Sign in to follow this  
Clilesra

Hunterland - free deed and upkeep

I have decided to professionally host my own server to allow me to play with the mods I want on the map I want. However, I do not have time to manage it. I am looking for a full staff of knowledgeable people to help me. If you are interested please pm me.

Do you plan to pay the people? I mean well, you are searching a team who puts up a server for YOU, which consumes time and energy. And also both time and knowledge is expensive, so better think about paying the people or you will not have a lot of success with this kind of offer. Next, if you don't have time to manage a server don't run a server.

You can compare this with someone asking on the forum for people who help him/her to put up a village in Wurm for free because he/she doesn't have time.

Edited by Sklo:D

Valid point Sklo. but, I wasn't planning on paying people.  What I was looking for is people that have free time to be online to help players. I will manage the coding and maintenance of the server. I am not doing donations on the server so there will be no income, however if someone wanted to help we could discuss some type of in game payments. 

Even if I don't get any staff I will keep the server up and running but, will only be able to GM on weekends and some evenings.

13 minutes ago, Clilesra said:

Valid point Sklo. but, I wasn't planning on paying people.  What I was looking for is people that have free time to be online to help players. I will manage the coding and maintenance of the server. I am not doing donations on the server so there will be no income, however if someone wanted to help we could discuss some type of in game payments. 

Even if I don't get any staff I will keep the server up and running but, will only be able to GM on weekends and some evenings.

Well then the best option is to just start the server, create some cool things on it, get some people to play on. Then also players willing to help out as GMs or CAs will turn up for sure.

Also, it would be very helpful if you could give a general idea of what type of server you are envisioning :) I have some experience GMing but am also pretty picky about where I play. I don't like things too easy, but yet I want all the quality of life mods lol.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kamiraa said:

Also, it would be very helpful if you could give a general idea of what type of server you are envisioning :) I have some experience GMing but am also pretty picky about where I play. I don't like things too easy, but yet I want all the quality of life mods lol.

I've had a few people ask me what I envision for the server...to be honest I have no idea. I just want a place to play with the mods I want but, with other people. The only way I can see to do that is to create my own server. Regardless of whether or not other people play I am going to keep the server up and after I get it running the way i want I am going to add a pvp server to the cluster. I don't like the pay to play thing or the pay to advance. So I will not be accepting donation. 

I have been around awhile and was hoping some of my old friend would take up the gm role but, most of the seem to have retired:) Sklo probably does't remember me but, we used to fight all the time back in my KOS days.  After Ace went to basic Lando and I where pretty much what was left holding it together but, after the split I just got frustrated and left for awhile. I would love to have something similar to Sklotopolis but, there has obviously been a lot of time and effort put into that server and it will be a long while before I get anywhere near that level:)