Sign in to follow this  
tophattingson

Alveron (PVE/4k Map/1x/1x)

0URPNCe.png

Alveron is a new PVE server with 1x Skill gain and 1x Action timers. Alveron uses a detailed 4k map with a variety of different forest regions, plains, mountains, expansive deserts, swamps, islands and ice sheets. Alveron features a storyline covering the history of the realm and its five distinct regions, all ruled by the High King. Players, their settlements and their exploits will optionally be worked into the story of Alveron.

Visit our website here

Server IP: 178.128.32.76

Port: 3724

Rules

1.       Be respectful towards other players. Do not harass them or do actions with the intent of disrupting their ability to play on the server.

2.       Racism, bigotry and explicit content will not be tolerated.

3.       Speak English in any public chat channels.

4.       Certain events will require that you roleplay, and possibly follow other instructions from a GM.

5.       You are permitted to have as many characters as you want. However, only one of your characters may participate in any given GM ran event.

6.       Do not try to disrupt other player’s deeds without permission from them. This means not building houses, fences, farms or terraforming within 25 tiles of their perimeter. GMs may remove offending structures at the request of the deed’s owner.

7.       This includes making sure any deed you found gets no closer than 25 tiles away from neighbouring deeds without permission from them.

8.       Do not lure dangerous mobs with the intent of using them to kill another player.

9.       Do not steal from other players.

10.   The GMs can take action in cases where, beyond the scope of the above rules, a player intentionally disrupts the normal functioning of the server, the intended gameplay of the server, or the ability of others to play on the server.

Gameplay Information

Spoiler

The Server is set to PVE. Under High King Mather’s Law, all players are part of the same (High) Kingdom.

Skill gain and Action Timers are 1x and 1x.

The server has a hand crafted 4096x4096 custom map. You can preview this map here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d9tSWGAU3pvdJkd9ac-GAmKiLnlpXLBt/view

Adamantine and Glimmersteel veins can be found, but they are exceptionally rare.

There are 50,000 mobs, and 20% of them are aggressive.

You need to pay both for deeds and their upkeep.

All skills start at 1

All characteristics start at 19.5

Your starter gear is all 10ql, with the exception of the flint and steel which remains 50ql

Priest restrictions remain in place

A starting settlement with basic services

Traders are disabled with the exception of one trader in the starting settlement. Merchants are enabled.

Mods

Spoiler

Bounties can be acquired on killing mobs. More dangerous mobs give larger bounties. There is a large bonus reward for killing mobs with conditions that increase their strength.

As previously mentioned, your starter gear has been modified.

Some features of MeditateMod have been included. The time delay between each level in a path has been reduced to 30% of the default. There is no delay between the first 5 skill gains each day. You  will not fail to meditate due to “you fail to relax”, and you do not need to keep moving around between attempts.

SkillGainControl, to remove the soft cap on Characteristics.

Lore

Spoiler

66 years ago, High King Mather I invaded from the west and conquered Alveron, unifying the Five Kingdoms under one crown, his own. Ruling largely in absentia, administration of the Five Kingdoms remains in the hands of three loyal Kings who all pledge fealty to Mather.

The Five Kingdoms retain their individual identities, and most people identify with one of them over the other, but Mather’s Law deems that all his subjects are part of the same realm, and are free to travel, work or settle anywhere within the Five Kingdoms.

High King Mather is now in his mid 90s, and crippled by age. Forces of various loyalties now gather, anticipating his death and the succession crisis that will result.

History

The Disunited Kingdoms

For hundreds of years, or perhaps since the first men ever set foot here, Alveron has been divided. Traditionally, in ages past, it was divided into four Kingdoms. Gallonia, Norothi, Senuthesia and Denathak. However, 350 years ago, subjects displeased with the ill rule of the King of Norothi eventually split to found the Petty Kingdom of Ilara.

These Kingdoms would frequently war each other over uncertain borders, with boundaries between each Kingdom and even the constituent Duchies constantly shifting. This continuous war left the population small and the realm undeveloped.

