Sign in to follow this  
Jukken

Unable to travel to server

For some reason I cannot travel between two linked servers now.

Server1 loginserver.

Player can login just fine.

Server2

Player on the server can login just fine.

During startup, the log clearly states that the other server is online and has been found and it all seems fine.

And they must be in contact because the loginserver can transfer the login information to the other server (and player can login just fine).

But if I try to go from one to the other, I get massive lag and server just says I cannot go there.

This is what the log states when trying to go from login server to the other.

[01:11:22 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:11:32 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:11:43 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:11:53 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:12:03 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:12:13 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:12:24 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:12:26 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.items.RecipesByPlayer: packing 0 known recipes!
[01:12:47 EM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection: Failed to contact the login server  2,Connection refused to host: 85.228.199.200; nested exception is: 
	java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
[01:12:47 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer: Failed copy to target server for Altor took 21003 ms.
[01:12:47 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Lag detected at pollintracommands (15.8): 21.004
[01:12:47 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Elapsed time (21005ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 161
[01:12:47 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:12:48 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:12:58 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2
[01:13:08 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2

is RMI enabled on both servers? (wurm.ini files)

Do RMI ports match the other server on each server, do the internal ports and addresses match

Edited by Sklo:D

USE_INCOMING_RMI=true

on both servers (like it's been the last couple of years)

Server1

External IP 85.229.5.85

External port 3724

Internal IP 127.0.0.1

internal port 48010

RMI reg 7221

RMI port 7220

Server2

External IP 85.228.199.200

External port 3725

Internal IP 127.0.0.1

Internal port 48011

RMI reg 7223

RMI port 7222

If you can spot what I've done wrong, please do.

I had a similar issue which was  down to the 1.8.0.3 settings. I'd be tempted to disable the auto network stuff, you can do this by editing the wurm.ini file on each server with AUTO_NETWORKING=false and ENABLE_PNP_PORT_FORWARD=false and making sure the check box is off in the Server startup screen.

Then double check all your settings manually, as you had them before.

I still have an issue that the server to server portals are not delivering players to the spawn point (just dumping them at sea), but they are at least getting to the target server.

Best of luck !

17 hours ago, Jukken said:

USE_INCOMING_RMI=true

on both servers (like it's been the last couple of years)

Server1

External IP 85.229.5.85

External port 3724

Internal IP 127.0.0.1

internal port 48010

RMI reg 7221

RMI port 7220

Server2

External IP 85.228.199.200

External port 3725

Internal IP 127.0.0.1

Internal port 48011

RMI reg 7223

RMI port 7222

If you can spot what I've done wrong, please do.

You are running 2 different machines, but your internal IP is the local loopback address 127.0.0.1. So this just can't work this way. Your internal address must be able to see the other server. So you need to use a LAN IP if the servers are in the LAN or an official IP if they are not in the LAN. If you give them an official IP make sure to configure your firewall so only the other server can access RMI and internal ports, otherwhise you will be hacked quite soon.

It is impossible to link 2 servers with the current configuration.

• Like 1

I've tried the real IPs as well, no change.

Isn't it odd, if the servers cannot communicate...I can still log a character onto the non-login server?

Edited by Jukken

I would shut both servers down, and install DB-browser (if you haven't already) and open up the Servers table in the login DB and manually check that the settings you posted above match, do not just rely on what you see in the User Interface. If you notice any settings that are incorrect, correct them then write the changes and try again

I always backup the files before making any changes!

10 hours ago, Jukken said:

I've tried the real IPs as well, no change.

Isn't it odd, if the servers cannot communicate...I can still log a character onto the non-login server?

The login into other servers works, because the login server is only forwarding the connections.

Check your configuration and your firewall, the only reason why it doesn't work.

I had a similar issue once, I had to fix many things (some discussed above) but also it seemed to help when I made both server passwords the same. It didn't make sense to me at the time, but that was about when things started working.

Also, don't both servers need to be on the same subnet? I'm suspicious of how different the IP addresses are.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:02 AM, Sklo:D said:

The login into other servers works, because the login server is only forwarding the connections.

Isn't the character information stored on the login server...so I pick up an item on the second server it gets stored on the login server?

Changed numbers back and forth a lot to try and figure something out. Finally it worked (?) Didn't really make any changes from what it was. Well, guess it workes so...

I'm guessing there was an invisible space somewhere or something.

Edited by Jukken

On 9/28/2018 at 6:23 PM, Jukken said:

Isn't the character information stored on the login server...so I pick up an item on the second server it gets stored on the login server?

No