Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Make addy jackal runes show what color they'll apply

It's a pain to dye things when only these work on certain items, often wasting kilos of precious addy just for a desirable color. Showing what color it'll be before it's applied would make them much more useful, and open up the opportunity to trade colors with others.

• Like 3

-1, it's a lottery, it's suppose to be a type of sink for MM, i applied 5 and didn't get the colour i wanted, so i'll keep trying.

Edited by Mclavin

I think the suggestion is for the randomness to apply upon creation, rather than application, so you\d create,. examine, and know whether to sell the colour, trade, or use. 

Could be a more efficient sink, people are more likely to want to make and trade them, interesting idea for sure 

• Like 3

i understand the idea, I think it allows less of a stockpile tho if the colour doesn't show up until applied. there is for sure a high risk you won't get what you want which is why i love how it currently works, cause when you see people like this

121eff6830f2262b701b35c0b6670c96.png

you appreciate the possible length they went to lol. 
I also think it makes it more rare to see colour match like this.

can we remove the colour from runed objects yet? I have a blue canopy bed I very much dislike

42 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

can we remove the colour from runed objects yet? I have a blue canopy bed I very much dislike

I think the only option is to apply another rune and hope you don't get blue again.

The bug regarding brushing undyeable objects is logged, and I'll chase it up this week. 

• Like 1

On the one hand the randomness is really fun on application.

On the other hand people should at least know what color it is before applying and wasting.

Additionally:

Crusaders having a large amount of moonmetal allow them to charge higher prices based on the randomness, by doing many attempts.

On the other hand it will be a faster turn around for crusaders to make more money if they can after creation know the color and not waste material, even build a stock.

I cannot seem to find a balance that hurts the market and also makes people miserable. So I am just going to +-1