Sign in to follow this  
Etheria

stop uniques from bashing walls

Lots of people have been complaining about this on WU's more relaxed servers. 

I'd like to request a mod that shuts this trait off, please. 

If you make it impossible for uniques to bash it will make it easier for people to pen them. Would it work if they only bashed when on-deed and never bashed a deeded thing when they are off deed? I'm not sure if that is possible and I'm just brainstorming here.

I have a more relaxed server and plan on releasing mass uniques for a challenge. People have lots of FS easily. 

However you can imagine the carnage if bashing were still an issue. 

I personally have no qualms with people penning uniques seeing how they'll be common occurrences. 

Hopefully someone can confirm this. looking in Creature.breakout() it seems uniques always bash fences if one obstructs where it wants to go. I was hoping we could just toggle the isBreakFence field but I don't that is enough. Bytecode hacking that breakout method would likely work (I'm not volunteering to do any bytecode hackery). 

Oh, and don't read into the method's name too much. A better name might be bashObstrctingFence(). The current name implies it's used so uniques can escape something when it fact it just serves as a way for fence bashers to smash fences between them and a target.