Sign in to follow this  
Gazmo

Searching for Sharkin

Trying open Forum

Im Gazmo on pristine Mayor of Akronz Rest, Sharkin Moved into a area East of me that had a sign up about public mine not to deed over or close, Sharkin Moved in destroyed the road and deeded over part of the mine. So i put up mine doors and closed the mine and he proceeded to bash the door down and take over the area. I have made attempt at being nice but you dont move into an area and take over largest mine and screw people in area over. Sharkin, mayor, Broch Tuarach

Actually, that area was deeded by Pakawala, and after that by Sharkin (and by many others) long before you put that sign there.

For some reasons, Sharkin's deed fell, but now he returned to the game; your "public mine" occured while the deed was down, and yes, anyone can go anywhere on an undeeded area and deed over it.

Maybe for same reasons you built a fence along the water and closed land access to that "public area'' with a "public mine" for everyone trying to get to south?

Pristine is a nice, friendly server, with the greatest community in game; I believe is better to try and contact your neighbours and discuss your issues with them before rushing to forums to shame them, no matter the reasons.

• Like 3

Hi Gazmo. It appears I am a villain, but unintentionally. I placed the deed a couple of days ago. I have not paid attention to any signs or the minedoor, I figured it had been there all along since it was an old deed site.

I bashed into it today so see if there was any good veins, but first I made sure that I was not breaking any rules.

Logging started 2018-09-29
[15:53:48] <Sharkin> Is it allowed to bash minedoors on freedom?
[15:53:58] <Sharkin> It is off deed and no house/fence attached to it
[15:54:45] <Sharkin> It's on the edge of a old deed site where I have decided to settle down
[15:56:09] <Joelle> Yes
[15:56:16] <Sharkin> okey ty

I appreciate that you have been playing nice, but you should probably just have contacted me in person because I had no idea I was ''screwing people over''.

In wurm, if you want something you should but a deed on it. But I have no problems with giving access to the mine and veins.

Edited by Sharkin

I really don't believe in the term 'public mine' myself, its public as long as someone does not take the time to deed it or close off access to it, at which point it is no longer public. 

Seriously there is so much rock to mine all over the place there really is no limit to the amount of resources available, take the initiative and find a new spot to mine at, or do a better job in securing a mine you wanted to begin with.

• Like 3

All too often the land near our homes can feel like personal land, but just have to remember the primary rule of wurm. No deed = no rights at all.  Not even the perim.  I've for sure encroached on people many time, being completely unaware.  Just gotta meet the neighbors when you can and work things out to were no feeling are hurt anymore and you end of with lifetime friends.