Sign in to follow this  
Wiluss

Expeditions system

I was thinking of expeditions system.

We have game with nice crafting system so maybe we can put all thouse items in some kind of use.

I think of expeitions they should be make at expedition menager on deed. We can use Guards from guard tower and send them via menager to quest with equip we made.

So we can have inland expeditions with cart vagons or sea with ships.
I see this as big crafting window where we place guards from tower and ships/carts we own also  items we place at guards equip slots.

We will have to adjust items to quest we will pick. So in some quest best armor is chain in other leather or cloth. Same think with weapons we will have list of enemys in that quest and we will have to pick best weapons fo best result.

Quest will block spawning guards in towers for time of quest - couple of rl days (you canot send quards that are not on your deed). You will have to pay silvers coins for start every expedition. After quest if succesed or failed all item we place inside it will be back with hugh amount of damage or gone destoryed.
The quest will have random items (consumables) they reqired to start quest Meals (specyfic cooking dish) tents, watter barrels and others.

The reward should be ship/cart filled with random crafting materials regular items and unique items also small chance rare/supe/fant. The better items we put in the biger chance for nice loot.

So we have system that drain more silver from game require to make/imp more items and put some items to use (grow market economy). And make larger deeds to send more guards (more silver drained).

Wait, it drains silver AND items from the game and that somehow helps the economy because now you potentially have to buy more items with silver - that you also need to spend on the expedition?

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. You're forgetting that "MUH MARKET" is too saturated with skilled crafters for this to encourage buying. If it was an item sink only, maybe. With committing both silver and items to it, I don't see anyone buying expedition equipment ontop of the fees.

Neutral to positively inclined on the overall idea, needs some work on many ends, but could be interesting. Probably not happening in a long while though as the devs have still a lot on their plate for the core game rather than expanding it.