Sign in to follow this  
AshesOfRebirth

[SOLVED] Cluster problems.

I have a cluster up and running with a hoster, and all seems well. I can travel back and forth, and I can transfer with the wand. 

The only issue is this. When characters logs off on the second server AND the servers are restarted, it seems like they roll back to the other map and also suffer a skill rollback. 
When they only log off, and relogs, the issue doesn't seem to happen. So I believe something happens on restart, but I cannot find anything relevant in the logs. 

Anyone got an idea of why it would do that?

Thanks a ton

Edited by AshesOfRebirth
solved

ask your hoster if they are doing anything with the database when you restart the server

the current server id for each character is stored in the players table, could be the hosts reset everyone's current server to the login or something weird like that during a restart.

• Like 1

Thanks bdew. You were right, we communicated with our hoster and after some testing, they figured out the problem and all is well. 

Thanks for your quick response. 

They didn't explain to us all the technical details, but I noticed they changed the machine it was hosted on to be on the same as the login server, and it worked after that. (Maps were hosted on different physical machines prior to that)

I would assume it was a firewall thing, most likely blocking the RMI port, that prevented DB from updating each other. 

Edited by AshesOfRebirth