Sign in to follow this  
Beretel

Easy purchasing of player made bulk goods, Please

Ok, I don't have a real solid and polished idea on this, but I see the problem.

Problem:

Slow economy.  Lack of trade between players.  Players will tend to do everything themselves, instead of purchasing from others.

Solution:

Some kind of bulk possibilities with merchants and wagoners.  Possibly with traders also.

I could put 5k bricks on my merchant and someone could come to Pleasantview and purchase however many they want at my established 'per brick' price.

Someone could go to a merchant connected by the road system and by wagoners, could see the goods on my merchant, purchase them and have their wagoner come pick them up or my wagoner (if I had one) make the delivery.  Wagoner would take a delivery fee of course... so they'd be better off as far as purchase price to drive over.

This would allow people to, at their convenience purchase bulk items they need.  And people could at their convenience sell said bulk items.

JS

Note: need some way for a new player to be able to make 100 bricks and sell them using a convenient system also.  That will help new players get started.

Edited by Beretel
Note

This already exists.  You can buy the key to a locked BSB with 2k bricks in it, and the owner can sell the key on a merchant for 4 silver, or whatever the desired price for the bricks is.  Nowadays with BSB's being loadable on boats, you can literally load the BSB on your boat and take it with you once it is unlocked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beretel said:

Slow economy.  Lack of trade between players.  Players will tend to do everything themselves, instead of purchasing from others.

Rather a consequence of lack of players than real root problem, i would say. But i agree on better automated systems of trade so we relay less on forums trade chats and timezones ( ingame auction houses, cross server wagooners, bulk merchants connected with wagooners) although it has very little to do with problem you stated and it's unlikely it will solve something about lack of players and boosting trade...

I wish people stop trying to fix economy per se, and focus on improving game(improved ways of trading is improved game no reason to put economy behind it) and getting new and retaining players, economy will fix itself after...

yup bulk sales exist with merchants, seen a deed set up for this on exodus really well, with pens for bulk goods behind locked gates, one pen even had a rare forge sitting inside

The locked BSB or Gate system is neither easy nor convenient, as either a purchaser or a seller.  It may work for those who want to buy several thousand of something, but a relatively new player will likely not use it.  I've got bricks that would be available if there were an easy way, but I'm not, at this point, going to set up a bsb/key system.

I don't think the problem is truly lack of players.  10 players could effectively specialize and have a good and vibrant economy between them.  The problem is that it's easier for me to learn to do it all myself than for me to sell what I do well and buy what I don't do well.  As long as buying and selling is inconvenient or difficult, it simply will not happen as much.

I don't see a disadvantage to my proposal.

JS

• Like 1

Wagoners are there to help with bulk sales now -  at least within same server. Shippers could be added at some point - defining sailing routes...

Edited by Jaz

The way it is setup is great for people  who can gather lots of bulk items and find the connections to sell them. 

However  just making 1k of a bulk item is a bit daunting for a new player as is finding the right people to sell to. Also for the directional challenges people like myself  they will not want  to leave their settlement to find a Wagoner if and will not even be able to make a bsb.