Sign in to follow this  
AJBlack

Please Send Us E-Mail Warnings For Expirations of Characters & Deeds

We get e-mails when our premium expires on characters, but could we please receive warnings for when a non-premium character is about to expire so we can log them back in? 

Also, could we please get warnings when our deed upkeep hits 30 days, and then again at 7 days? That way we won't lose our deeds if we want to keep them while inactive and may have miscalculated. 

A system to send emails is already in place, my plea is only to give us a chance to save things we might otherwise lose.

• Like 6

Just lost a non-premium char this way which I would've liked to keep, so big +1 for this idea.

Pay the 2s for your non-prem character and be done with it.

Deeds could use twitter, or just a spreadsheet.

+1

Mail alert 30days before rip, 2 weeks and 1 week left.. before deletion..

For some this could be extra alt.. or their MAIN character.. which could later be turned into prem and continued to exist and paying customer.

If you have the time.. spend some on such system... deed upkeep and online(out-of-the-game option to pay deed upkeeps is good imo(there's already suggesting in other category for this))

Spam is 'good'? when it's asked for.. add the option to not send these alerts if the player/customer wants that.

• Like 1

Having had a good many such alts it is always a pain when they go away.  However, if the time has elapsed and I haven't checked on them in the 3(?) months that it takes for them to delete, I doubt they were that important to me or anyone else.  Especially with the 2s option now to prem a char the first time, it is insanely easy to lock a char for all time.

create free alt, prem it for 1 month in the store.  Sell the free silvers and the referal if you don't wish to use for yourself on your main accounts.  Ultimately less expensive than paying a minimum prem time at token.

I am personally ok with never premed alts getting booted - helps keep the data clutter lower.  But for sure would like emails for deed warnings. 

• Like 1

I suggested a while back to allow ally members to see the remaining upkeep on deeds, not really what is asked here, but would sure help in many cases (disabled by default, opt in in one of the many settings menu).

I am totally on board with email notifications for deed expiration, with an option to send the message to the owner, or elders of the deed.

HOWEVER, I do not want the notification going out in the case of draining deeds, if the deed holder does not maintain a deed on a pvp server, they should not be notified near deed disband.

Edited by FranktheTank

-1 for the deed upkeep notification. Would encourage inactive players to come put more money into their deeds and then disappear again, meaning active players would lose out on the opportunity to use that land.

Might be petty of me to say so, but I have on more than one occasion stalked a decaying wall or fence on deed to estimate when a deed is going to drop so I could either expand my own deed or plan a new deed location. Inactive deeds don’t need to sit around forever, so an email about upkeep really isn’t a good idea in my opinion.

I could, however, get on board with an in-game notice of “less than a week remaining,” because at least then the person has to be actively playing the game to get the warning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joelle said:

-1 for the deed upkeep notification.

You know we have twitter for notifications such as this already right? Which can also be set for anyone to follow if they wanted to.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:00 AM, Pashka said:

Having had a good many such alts it is always a pain when they go away.  However, if the time has elapsed and I haven't checked on them in the 3(?) months that it takes for them to delete, I doubt they were that important to me or anyone else.  Especially with the 2s option now to prem a char the first time, it is insanely easy to lock a char for all time.

My idea is to keep the 'anchor' that could lead somebody back to the game... after trying it... few people coming back are a good thing imo.. even if it's a chance.

There is HUGE variety of games out there... I've given 2nd chance to some from 'spam' mails reminding me of my inactivity, this rarely happens.. but it occurs. It's also free re-advertising to the right public, which at least once already have chosen to try the game.?

If alts are a problem, start policing them, create new policy if multi accounts are bad practice, until than ignore comments about 'useless alts' or '2s'.

Unused accounts could be archived in separate place to reduce the load on db if that's needed.

2 hours ago, Joelle said:

-1 for the deed upkeep notification. Would encourage inactive players to come put more money into their deeds and then disappear again, meaning active players would lose out on the opportunity to use that land.

Might be petty of me to say so, but I have on more than one occasion stalked a decaying wall or fence on deed to estimate when a deed is going to drop so I could either expand my own deed or plan a new deed location. Inactive deeds don’t need to sit around forever, so an email about upkeep really isn’t a good idea in my opinion.

I could, however, get on board with an in-game notice of “less than a week remaining,” because at least then the person has to be actively playing the game to get the warning.

There is already an in-game warning for all village members when deed goes below 30 days of upkeep.

44 minutes ago, Warlander said:

There is already an in-game warning for all village members when deed goes below 30 days of upkeep.

Don’t think I’ve ever encountered that personally, so didn’t know it was already a thing. I agree with it though, means members of the village would have to be at least semi-active to get the message that the deed is close to disbanding. I’m just not on board with players dumping silver into deeds they don’t play on, I guess. I hope that makes sense.

8 hours ago, Joelle said:

Don’t think I’ve ever encountered that personally, so didn’t know it was already a thing. I agree with it though, means members of the village would have to be at least semi-active to get the message that the deed is close to disbanding. I’m just not on board with players dumping silver into deeds they don’t play on, I guess. I hope that makes sense.

It is a thing as well as the same message goes out on twitter, if a twitter feed has been set up for the deed.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:27 AM, Warlander said:

This is great if you have villagers or active deed holders.  Most people with multiple deeds have inactive deed holders and all their villagers on one primary deed.  The other deeds are just outposts, hunting lodges, etc.  Those are the deeds that fall, even when we are actively playing the game, if we aren't regularly logging in those deed holders to keep track.

• Like 1

as already stated a few times

use the in game twitter function that already exists, put twitter on your phone and set it to push mobile notifications?

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

Those are the deeds we aren't regularly logging in those deed holders to keep track.

Well there is your problem.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 6:27 PM, Warlander said:

There is no warning anymore. I've had my deed go below 30 unnoticed and no notification popped up.

6 hours ago, AJBlack said:

There is no warning anymore. I've had my deed go below 30 unnoticed and no notification popped up.

When it drops below 30 a chat tab called "village" opens (or the next time you log in) and says less than a month remains, it comes up every time you log in until you add upkeep. 

I just tested on an alt i knew was below 30.  I've also seen the same tab on accounts that are members of a village that drops below 30.

https://prnt.sc/l2xzi2

5 hours ago, Butoxy said:

When it drops below 30 a chat tab called "village" opens (or the next time you log in) and says less than a month remains, it comes up every time you log in until you add upkeep. 

I just tested on an alt i knew was below 30.  I've also seen the same tab on accounts that are members of a village that drops below 30.

https://prnt.sc/l2xzi2

This does not happen with me.

Either way, the thread is for the suggestion to receive e-mail notifications to help people stay in wurm without losing everything.