Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

[Fixed] collapsed tile respawning ore

Lava tiled and froze a sandstone vein, mined it open and strong walled it shut, reopened it to find the sandstone vein returned, same ql and amount so I mined it out by hand, collapsed it shut and reopened next to it to find it is back again. This could also become an exploited bug if it was say a high ql silver/ gold vein that could be closed and reopened over and over again.

It also works with rocksalt veins.  I have yet to confirm it with "old" minerals.

When I was in JK, one of the newer tunnels we made had a rock salt vein on the wall that was to be reinforced on the tunnel.  I mined out the rocksalt and collapsed it.  Came back the next day with support beams and it was rock salt again.

I mined it out again, collapsed it again.  It turned to rock (if given time, or possibly a server restart?) it turns back to rocksalt.  But if I reinforce it right then and there, it stays as a reinforced tile.

I mined out salt veins in my tunnel, collapsed them and reenforced them , came back a while later and the reenforcment was gone and the salt veins returned, all of them .

Added to the list.

12 hours ago, TheShawv said:

I mined out salt veins in my tunnel, collapsed them and reenforced them , came back a while later and the reenforcment was gone and the salt veins returned, all of them .

On 9/23/2018 at 12:16 AM, Wargasm said:

When I was in JK, one of the newer tunnels we made had a rock salt vein on the wall that was to be reinforced on the tunnel.  I mined out the rocksalt and collapsed it.  Came back the next day with support beams and it was rock salt again.

I mined it out again, collapsed it again.  It turned to rock (if given time, or possibly a server restart?) it turns back to rocksalt.  But if I reinforce it right then and there, it stays as a reinforced tile.

TheShawv and Wargasm, is the rock salt issue something you recall from the past or is this very recent as well?

EDIT:   I found the other issue and reopened it here for Rock Salt:  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/164479-bug-reenforced-tiles-returning-to-salt-veins/

Edited by Alectrys
Found Rocksalt bug.

2 sandstone veins came back.

The first one i erupt and freez and than mine it away.

It came back the next day, i already reinforced the floor and put cateyes on it. 

The cateyes were not activ.

The sandsone just grow over them.

Than a other sandsone erupt and freez but this time i was thinking i dont mine it away i go first erupt all the others, 2 days later it become a sandstone vein.

In the mean time i have make the cateyes green at the first sanstone location.

after i erupt and freez it again.

I hope this works for me.

The tile poller will revert all rock tiles that are at a position where sandstone or salt spawns back to sandstone/salt within about a rl day, that's how they were spawned in when sandstone/salt was added and that's how it continues to work.

If you want to get rid of sandstone permanently - mine it out, reinforce it (including any adjacent walls - simply reinforcing the floor doesn't prevent collapsing) and leave it that way.

This happened to us again. This is completely unnaceptable. Over 9 months and nothing is being done. We did a vein which had over 8k hits on it, spend a ridiculous amount of hours mining it out, and now its back. Now I have to make more bsbs to store the sandstone and mine it again. Snadstone which is completely pointless, takes a godawful amount of storage space and there is absolutely no use for.

GMs refuse to help. I can't understand why. If you refuse to fix a bug at least help players when your bug screws us! Its the least you could do. Second time we have to go through this on this community tunnel. 

[03:37:15] <Timothymarker> Hello, CM responding to your support call 56208.
[03:37:50] <Timothymarker> And back here with sad news ... GMs won't pop the tile, awfully sorry about that ...
[03:38:05] <Arakielx> ok thanks
[03:38:08] <Timothymarker> need to either mine it out or use lava ...
[03:39:23] <Arakielx> the bug is at least 9 months old, someone might want to fix that.
[03:39:53] <Timothymarker> Oh sure, that's why I asked you to post there, so the bug get's more to the top of the priority list :)
[03:41:33] <Timothymarker> Also feel free to make a suggestion thread that players should get GM assistance in these cases :)

@Enki Help would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

This is how people would always reuse utmost iron veins