Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

[Fixed] Archaeology -- crisis of "confidence".

This bug has been in archaeology journals since day one. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet, particularly given the recent (and very welcome) archaeology update.

While investigating an area, eventually you will get the event window message

[19:50:49] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called [NAME OF DEED]. You feel confident you know exactly where [NAME OF DEED] once lay, and complete the location details in the report. 

But that's actually the penultimate (I think) stage in the sequence that leads to really knowing "exactly where" the deed once lay. You have to do a bunch more investigating before Get Direction shows up in the menu for that report.

Guessing this is an easy fix that could be added to the to-do list for the next patch.

Yeah that was annoying to say the least, because once I got that message I tried to figure out where the 'get directions' button was and could not use it due to one of the 4 info slots not being filled in.

I got the message once today and only when I was able to find it

Happened to me as well. I was happy to see the complete location is inserted into the report but the Get Directions option did not show up until I had another message about adding location data.

Currently I have at least one report with the below message and no Get directions:

[21:16:39] You can see multiple markers of abandoned settlements here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, one of the settlements must have been called Bearclaw Hollow. You feel confident you know exactly where Bearclaw Hollow once lay, and complete the location details in the report. 

XN2EmLr.png

This is on the list already, thanks for the report and the details.   

• Like 1

I just got the "false" positive in a location with a couple of old deeds.  I've recovered 2 other deed caches without all the deed info showing.  One with out any and one with just the name of the mayor.

Just happened here as well:

[22:15:26] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Asgard Bazaar. You feel confident you know exactly where Asgard Bazaar once lay, and complete the location details in the report.

unknown.png

(2 copies of the report, because it was disbanded and refounded in the same area)

8 hours ago, Alectrys said:

This is on the list already, thanks for the report and the details.   

Groovy, thanks.

Hmmm, it may be well relevant that in my case it was also a location where multiple disbanded deeds were found. 

i can confirm, no direction in report after following message:

[18:24:15] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called [name of the deed]. You feel confident you know exactly where Cicely once lay, and complete the location details in the report. 

I've just had the message concerning a single settlement. Also, it was the very first message I got concerning this deed after getting a chest for it.

[23:05:23] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Rearden Steel. You feel confident you know exactly where Rearden Steel once lay, and complete the location details in the report. 

I searched through my logs and I think I might know what's happening.  I could be completely wrong as well.  But I noticed that I get 4 lines of location information for a deed before I get the 'get direction' and I'm wondering if they're just not coming up in the right order every time.  Here they are: 

[00:04:46] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Oakheart. You write down some initial location details about Oakheart in a blank report. 

[00:10:09] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Oakheart. You note some additional details about the location of Oakheart in the report. You find a scrap of washed out parchment signed by the last mayor, Kinsi. You recall this settlement, and remember the name of the founder as Malicarth. 

[00:15:09] You can see multiple markers of abandoned settlements here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, one of the settlements must have been called Oakheart. You find some extra clues that help narrow down where Oakheart once was and write it down in the report. 

[00:17:25] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Oakheart. You feel confident you know exactly where Oakheart once lay, and complete the location details in the report.

Now I'll try one that didn't give direction with that last line:

[13:29:51] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Point Break. You write down some initial location details about Point Break in a blank report. You find a scrap of washed out parchment signed by the last mayor, Omatoes. You write that down in your report. You recall this settlement, and remember the name of the founder as Omatoes. You write that down in your report. You make a rough estimate that the settlement was inhabited for about 19 years, 11 months. You write that down in your report. 

[13:33:30] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Point Break. You note some additional details about the location of Point Break in the report. 

[13:33:44] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Point Break. You feel confident you know exactly where Point Break once lay, and complete the location details in the report

[13:54:55] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Point Break. You find some extra clues that help narrow down where Point Break once was and write it down in the report.   

[13:59:01] You spot something glinting in the ground and start pulling it free...
[13:59:12] As you discover a Point Break hidden cache the report is crumpled up and ruined.

19 hours ago, Lisabet said:

[13:54:55] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Point Break. You find some extra clues that help narrow down where Point Break once was and write it down in the report.   

Yes i have noticed that after that clue you get get direction to report.

Not sure if this should go here but .

I was investigating by alts deed and it shows it as being here at one time  ?? same info you would get for old abandoned deed ..

The deed is still up and has never been removed ?

Or the name used in this area before , deed is only less then three months old if that ..

Inde ,   deed name Around the Corner ... its listed in my journal also ...

22 hours ago, Damascus said:

The deed is still up and has never been removed ?

Or the name used in this area before , deed is only less then three months old if that ..

4:11 PM - 15 Jul 2018 - The settlement of Around The Corner has just been founded by Ethario.

10:27 PM - 25 Jul 2018 - The settlement of Around The Corner has just been disbanded by Ethario.

10:29 PM - 25 Jul 2018 - The settlement of Around The Corner has just been founded by Ethario.