Mather’s Invasion

Mather was the King of a more advanced but smaller region far across the ocean to the west, Byazania. In his 20s, the young King proved to be an ambitious and skilled conqueror. After rapidly destroying any rival claimants to the throne of Byazania, he set his sights on conquering the disunited kingdoms of Alveron. Arriving on the shores of Gallonia 68 years ago, he quickly defeated its armies by siding with rebels that were already attempting to overthrow the King. Now the ruler of both Gallonia and Byazania, he declared himself “High King” and took his armies on to conquer Denathak and Norothi, which were already weakened by the war between them. With most of the realm already in Mather’s hands, Senuthesia and Ilarra decided to surrender rather than attempt an impossible resistance.

With the invasion complete, Mather handed control of the conquered Kingdoms of Gallonia, Norothi and Denathak to loyal commanders. The new rulers of these Kingdoms attempted to adopt the local culture and custom to try to endear themselves to their new  subjects. Mather redrew the previously unstable and disputed boundaries of the Five Kingdoms to try to minimize conflict between his vassals. Mather also proclaimed Mather’s Law, a legal code establishing the realm as a single entity, all subjects as a subject of Mather, and thus all subjects are allowed to travel across the realm freely, work anywhere freely and settle freely.

The Civil War

14 years ago, the King of Denathak and the Petty King of Ilarra forged an alliance to gain independence from High King Mather. Striking at locations along rivers and coastlines in a wave of surprise attacks, they seized strategic crossings and ports before their opposition could react.  Senuthesian and Norothi troops would perform most of the fighting against the rebels, aided by Gallonian mercenaries and the Royal Navy. In particular, the Royal Navy sustained extensive losses during the invasion of the Ilarran mainland.  

The rebels were finally defeated two years later, Senuthesia took control of Denathak while Norothi took control of Ilarra. Mather’s waning influence and health meant he had no choice but to accept this occupation as somewhat permenant. As a result, there are now five kingdoms ruled by three kings. The Senuthesian King became King of Denathak, and the Norothi King became the Petty King of Ilarra. While High King Mather intended this setup to be temporary, and for these dual kingdoms to be split between different heirs, whether this decree will be respected remains unclear. Furthermore, the crippled Royal Navy was largely rebuilt with Gallonian wood and craftsmen, leaving the Gallonian King in de facto control over the largest fleet in the known world.

The Five Kingdoms

Kingdom of Gallonia

Blazon: per pale wavy azure and vert, a galley argent

Gallonia dominates the Northwest corner of Alveron. A large portion of Gallonia is islands, btut the majority of it is part of the mainland. Gallonia has a strong naval tradition, and Gallonian ships are considered the best in all of Alveron. The large forests of the mainland provide the raw materials for this industry. Gallonians are pious, and due to this affinity for the open sea, Vynora is the most respected of the gods in Gallonia, although all of the White Light gods are held in high esteem here.

The fertile south, centre, east and islands of Gallonia provide a bountiful harvest, and a developed fishing industry further expands its food supply. As a result, Gallonia has the largest population of the Five Kingdoms, and supplies food beyond its borders. However, the frozen north remains largely unpopulated.

In addition to its powerful navy, Gallonia fields a land force largely consisting of footmen armed with spears and halberds. Their land force is considered poorly equipped and ill trained compared with its neighbours.

Kingdom of Senuthesia

Blazon: quarterly sable and or, a horse salient gules

Senuthesia historically was confined to the harsh deserts of the southwest, but now controls almost the entire southern half of Alveron after the Senuthesian King was granted the title of King of Denathak. Senuthesia is famed most for its horses, who are considered faster and sturdier than others in Alveron. Geographically, the most hospitable regions of Senuthesia are located in the southeast, southwest and northeast, with deserts, steppe and mountains separating them. As a result, Senuthesian dukes have greater autonomy from the King, confident that should the King attempt to impose authority, the geography of the Kingdom itself can protect them from attackers.

Senuthesia is famed for its wines, olive oil and textiles, which it exports throughout the Five Kingdoms. Senuthesian merchants are famed throughout Alveron for their wealth and influence. Senuthesians like to think they worship all the White Light gods equally, but Fo commands just a little more worship here than the rest.

Senuthesia relies on experienced light cavalry for its military forces, able to quickly cross the open region that dominates the centre of the kingdom to respond to threats that could come from any side.

Kingdom of Norothi

Blazon: per chevron gules and sable, an arming sword argent, a bordure sable

The Kingdom of Norothi lays in the Northeast of the mainland. While a region of land in the centre of Norothi is relatively fertile, much of the rest is either too cold or too barren for farming. Norothi has always had a small population. Despite this, the Norothi Knights are the most powerful military force in Alveron, armed with greatswords and sporting full plate armour.

