Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Riding horse into reinforced wall makes horse disappear until relog

Got 2 deeds with mine ramps to the top. Those ramps has many turns. On each turn, floor is flat.

If I ride horse straight to the wall, on turn, in most cases I got disembarked and horse "vanish".

If I luckily got horse selected on select bar, I can activate rope and lead it from behind the wall. Horse just walk out of the wall.

If not, I need to relog, and after logging in horse is standing on this flat floor.

Only unusual thing that come to my mind is that behind those reinforced walls are unnaturally high post valrei slopes (like above 500 or so). In proximity of 1-5 tiles (depends on place and deed).

On the image below typical left rurn. Wall where horse could dissappear is hovered.

GFCwV40.jpg

It's just walls in general, can do it to any cave wall or house wall, isn't anything to do with the wall being reinforced or the slope behind it.

Ok, but I tried to ride into walls on other caves, and cannot duplicate this effect.

But riding multiple times (let's say 10) into my reinforced walls give 3/10 to 5/10 times happen.

Been this way with hell horses for about a year now.  Definitely needs fixing.

The horse is visually displaced just for the toon that was riding it - all others will see the horse in front of the wall. If anyone moves it the bugged toon will see it again too (so it seems the client just misplaces the horse when accidentally dehorsed).

Not just horses, can be a cart or wagon as well, most don't notice this as it usually takes a good amount of speed to plow into a wall and make your mount/cart vanish into the wall. Regular 5 speed horses with good gear can do this and 5 speed hell horses makes it very easy.

Best way to avoid having to relog when speeding through tunnels is to have your cart/horse targeted so when you plow it into a wall you can just hop back on and continue on your trip.