Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Stepladder for reaching tall shelves etc.

I've been arranging my new kitchen lately and trying out empty shelves and empty tall bookshelves to use as storage. Unfortunately, reaching the higher shelves on these requires the use of a vehicle/mount or nearby stairs, which is a bit inconvenient.

I propose: A stepladder or stepping stool item, light enough to be carried. Only works on flat ground. Allows you to move at least a few feet up, similar to a horse or so, for the purpose of being able to see and use taller surfaces and place items on them.

If implementing an item with that kind of collision/walkability (for a stepladder) would be too difficult, it could be implemented as sort of a pseudo-vehicle the way benches and tents work (yes, really, you can stand in a tent using the SIT keybind), allowing you to stand on it using a right-click command.

• Like 2

I would rather they just allowed more range on opening things. 

3 hours ago, Ohana said:

I would rather they just allowed more range on opening things. 

I'm referring to placing items on top of other objects, not opening things. The problem is that you can't see the top surface of many shelves (such as the top shelves of an empty shelf or bookcase), unless you mount a vehicle, which prevents you from placing things there.

+1

new items are always fun, and no telling what creative uses others may come up with for it.

I would settle for them allowing placement at a slightly farther distance. Most large items are near impossible to place properly since you need to be right on top of the tile you want to place it on and the item is too big to see where are you placing it. Placing items is a very harrowing experience.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I would settle for them allowing placement at a slightly farther distance. Most large items are near impossible to place properly since you need to be right on top of the tile you want to place it on and the item is too big to see where are you placing it. Placing items is a very harrowing experience.

Yeah, placing huge items properly is quite a challenge as you don't see anything being so close to tile. Could also fix the tall shelves. +1 to any solution that would make that experience better