Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

[Fixed] Archaeology metal lumps - Gold Iron Lump

Thanks for the report!   We do have this listed already.  This happened since the last update with lump fragments listed as just metal.  I'll add your report to the bug.

Until the fix, if anyone has lump fragment, metal, please hold on to them without combining.

mine I tried combining lump fragment, metal of the same weights and got 

b95fd468cb.jpg

examined in that order got

34745700c9.jpg

Just for fun, I've kept combining where it allows:

2e3487e58b.jpg

[10:34:26] A small lump of pure silver.
[10:34:28] A small lump of pure silver.
[10:34:31] An alloy of gold and silver.
[10:34:34] A red glistening lump of bronze.
[10:34:34] A heavy lump of dark steel.
[10:34:37] A red glistening lump of bronze.

Edited by Lisabet

20 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Thanks for the report!   We do have this listed already.  This happened since the last update with lump fragments listed as just metal.  I'll add your report to the bug.

Until the fix, if anyone has lump fragment, metal, please hold on to them without combining.

Dang....  I just went through around 100 of them.....

I've made gold out of a lead lump - I have succeeded with the ultimate challenge of alchemy!

• Like 2

On 10/7/2018 at 12:41 AM, Alectrys said:

Just identified some more lump fragment, metal. Any updated on this?

Per the October 30 update: Cache lumps will now have the correct material type. However, yesterday the cache I found had a 'lump fragment, metal'. 

Can someone else please verify that this is still happening with newly found cache lumps?

Please do let me know and I'll have the bug reopened and checked into again.

Also, please note if the fragments have been restored on the same server they were found on or if they were taken across servers.

I'm looking for a new cache tonight, but the ones from yesterday were found and restored on Indy. 

I've got some 'metal' lump frags but I can't be sure when they were found. One I picked up today in a pile someone had dropped, the other I think I've had for a while. I can't combine them.

can confirm that this is still a thing.. identified few minutes ago.. old fragment and got a lump with type 'metal' instead of specific alloy or metal.

The old ones would not have been fixed with the bugfix, just newly discovered ones should now have the correct behavior.

I'd like to know if any fragments discovered and identified after the fix are still showing as metal.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm still getting lump fragments, metal from new caches, including today. 

I'm reopening this issue as Not Fixed as new cache lumps are still coming out with the metal tag.

• Like 2

Just to add to this, ive had the known 'metal' lumps and even 3 of those wont combine, but ive also had a type 'alloy' as well, which wont combine with bronze, brass or steel..

Also the statue fragments from the mini chests are still listed as container ones.

Aye, issue not fixed, just got 2 metal lumps as well from new frags.

Just to add. I just got 3 more Metal and another Alloy lump from a cache and other fragments. Have not found anything I can combine with the Alloy and above its states not to combine the metal ones.

just found another lump fragment, metal  from a fragment from a cache dug up earlier today...

Found 3 lump fragment, metal from a newly found cache on multiple areas. Seems its not fixed