge from decay when it was done.

Should I also mention the fact that your bridge would cut off easy north side access to my deed once the temporary ramps were removed?

Without those ramps, access to my deed from the north side now meant going the long way along the harbour front road, which you told me to do, go the long way.

So When I asked you Schiann, about putting Cats Eyes across that bridge, so I could join the north side Cats Eyes from FM up with the Cats Eyes Highway on the south side of your deed, (which would connect my deed on the South West side of your's), to the FM Cats Eye's Network, you refused.

You have since planted Oak trees on those ramps, making them impassable on foot, horse or horses and cart.

I do not recall you mentioning to me that you wanted me to do a whole bunch of terraforming to undo something I did NOT do originally.

That is a totally unrealistic, demanding I fix something that someone else did.

Because you are often AFK for 1 to several months plus at a time, when new people come into the area and do stuff because they can't contact you to share their plans with you and ask your input, why are they "causing you problems" when it is you who are AFK for 1 to several months?

I waited thru your usual long absences patiently from July to December of 2017.

I even tried to make contact via your ally, Mayor of The Hellforge (who told me he was your son), who played more regularly then you did, to get the Cats Eyes placed across that bridge.  He told me politely, sorry you gotta talk to Mum.

When ever you came on line and decided to play Wurm, IF I happened to be in the area, I would politely try to persuade you to please put Cats Eyes across that bridge, to join up with the Cats Eyes Highway on the south side, so I could link in my deed.

At that time I was aware that Lord Louis did NOT want CE's on the East Plains Hwy, because he wanted to realign it.  I am still honouring that request and the CE's do not go beyond the top of the hill, but turn west down to my deed.

After 5 months of waiting from summer time to Christmas, I gave up!!!

http://prntscr.com/l8b00o (note date/time stamp at the top left corner).

I modified the shore line harbour road and made it a two wide and put in Cats Eye Highway around the edge of the harbour, being very careful to ensure the shallow draft canal to your underground harbour was maintained and to not disturb the harbour or its usefulness.

If folks are doing stuff because you are regularly AFK for long periods, it is not their fault if they can't get a hold of you.

That is why the harbour side CE Hwy came about.

... and it is actually a benefit wurmian's who use the harbour now, because I planted Blessed 50 QL street lamps along the harbour CE Hwy.  That harbour now has decay free night lighting, making it easy for all to use at night.

In the future, please do not accuss me of things I did not do.

Sincerely! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer and spelling corrections

WOW. I am sorry i stressed out and turned this into a ###### thread..... everyone hug and lets get along

I appreciate each and every one of you for helping to get me connected to the main highway network, i'm not b i t c h i n g and I also leave the game for long periods (usually after being griefed or hushed by GM's)

Unless you changed you're name to Shiann , don't think he was talking about you Lumpy...?

But its a good you did mention it so people can keep in the loop wen its impossible to get hold of some players.

HoghMongs wen Lumpygravy and I were planning different roots , there was no plans to cat eye House of pain .

It was ment to show I direction , since the cross road to Devils Peak is on the same road.

I have seen LordLouise work earlier .

Only way to widen the devils tunnel is deed each end and blow it up...?

The Silver highway tunnel is a dug up mess , someone over the years have mined the floor from 21 to over 30 slope in some place .

Yes its all reinforced now , but do you not need to removed that to raise the floor back up.?

Oh sweetie...

HughMongus, thank you for your post. You've contradicted yourself and proved all my points.

I do not recall you mentioning to me that you wanted me to do a whole bunch of terraforming to undo something I did NOT do originally.

"I modified the shore line harbour road and made it a two wide and put in Cats Eye Highway around the edge of the harbour, being very careful to ensure the shallow draft canal to your underground harbour was maintained and to not disturb the harbour or its usefulness."

Thank you for admitting you made no effort to contact me beyond waiting for me to appear in game at the same time as you - nevermind that we are on opposite time zones. I have always been able to be contacted through this forum, as many folks have done over the years, even when I'm away from the game.

The rest of your post is just your usual sad attempt to champion yourself as some kind of Wurm saint. The highway was never blocked or made unusable while I built the bridge, the rice paddy came after the bridge, and the love tile was next to the rice paddy, and oak trees sprout themselves. 

I've now undone the whole mess myself,  including the removal of your "ramps" up the sides of the bridge - sorry, I never saw you in game, so I couldn't talk to you about it. Thanks and goodnight.

• Like 3