Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 04/OCT/18

PatchNotes.png

Changes and Additions:

• New:  Archaeology changes and additions.
    • Wood types have been added to wooden items.
    • New statues have been discovered.
    • Fix for some moonmetal fragments.
    • Tweaked base difficulty for investigating to be a bit easier overall.
    • You can also now get an extra bonus in areas that are considered valuable according to Archaeology, making fragments a bit easier to gain at higher levels in those locations.
    • New: Archaeology caches have been added
    • Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.
      • Using the “Get direction” function on the center tile of that deed will unearth an archaeology cache.
      • Inside the cache will be an assortment of unidentified fragments including a larger percentage of statue fragments and a relic of the former deed.
      • Amount of fragments is determined by archaeology skill and report ql with a minimum of 10.
      • Once unearthed the report will be consumed.
    • Change: Archaeology journal improvements
      • Journals will now hold a number of reports up to the ql of the journal, with a minimum of 22.
      • Placing a piece of paper or papyrus greater than 30ql inside the journal will automatically turn it into a blank report
      • Reports can also now be moved in and out of journals via drag and drop.
      • Tweaked the chances for location info to be recorded in a report to be a bit lower than previously to balance for caches.
    • Some Archaeology statues with solid bases can now have items placed upon them.
  • New: Shoulder pads are now dyeable.
  • Change: Metallic shoulder pads are now able to spawn from rifts as any metal type at a low chance.
  • Change: The Tin Rune of Jackal now correctly uses the spell version of Refresh and cannot be used while moving.

Bug fixes:

• Bugfix: Marble statue of Vynora can now be improved.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few more mission descriptions with items which were too generic.
  • Bugfix: Recipe list now correctly list lunchbox, tin instead of lunchbox, lead.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the improper triggering of the Kill a wild sly creature achievement.
  • Bugfix: Potion of butchery imbue now works properly when butchering a corpse.
  • Bugfix: Fixed watcher text when someone unloads a creature from a cage.

05/OCT/18:

• Potential fix for village caches not showing in some cases

The post Patch Notes 04/OCT/18 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 9

New statues ? ?

Sand and marsh tiles need some attention, they do not refresh and most of them are not able to be investigated.

• Like 1

Omg!! Yes!! More archaeology love. I can't wait to find the new statues. *please let there be a boar*

OMG this is amazing, feels like an early Christmas present! Thank you!!  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

*grabs her Indiana Jones hat and disappears into the woods*

• Like 5

13 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.

• Using the “Get direction” function on the center tile of that deed will unearth an archaeology cache.

I see no 'get direction' on any of these reports I made.

Since I've shared this elsewhere, for those on the cache hunt:

QL of the report and skill have an equal part in determining the number of fragments you get from a cache, and is modified by the 'value' of the deed (how long it was around, how long its been abandoned for). And by ql of the report, I mean the actual ql of the item, so the initial ql of the paper/papyrus you use to create the report.

• Like 4

My collection grows. I have no idea where to put these. Please help me.

ybvt0K1.png

• Like 9

Nice stuff, will get into a bit more of the arch now :) Meantime, New: Shoulder pads are now dyeable. Is this only going to be for cotton/cloth ones or? I dyed mine which are steel and  no color change so curious.

1 hour ago, Fabricant said:

My collection grows. I have no idea where to put these. Please help me.

15 fit across an empty shelf perfectly, so can probably squeeze 60 per shelf

3 minutes ago, Tilda said:

I dyed mine which are steel and  no color change so curious.

If you're wearing them, take them off and put them back on

19 hours ago, MrGARY said:

If you're wearing them, take them off and put them back on

Thanks that worked! Nice little addition :)

I located an abandoned deed. Got the report to show me "get directions". I found the stash and mini token.

Then continued to investigate the area and soon enough I found the same deed again, message said:

You can see multiple markers of abandoned settlements here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, one of the settlements must have been called Xanadu Skill Resort. You feel confident you know exactly where Xanadu Skill Resort once lay, and complete the location details in the report.

But this time the report doesn't give any "directions". The report itself says "Perhaps investigating around the village area some more will provide more location clues."

I assume a person cannot get two of same cache, which is completely reasonable of course. However, I would like the report to give me directions to that deed nonetheless.

Could this be done/added somehow?

Or does it mean I need to investigate more, and the "you know exactly" message above in the quotes is not the final part?

You can get the same directions multiple times, I have 3 of the same deed in 1 hour at the same location - while looking for the other deed directions which is at the same spot (the first deed I've ever been a citizen of).

It seems also, that if there are multiple deeds, one is found much easier than the other - this time it was the one that existed first.

I had 3 full reports and minitokens, but did not complete the other report during the same time (I'm happy to share deed names and location if devs want to check something - even a minitoken of the deed I found repeatedly is planted there).

Edited by Jaz

@BuddaI noticed my old archaeology book was only 14ql, so I imp'd it up to 40ql and filled it with blank pages, but after it was up to 12 reports and a stack of blank pages, it would no longer add new reports, removed blank reports did not solve the problem, removing most of the named reports allowed addition of new village reports.

Is this due to my journal being created before the patch and should I be making a new one?

Also what skill do you need to get reports filled in completely, I have just under 72 archaeology and having no luck.

Bah, even after cleaning out most of the reports, still not getting some deeds added:

pHZ6kT5.jpg?1

edit to strike out the parts that were not broken, did not realize you would see info on deeds not even nearby

Edited by JakeRivers

I was able to get full report at 43 archeology  and 45 restoration for my first deed token cache .

I learned something not to do again ?

If you have two started rare groups of a statue and you decide to add them together to get one finished rare statue and still have a group of unfinished rare pieces left, don't do it. One loses it's rarity luckily for me it was the unfinished group not the finished statue ?

If I had only waited to find one more piece I would still have two rare statues ? *looks around lol what?

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1

[10:27:05] You cannot put the small Starlight Haven token there, that would mean too many items on the empty low bookshelf. ?

More, we need more items allowed per bookshelf ? it allows eleven items, there are six shelves so if we could place at least three per shelf that would work :wub:

Edited by VelvetSun

Sign in to follow this