Domestically, Norothi is noted for its production of beer and spirits. Additionally, Norothi blacksmithing is more advanced than its neighbours. Norothi arms and armour are considered the best in all of Alveron, and can be found in the prized possession of nobles, commanders and even more successful mercenaries beyond Norothi. Norothians worship Magranon almost to the point of complete exclusion of the other Gods, a trait that fermented the split that lead to the Petty Kingdom of Ilarra.

Kingdom of Denethak

Conquered 12 years ago, Denethak is no more, occupied by Senuthesia. Even before the destruction wrought during the civil war and it’s aftermath, Denethak was a harsh and hostile land. The western edge of Denethak, along one of Alveron’s great rivers, has been largely incorporated into Senuthesian rule, but the people of the wide central and eastern regions remain deeply distrustful of their new overlords.

Denethak only yields one product of interest to the rest of the Five Kingdoms. Ore, mined largely from the western and eastern mountains. The White Light barely shines in Denethak, with the majority of the population being sceptical of the benevolence of the gods. This leads to frequent accusations of Black Light worship, but for the most part Denethak subjects are simply disinterested in the Gods.

When Denethak fielded an army, it was noted for its archers, supplied with wood from the Marshes that dominate the south of Denethak.

Petty Kingdom of Illara

In ages past, a religious schism occurred within Norothi. This lead to the founding of the Petty Kingdom of Ilarra, primarily situated on the large island to the east of Norothi. The smallest of the Five Kingdoms, as of 12 years ago Illara now finds itself fully under the control of its Norothi rivals.

The Illaran Knights were similar to the Norothi Knights, but favoured a more aggressive fighting style focused on armour-breaking Mauls and Axes. The Illaran Knights are now formally disbanded as an institution, but many of the former Knights await any opportunity to make Illara independent again. Unlike the rather sea-fearing Norothi, the Illarans are capable sailors, although still lag behind the Gallonians in this field.

Edited by tophattingson
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

*All characteristics start at 1

Uh, like all of them?

My bad. A typo. It's 19.5

• Like 1

The settings and lack of certain mods are not right for me, but dang that is a nice map! :D Would be awesome if you release it to the masses one day. Happy adventuring on your new server!

Nice map, however...

Starting characteristics are so low you won't get many people to play, especially at 1x1. There's already a number of well established servers that already do that and unless you boost characteristics it's not going to work IMO. Not enough aggressive mobs to make coin for a deed or get a pelt. In fact not enough mobs period.  What is with people and all of the bloody useless fruit trees?  Did I say there were not enough creatures?

Anyway, I'm probably wrong. Not had me coffee yet. ;)

Edit: My hubby was going to play here until he realized dirt goes into his pocket instead of on the ground. For him that is a game breaker. It defies logic he said.

Luck to you.

Edited by Reddtoo

I am up for the challenge and giving it a try \o/

Luckily, there is a wildcat lair close to spawn and I lucked out on a pelt pretty early. Looks like bounties are pretty low so coin harder to get, so probably I will be starting out with a "deedless" settlement ... just like in my starter WO days.  I prefer not too many wild creatures starting out anyway, as I am not really the fighter type,  so a wildcat lair near spawn is perfect.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

4 hours ago, Darkness1990 said:

what an awesome map! please tell us how it was made or where you got it from?

I based the plan for a map off an old minecraft map I made a few years back. I adjusted the plan to compensate for the requirements of Wurm maps, such as needing water at all 4 edges and not being able to place water above sea level. I then hand-painted the heightmap and tile type map. In particular, 10 different types of forest were created by combining mask layers with random noise. I imported those files using Map Generator 2.9 and generated clay, tar, peat and the cave layer there to finish it up. Lastly, we took the generated map and put it through a bit of code we wrote with the WurmAPI to correct a bug in the Map Generator where rock tiles can retain dirt depth.

Just a note -- Buddha (head developer of Wurm Everything) has acknowledged that it is a bug that some map maker utilities only assign 50 units to sandstone veins:

I can confirm the Averlon map has this bug, there are various fixes discussed in that thread that you might actually understand better than me. Some server owners adjust using an automated script, or a mod, or even by having a GM manually "fix" every sandstone vein on a case by case basis. The main point is this is NOT the way devs have intended it to be. 

