Sign in to follow this  
whereami

Moving mass amounts of Items causes crash

Title says pretty much all; Here's the specific situation.

I have a backpack full of quivers, which are in turn full of corn. When I highlight all these corn at once (Exactly 4095 items in total) and attempt to drag them into an FSB, instead of getting an error message in event as I would expect, my game simply "crashes" or reconnects. The client doesn't actually crash, but it drops its connection, resets all my windows/inventory, it is essentially a forced relog.

Under normal circumstances, the game should allow you to drag these items into the FSB/BSB, it should register that you have more than 100 items selected, move the first 100 items from your selection into the target container, then throw an error message in event telling me I cannot move that many items at once.

This is the normal behavior of the game which I would expect to occur, however it is not.

I understand that I may not be intended to drag 4,500 items into a container with one action, but I really hope the connection drop is unintended, because it's kind of irritating.

Edited by whereami

I don't think it's intended! 

Can you get a copy of the client log just so we know what's going on? 

You mean the Console.[Player Name].log file?

Do note the client does not actually crash in the classical sense when this happens, it simply forces a reconnect. I'm not sure if any log files are generated for this!

If you think it would output logs to the console.log file, I'm happy to try and reproduce it for you and provide the log.

Happens around 1500 items selected, connection is force closed, fairly easily reproducable. i imagine its just some ancient flood prevention or something.

Happened to me every week when I would move satchels full of garlic from my small farming cart to my farm's FSB.  

Yes Retro, it is intended.

This is intended and is some kind of DOS / Flooding protection.

Edited by Sklo:D

Actually, now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure this was put in when people would completely lag out the server moving tens of thousands of vegetables from satchels to fsbs

I still feel that the connection being force closed is a bit unnecessary though. The same sort of flood protection could still be gained by allowing it to work the way... literally any other quantity above 100 does?

Edited by whereami
muh grammers