Sign in to follow this  
Martynas5

Player transfer to new map

How to do it correctly? I want change to new map while keeping existing characters.

There was a tool posted in the Unlimited Modding/Tools forum that would extract the skills for players and let you add them to a new installation. However, it is about 3 years old and I have no idea if it still works (never used it myself). While one might think they can just copy the .map files over to a new installation, this would probably create a lot of problems since buildings, item, players, etc. would still be at their old locations, likely above or below ground, in the water, etc. With a tool like I mentioned it should be possible to set the skills of the players on the new server using the values saved from the old one.  If you do decide to try playing with it MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR FILES!

I changed my map due to corrupted dbs, and asked my host to move all players to the new map. All players got move with their skills, but all items in their inventory was gone... So gave them GM power so they could make their stuff back to it was before. 

Edited by Elsa

I think it can be done like this.

Connect. the new map to the one,

Let every one travel from the old map to new one.

Then switch the log in server to the new map.

Keep old map just in case.

Never tested it but have had thoughts i can be done like this.

• Like 2

So if you add a new map in to a cluster, and then set that as the login server, all the login data will have transferred to that new server?

No.Database population is not automatic.

Thats why players have to travel to the new server from old.

Before  login server setting is changed.

Edited by bigsteve

That sounds like a great idea Steve.  I wish I'd thought of it, rather than just restarting us as noobs again.  I don't really mind starting out new again, but I've done it enough to enjoy having some skills to start a new server.

that could work, and if not all Players can do the travel, as GM you can transpher them via command to the other server

#setserver PlayerName server-id

Eject