PS:   I am really enjoying this server so far. It certainly does take some getting used to for those of us who have played on a large variety of other WU servers, each with its own philosophy and collection of "quality of life" mods. This server runs almost no so-called "QOL" mods (except to Meditation skill)  and at first this is rather disconcerting to those of us who got very used to at least some of them. 

There are also a LOT of QOL mods that, in my mind, actually  *reduce* a certain amount of quality of gameplay, and almost impossible to find a server that actually has "an ideal mix" unless you make and run that server yourself -- which automatically means it is non-ideal for most other  players, but they are willing to search around for the best compromise to their own playstyle.    A lot of traditional Wurm gameplay also gets disrupted by these mods, because if everyone-can-do-everything *too easily*, there is almost no reason for, say, an economy to even exist, and the server becomes primarily a loose  community that occasionally gathers for social events.  Not a bad thing, and what most us really like about Wurm IS the fact that we can be self sustaining and "play how we like", so it is a delicate balance, and in WU each of us ends up making our own choices anytime we log into a new server.  It involves a lot more than just whether you want a fast and  "non-grindy" , or one that is closer to the traditional Wurm Online mechanics. But it also involves a whole lot else.

This is the closest I have ever felt to "classic Wurm", even compared to other good 1x/1x roleplay servers. It may turn out later than I miss certain "compromises" that most other servers make in so-called quality of life. I suspect my crops are going to rot if I don't log in to tend them, and it has been so long since I dealt with that issue, I am not sure yet if I can live with that. On the other hand, the #1 feeling that kept me logging into Wurm, every single day, for years and years, was the feeling that my little homestead actually NEEDED me. If you have ever wanted a  "classic"  server that reminds you of your earliest days in Wurm, this might be it. And in addition, with the best frigging server map most of us have ever seen ^_^ (look at it yourself)  Once I get all settled in, I am very excited to go explore this world very thoroughly!

This is what I really love most about WU, every server out there is a unique blend and a unique experience and personality :D  Gotta try them all!!!!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I can confirm the Averlon map has this bug, there are various fixes discussed in that thread that you might actually understand better than me. Some server owners adjust using an automated script, or a mod, or even by having a GM manually "fix" every sandstone vein on a case by case basis. The main point is this is NOT the way devs have intended it to be. 

We'll investigate this and deploy an appropriate solution to it. We will likely code something with WurmAPI that targets specifically sandstone tiles so that it won't restore other ore types if they're nearly depleted. Until then, unless you're fine with quickly exhausting any sandstone you find, avoid mining it out.

Edited by tophattingson

Honestly, the map is one of the best i've seen and played on, but 1x 1x is just too low for me and for many people included.

If you are willing to change the skills to 2 or 3x, including timers, i would definietly play here more and i have other people who might be willing to join me. We would also be willing to do free advertisements and recruitment.

Perhaps a dynamic skillgain system like the one on Revenant might work as well, but tweaked a bit so it's quicker at first and gets to 1x at high levels (60/70+ or so, as i think it only gets to around 1x at 90 on Revenant)

Edited by atazs

Replicating a similar gameplay experience to that of WO was our intent from the start. There are a large number of other servers offering a wide variety of gameplay possibilities that have faster skillgain. Replicating a vanilla-like experience was our intent from day one. Not every server can cater for every player because different options are mutually exclusive, and that's OK.  However, if you are specifically here for the map I don't know what to suggest.

Edited by tophattingson
  • Like 1

Thousands of years ago, it is said there was a king that ruled over what is now Gallonia. While travelling away from the capital along one of its roads, the king and his entourage were ambushed by bandits, who were seemingly unaware that they had attacked the king. With the group entirely wiped out bar the King, who was left wounded and dying alongside his personal wagon, he had given up. When a passing Libila follower saw him and approached, he wished the bandits had finished him off.

However, the Libila follower healed him and brought him back to safety.

From that day onwards, once a year, on the anniversary of his rescue, the King would permit Libila’s followers to enter his capital city freely for trade, business, and other events. This tradition would continue until the end of that King's reign.

The story is likely entirely a myth, but regardless a tradition resembling the one set out by that ancient King remains. Usually, the followers of Libila are hunted down, and thus they hide in the far untamed corners of the world. However, for two weeks of every year, the dark is permitted to enter the light, just a bit. This event is called The Meeting of the Lights. During this time, Libila’s followers in Alveron interact with the followers of the White Light gods freely.

