next,. disable GLSL:

QKzZgfa.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I had to try again the first picture sorry

Do all of the pictures.

Let me know if you do not understand.

Okay, the pictures you uploaded have this information 

1) one is version mismatch.  Hmm, still this one. 

2) One shows me the names you are typing in for a character, may not be a valid character name. So try instead a name like "Phlou" with no numbers and no servername

3) One says there was an error while trying to update, because the application was open. (en francais 

This is the IMPORTANT error. The only way to solve this one is to turn SHUT DOWN the computer and then RESTART it, that will close all background processes that are still running, and it will allow the game to properly UPDATE (it has not yet properly updated, it seems).

but I had not java at the beginning jai download java pars what I'm advised

AFTER YOU RESTART THE COMPUTER,

try wurm again, this time first:

1) Click on the little GEAR in my first picture, to open SETTINGS

2) Click on GRAPHICS tab and change to WINDOWS RESIZEABLE (my second picture)

3) Click on COMPATABILITY tab and disable GLSL 

Ok now type in your name as Phlou, set server filter to RHIBOLAND (for a test) and click the word RHIBOLAND in the mddle:

= all are circled in RED here=

lrdtPWt.png

2 minutes ago, phlou385670 said:

but I had not java at the beginning jai download java pars what I'm advised

No, do not worry for JAVA because the steam version of the game includes that when it installs.

Forget for now JAVA, do not worry about it. 

Steam players never need to install JAVA. Only Wurmonline needs Java, and you are Wurm Unlimited.

Do not use for now, the CONNECT BY IP" like in your picture.

Make sure you saw all of my posts above. RESTART computer, go to GEAR and change the settings I showed, try log into to RHIBOLAND using the name PHLOU and the server filter like my picture shows

(only suggesting RHIBOLAND because they are a FRENCH server on the current version)

Do not use the www.wurmonline.com link that steam shows, because that is not about the steam version (except here, is ok)

You do not want to download, register, install java, or anything that the WURMONLINE page lists because none of that is for the STEAM version.

he spam everyone PMs with his bull s. about that.  Just refound game on steam, and go play wurm online  buy 1 year membership.

Just now, Sila said:

he spam everyone PMs with his bull s. about that.  Just refound game on steam, and go play wurm online  buy 1 year membership.

I think suggesting someone buy a one year membership to WURM ONLIINE for $80 or so, when they already bought for $29.99 a steam version and have severe troubles, is not very good advice.   You could at least suggest try the FREE one first because I do not think CodeClub will refund a one year subscription if they cannot get the game to run.  Also, not  everyone can afford $80 or so a year for a game, when that does not even include deed costs etc.

If his computer will not run the STEAM version, it is unlikely to do any better t\with the paid online version.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phlou385670 said:

I succeeded it was the name actually that pose problem

Good, are you now in Rhiboland?

I think right now there is no one else there, you can either try a different server (erase FILTER and sort by PLAYER COUNT), or just run around and explore.

• Like 1

I logged into Rhiboland and see you there fine, so I will let you explore.

It is after midniight here (OREGON USA) and I need soome rest :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I think suggesting someone buy a one year membership to WURM ONLIINE for $80 or so, when they already bought for $29.99 a steam version and have severe troubles, is not very good advice.   You could at least suggest try the FREE one first because I do not think CodeClub will refund a one year subscription if they cannot get the game to run.  Also, not  everyone can afford $80 or so a year for a game, when that does not even include deed costs etc.

If his computer will not run the STEAM version, it is unlikely to do any better t\with the paid online version.

come on stop that!  support Rolf

It is not supporting ROLF to suggest someone who cannot get the $29 version to run, should instead fork over a non-refundable $100 or so, that they can never get back if they STILL have problems.

It just means they will go around telling everyone they know what a ripoff that game was and how they were tricked into paying even more for soemthing they could never even get to run.

I am off to bed, he is at least ingame and can figure the rest out on his own, maybe when the french players log in.