Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Add Upkeep through Website (or alternative)

Just thought it would be useful, need to add some upkeep and was unable to login the other day.. then forgot about it until now. Would be nice if I could just purchase some upkeep directly from the website to save me logging in to do it. (even if I couldn't use my in game bank funds to do it and had to purchase new silver from the site specifically for the deed upkeep).

Since a toon can only have 1 deed, i felt like this would be fairly simple to add? Don't know for sure though.

Also please. :) 

• Like 4

u only ever have to do this once 2-3 months. Devs shouldnt put in effort to make you a platform just because you're too lazy to pay once every 90 days -1

It has been asked quite a lot to get an email notification if the deed is running low on upkeep, similar to current premium expiring mails. I think that should solve the "I forgot" things 90%

+1  Sometimes folks have to travel for work and end up in places where the connection/available computers can't handle the client itself.

Also, it would anger Gladiator and it's always fun to anger suggestions' section trolls.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

+1  Sometimes folks have to travel for work and end up in places where the connection/available computers can't handle the client itself.

Also, it would anger Gladiator and it's always fun to anger suggestions' section trolls.

what would anger me is definately not you +ing a stupid thread, but if i was a dev and id have to work on useless things that wouldnt actually bring any benefit...well that would make me mad

Say Gladys... why don't you and your suggestions' troll friends write up a list of all the ways you'd like to see Wurm stagnated in 2005......................... 

Start your own thread about it....

Then the rest of us can every so often have a look and laugh... and laugh... and laugh... 

you say that but everyone thinks wurm was better in the old days when it had so many more people

6 hours ago, antonslavick said:

Wurm Online died because they made Wurm Unlimited

Well two points of view on this,

Wurm Online died because they made Wurm Unlimited

Or

Wurm Unlimited will stay around forever even when Wurm Online dies

The bleed was happening regardless, just be happy the code will be around long after the servers close.

1 hour ago, FranktheTank said:

Wurm Alone will stay around forever even when Wurm Online dies.

*fixed

• Like 3

On 9/25/2018 at 12:30 AM, Xor said:

Since a toon can only have 1 deed, i felt like this would be fairly simple to add? Don't know for sure though.

A character can have 1 deed per server.

I think as a *wish* it is a nice idea but in practical terms adding upkeep directly from the token is already available and easily accomplished. Attempting to set this up from the Wurm Shop would just be a lot of additional programming required for little benefit.

=Ayes=

+123?

Just because you could know when you need to pay the bills but aren't able or want to install the game client where you are, could be done by a phone... FOR EXAMPLE, which is next level.. for the game.?

It's a good idea, the current problem is that golden valley doesn't know which deeds you own or belong to on other servers (golden valley is the login server and handles the shop too) 

This means that we'd have to add a lot moe functionality to check what servers have what deeds and a lot more issues there. 

I do want better notifications for deed upkeep and such, and it may come down the line, I think the ability to add upkeep via the shop might be a little tough at this current point though 

• Like 3

I would also love to see this function, especially if the transaction has the option of paying via RLC not only in game currency. 

Granted, that may be a little money from the pockets of the market barons, so it won't be a popular suggestion....

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

I would also love to see this function, especially if the transaction has the option of paying via RLC not only in game currency. 

Granted, that may be a little money from the pockets of the market barons, so it won't be a popular suggestion....

Hmm if it would be RL money option it could make additional income to CC that woud be worth of implementing it maybe... and could be convinient for people not wanting to buy silvers, maybe introduce some packets like 1y minimal deed upkeep for 10e or something like that

• Like 1

Well. I actually came here to make a suggestion for new account management (again) and have it include all your deed management as well.  I can't tell you how many games I've played where I was able to quickly log in to manage everything to keep stuff alive, while not having to go into the game to do so.  Sometimes life gets way to busy for screwing around with a hell hound, when you just need to pay the bills.  When that happens, I just let the game die and maybe when I can game again, I just move on to something new, since I really have nothing left in the old game. 

As far as comments about Wurm dying because of WU, I think it might help to see WU in the right perspective.  This kind of game is ideal for playing in your own little world, with no worry of people messing with your creations.  There were a ton of people that played WO and barely tolerated pvpish activity on the PvE servers.  Those people (I go back and forth to being one too) were finally given something just perfect to play on.

Really, why make the chess club go to football practice, when they just want to go play chess?  The people that stayed in WO are the ones that want what WO offers and are willing to pay extra for it.  The ones that left for WU are now enjoying what they are better suited for.  Good for everyone, right?  WO servers have way more open land to choose for deed sites.  Much less crowding at events.  Server crashes are so rare now. 

Maybe someone is worried about the game income?  Well, the best I can tell is that we have more devs now than ever.  Game development 10x faster than pre-WU years.  The number of WU purchases has got to be vastly more income than WO ever had at it's peak.  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure WU is the reason WO still exists today.  But what I do know is that if WO ever closed, I'll still have my WU servers to run for decades if I need my fix.

So yeah, +1 to deeds online.