Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Archaeology: finished reports

[1]How do we separate the finished ones from the unfinished? (with/without 'get directions' option)

We have to look in the event log for an event or constantly right click reports.?

Most players play a WHILE... and reading the event log for every line is not the perfect solution.

Right clicking for no reason out of hope.. to have 1 more option in the list of actions is weird..

Is it possible to change the color/icon of the finished reports? Turning them to cache/treasure scroll of map and moving them in the inventory or being kept in the book is another way to deal with this.

*moving all in inventory could be annoying for players with several arch. journals.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 4

[2]Additionally... how about a mechanic to keep track of found deeds?
As we LOSE the reports when we complete and use them... we have no way to track what we have found, there's no system to backtrack the number of deeds we've found, how many ceches we've collected(that might be in achievements, but makes a bit more sense to also be some part of the almanac, even if it shows same number value)

[3] I had a random thought at 1 time... that maybe ... once we collect the whole report.. we could see the deed size.. or deed-markers.. same stuff we see when a deed is being placed, but to be shown only for the report owner not shared for everyone to see(maybe with an option for both?)

1 - Strongly agree, we badly need some way to check these outside of manually finding the record(s) in question and right clicking through.

2 - The small tokens make sense to me for this. I don't think the book really needs to track beyond the lifespan of the report. If you need the report to find your way back to said deed, just store it outside of a book and use it for navigation and never actually collect the reward.

3 - Maybe, but only if they sort out how the client handles client-only items (see insanity hallucinations and how they stick around forever) - could be more annoying than interesting.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, bp1986 said:

2 - The small tokens make sense to me for this. I don't think the book really needs to track beyond the lifespan of the report. If you need the report to find your way back to said deed, just store it outside of a book and use it for navigation and never actually collect the reward.

3 - Maybe, but only if they sort out how the client handles client-only items (see insanity hallucinations and how they stick around forever) - could be more annoying than interesting.

1. I like that you share what you think, +1s etc maybe matter for devs.. but more ideas and thoughts is what could turn heads and get something done.

2. Carrying tokens around is a bit...(wild variety of words, lets stop on..) silly/stupid/... (it is an option.. this gets few more ideas going, but.. lets not go into that)

We could have separate achievements for arch... and finding 10 or w/e number of reports.. could unlock the option to show to self, and than to others.. how big a deed have been, turning the player into a more knowledgeable personality, able to be a guide for the locals, you could be RP-ing, selling your knowledge or whatever, it just adds a bit more depth to this mechanic to interact more with the environment and other people. You don't party alone.. you want to *party* with other people.