Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

[Fixed] Unicorn breeding not getting new name affixes

used to be named Romuluschaser

[02:32:32] A bright white unicorn with a slender twisted horn.
[02:32:32] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[02:32:32] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. 
[02:32:32] His mother is the aged fat Fastwild. His father is the aged fat Caesarwest. 
[02:33:09] You poke a young fat unicorn in the ribs.

used to be named Ironflora

[02:35:05] A bright white unicorn with a slender twisted horn.
[02:35:05] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[02:35:05] It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. 
[02:35:05] Her mother is the aged fat Cardeaosio. Her father is the aged fat Southebony. 
[02:35:17] You poke a young fat unicorn in the ribs.

You can add mine to the list.  My server is Indy, just in case you need that too.

This reminds me of named eggs becoming named little chicken and loosing name when grown up.

Someone stole my eggs some years ago and did just that.

(Yes he put back the named eggs)

He knew the harassing names would go away on adulthood.

Thought I had already posted here but oh well, mine have now grown enough to lose the names as well. Have them all recorded in granger, not gonna examine them again until a fix in case it loses or messes them up. Glad to see its added to the bug list!

Unicorns seem to lose their name when transitioning between foal to adult. All of the ones we had on Xanadu lost their names when they grew up.

Is is traited?

Were they born after the update patch?

After update, used my original unicorn breeders not the angry ones in the back.

We haven't had a server update yet which addresses this issue.  It will be fixed with the next server update.  Remember - server restarts are not the same thing as server updates.  

Updates with patch notes are posted here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/91-website-news/

Server restarts are performed periodically for server maintenance - no code is changed with a restart.

This fix will go in with the next server update per Darklords post above.