Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

Archaeology, add plank fragments

Yet another topic on that.. topic ?

We have shafts, nails, bricks, lumps, shards. Let there be planks, too. 

• Like 5

Mixed feelings on this one, we have enough too much junk coming out of arch as it is. So +1 only if it is confined to the same tier as shafts, lumps, shards, ect, but will still be dumped on site when I find them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bp1986 said:

Mixed feelings on this one, we have enough too much junk coming out of arch as it is. So +1 only if it is confined to the same tier as shafts, lumps, shards, ect, but will still be dumped on site when I find them.

this

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

really all you need is the peg frags

Shafts you mean, as pegs don't make you a cart, or most furniture.  However there are certain wooden things that cannot be changed around by adding a shaft last.  First thing that comes to mind are shields.

Arrow shafts are practically meaningless to get from arch, there's no bonuses to any rare wood types and if there was you can get them from the shafts and by extension branches.  Would prefer to see arrowshafts replaced by planks

• Like 5

.. but.. but... I cannot make barrels with pegs or shafts... I'd rather lose the peg and arrow fragments, because they're derived from shafts. 

?

Also, who in their right mind would gather and assemble branch fragments IRL. 

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Shafts you mean, as pegs don't make you a cart, or most furniture.  However there are certain wooden things that cannot be changed around by adding a shaft last.  First thing that comes to mind are shields.

Arrow shafts are practically meaningless to get from arch, there's no bonuses to any rare wood types and if there was you can get them from the shafts and by extension branches.  Would prefer to see arrowshafts replaced by planks

bleh, tired eyes, thought that was hull planks, don't we get shafts already? maybe they can remove the branch and add the shaft

okay and swap out arrow shafts for planks ;)

I really hate it when they add more junk to sift through

Edited by JakeRivers

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

bleh, tired eyes, thought that was hull planks, don't we get shafts already? maybe they can remove the branch and add the shaft

But, but, what I'm gonna do without BT branches

• Like 1

I'd love to get plank fragments, there's actually surprisingly few things you can make with shafts/pegs/tenons that have a visible wood type, and who actually needs a ton of boats?

*dusts off this thread* just discovered that wood altars show wood types, hoping again for plank fragments to be added in

f3ebfb6342.jpg

• Like 1

I agree they should add planks to the wood fragments to add more choice to types of wood types in archwood

On 10/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, kochinac said:

Dispel it. You can make shafts from branches, combining the rest in a crate or bsb with others of that kind. I am not sure though (still to be tried) whether oleander, thorn etc. wood scraps make vinegar or new affinities of wine. The further would make it meaningless, the latter not. and +1 for plank frags.

I would also vote for exchanging arrow shafts for plank fragments

• Like 2

On 10/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, kochinac said:

Oh boi. A friend of mine is leveling hit BT belaying pin for a challenge theese days. :)

Belaying pin turned out to be using huge clubs skill. He thought initially it would be like knuckles with weaponless fighting used, but nah.

Edited by nekoexmachina

+1

Agree to remove arrow frags and replace with planks. Hopefully devs can make this switch/fix pretty quick.

• Like 2

Why cant we just dye all stuff and not beg for more wood scraps?

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

Why cant we just dye all stuff and not beg for more wood scraps?

Because Wurmians are a prowd people who never say dye.

• Like 2

*dusting cobwebs off a couple older suggestions that are still relevant*

On 5/29/2019 at 2:59 AM, cybaru said:

I would also vote for exchanging arrow shafts for plank fragments

+1 to planks. I'm an archer and I still have to agree with this. Arrow shafts from archeology are kind of pointless. Specially since I have never found any bow fragments.

• Like 2

replacing arrow shafts sounds perfect i hope it happens.

This post needs a touch of necromancy. So many things require planks and some of those awesome wood types just aren't possible without them.

71QEW79v3kL.jpg

• Like 2