A custom of interest to the more adventurous inhabitants of Alveron is the habit of some of Libila’s followers to set tasks for them to fulfil. While the tasks are always menial, the rewards they hand out in return often contain a cryptic clue as to the nature of an even greater reward for those who can solve the riddle.

-----

Halloween Event Details:

There is a messenger within Settler’s Step. Talk to her to receive directions to two followers of Libila who have requested assistance during the Meeting of the Lights. Pay attention to their words and their actions carefully, for they hold hidden meaning. Getting everything done will involve a lot of travelling, so be sure to bring provisions for that.

The event will run from the 23rd of October until the 7th of November.

Edited by tophattingson

I've been playing on Alveron for a few weeks now and I must say its a wonderful server, I hope anyone who's interested gives it a chance.

Libila Religion: You can now become a follower or priest of Libila by visiting the bone altar located in the swamps in Southern Denethak.

Denethak's settlements choose their allegiance: 2 December - 9 December War for control of the Kingdom of Denethak is imminent. Deeds established in the region can choose which side they wish to back from the following:

• Doshaal III of Senuthesia
  • Princess Amytis
  • High Priest of Libila

Over the course of upcoming events, Doshaal, Amytis and the Blacklighters will fight for control of regions of Denethak, including the possibility that your deed will have it's allegiance flipped. Nothing bad can happen to the deed itself from this - it will merely be a change of control in lore terms. You can support whichever side of the conflict you wish regardless of what your deed's allegiance is. If you do not choose which side to align with by 10 December, a geographically appropriate allegaiance will be given automatically.

Played WO  years ago <scratches head>, cant't recall how long ago that was and loved it, only work pressure dictated I leave at that time. Couple years off retirement now and since WU came about, I have created several characters as I changed my pute from time to time and started afresh in the offline mode as it's the best survive and build game imo - Offline or Online . Recently got the bug again and loving it. Started to think would be nice to know that I live in a populated (albeit light population) world though, and have been surveying the server list. Like the look of this server (prefer the vinilla stats as it feels like I earned every step and the map looks great btw) and the idea of some RP from time to time once I skill up enough to engage in easier and wider travel and engage more with whatever events are created.

Liking the idea of trying to get down to the South East below Tich's guard tower area between there and Korntopia maybe, as soon as able (I Like a challenge travelling light as a noob (done it before and it was Tense and Fun), or even maybe as far down as the island sprawl further SE (though not sure of height maps down there looking at map, where mining is concerned). Idea being to create an auld Bowyer living off the land and maybe vieing to be a pig farmer in his dotage, heck even raising chickens for the fun of it. Often the locations dictate lifestyle, so who knows?

Viable to begin un-deeded I imagine with the look of your Rules that look to limit grief, though I suspect a small population also helps in that regard even if those rules did not exist.

So 'Sunlion' may try and log in over next couple days. Anything I need to know, just PM me here on forum, will give it a crack after work tomorrow.

regards Anaraavi/Sunlion

Part 1

Woke on a sandy bar not far from shore. That was a hell of a storm my poor sailboat had endured. Not sure how I ended up on the sandbar, guess my poor boat could not handle the storm.

I swam to the shore and walked a short ways towards a column of smoke. Seems whoever ruled the lands hereabouts had set up a small way station of sorts, with a food store and other basic resources.

Only came across one person here, a man with few words who offered me some goods for a small chore. I gathered up some timber for him, and he showed me how to make a half decent wooden hammer. I also fashioned some rough planks for him and he rewarded me with some iron ware that my come in handy. He said I could stick around, but I was eager to set out and find a place to settle down and grab some proper rest. I was unsure of the politics in this land, and being a wary soul, turned down his offer of some more work and headed down river; after cooking up a couple meals for the journey. On the way down I found some clay and made a couple of rough jugs that would hopefully hold a little water if I was able to fire them up a little, which I did on a makeshift campfire.

