Sign in to follow this  
Launcelot

Wurm - How it has taught me to use doors

I have been working as a night grocery stocker for the last bit. This is the first time ever I have been been told to leave early. I was told by my foreman that I can clock out; unlock a door and he will come around in a few mins and re-lock it (the store is closed for 5hrs at night). So happily I grabbed my things since normally I work overtime. So clicking my heels I walk to the first set of double doors which are unlocked and they automatically open but the 2nd set were locked. I unlock them and they did not automatically open. Taking from what I know about Wurm all I need to do is back up a few steps, walk forward and they will open... WRONG. I repeat the process for about 30secs moving back farther back and walking forward. I see out of the corner of my eye 2 of my coworkers standing there with their heads tilted confused. They make a sliding glass door motion so I grab the door and slide it open and it WORKED! I turned around, smiled and gave a thumbs up. At least working nights I can make the excuse of we work like dogs all week and that it is 2am and my brain wasn't working XD.

o7,

Launsel~

• Like 6

I did the same thing when I did night stocking a bunch of years ago. After a long shift I was dopey as... you get what I'm saying.

Also great to see you've mastered the basics Sklo.

Yeah you get so excited to leave  you forget they they turn off the sensor/motor for the doors lol. Never had to deal with it til this morning.

I am also glad you have learned the basics Sklo, they are very important.