Food, water, I was good to go and headed south, following the river that I learned from a rough map the guy at the station had drawn up for me, separated Denathak and Senuthesia as they were named. I followed the river for many an hour avoiding the local wildlife. It was a fright-full experience too, what with the occasional giant spider, Black wolf, and I spied what looked like Trolls. I swam to the other bank when I saw those, they would eat me for breakfast if they spied me. I finally came to a branch in the river way down south past some mountain ranges on my left. Followed the river to it's end and then headed East. I found quite a few edibles along the way and cooked up some hearty food, albeit I would have preferred some meat, but I did not have the means to kill hunt for any. I was a simple fisherman, what did I know of hunting? May have to learn if I am to survive out here. The guy at the station had warned me of a conflict between rival groups down here in Denathak, seems they were contesting rulership. Figure I would head that way see if I could find work.

I continued East and crossed some tundra, lots of horses and cattle, but as I neared a large marsh, I also spied more spiders, bears and even what looked like Alligators or Crocs.

I befriended an old horse who actually came to me for contact, decided to lead him along with me, see if I could learn to ride him. That horse saved my l;ife a couple of hours later. I had not liked the look of the marshes, and had headed North from there to what looked like another river at the North end of the marsh. It was quite thick with Willows around the Marsh, and as the horse and I traversed this area, a large and angry Bear came charging towards me. maybe due to the kindness I had shown the old horse, or just plain self preservation, the horse bolted ahead of me and reared up against the Bear, again and again he reared up and hit the bear with his front hooves, but the Bear scored the horse several times.  The horse went into a rage and lashed out again and again, frothing at the mouth it was lost to pain and survival, I ran, and as I did I saw over my shoulder a Large black Wolf join the fray. I continued to run tears streaming from my eys at the fate of the old Horse. I headed North through the swampier areas, hoping the Bear or Wolf would not follow. I ran blindly with the screams of the horse in my ears.

Part two:

I reached the mouth of the River heading North and followed it's course until it split East and West. I followed the Eastern branch and followed that, until it ended as the land rose up to forests and hills.

I again checked the map and realized that the whole island was quite sizeable, given my many hours of travel. Several times I had raised camp and cooked what meager pickings I had found whilst foraging.

As I rose above the river heading somewhat NNE I found some level ground at the foot of a line of rocky peaks, and decided that I would try and set up a camp here, all being well. No sign of any Predators here, a few cattle, deer and pigs was all I had glimpsed, though I did find an old and rather slow Chicken that fed my need for some higher protein in my diet after that long slog South.

Yes, this place should do nicely. There was ample wood and stone, some fairly level ground and not too far from water. I had refilled my two jugs before I had left the river, and made a few meals from some pumkins I had found on the way up through the forest. Looking at the map,  the nearest settlement was to my NE, a place named Erin Go Bragh if I read it right? Also the map is marked with a guard tower in that area too, so if the worst comes to the worst and a small war party, or worse still a Troll band roams through this area, I may be able to reach the tower, if I am fit enough that is. I need to chop some wood and gather up food, get my strength back to the peak of fitness and we will see. I hope the local Laird, or whomever takes over the land after the conflict, will allow me to stay here, as the place has some shelter from the elements even this high above the river.

I need to try and make a Bow too, hunt some game, and maybe a way to catch some fish in the river, though I have seen no Willow since the Marshes down further South.

END.

(So yes, love the map, love the difficulty of x1 x1, and hope I can find a way, or ways to earn some money to set up a Deed, great map and Server, get's my vote, and the few I have spoken to in Global have all been friendly. Nice one.)

Sunlion/Anaraavi

Edited by Anaraavi
Typos

The server is really coming along. I hope if people are interested they at least drop by, we're growing a really engaging and pleasant community. 

Server has grown a fair bit since I joined, but more people are always welcome! The server is still fairly young, and there are plenty of ways to be useful. 

I can only second, or third, that this is the best map I've seen. I love the diversity and the islands that actually make seafaring necessary until those pesky bridge builders get to it. 9/10 maps are just one big boring continent where one place is like any other place.

Also kudos for not removing priest restrictions. The only thing I would do differently is to set aggressive mobs to about 50% and maybe increase the total.

Nice lore.

I would definitely have picked this server if I weren't heavily invested in another one already, but who knows, if that one turns sour again, maybe...

On 6/29/2019 at 7:58 PM, Crassius said:

I love the diversity and the islands that actually make seafaring necessary until those pesky bridge builders get to it.

We're all still alive on here, and a fair few bridges have gone up these past months making land travel a fair bit easier. Boats are definetely still the fastest though, unless the wind is especially bad.

Just posting here as a little lifesign that we're still chugging along and would love to have more people looking for a close-to-vanilla experience joinin' :)